Travellers disgrace their community again

agamemnon

No you are not a settled person, only native Irish that settled are called settled people, you would be considered a foreigner or a mogul, your blood is not Irish, it's a place you came to and adopte the accent and a place where you were born, but I don't mind sharing my culture or my Heritage as long as it's honored respected and cherished, but just to let you know the correct terminology, we the native Irish would call Old foreigners like yourself, a country man.
Lots of Travellor surnames are not native Irish, Stokes, Ward, etc.

Paddy{ie

The garda don't need my help, they know exactly who they are where they live,
So, would you testify against them? Have you passed incriminating information about them to the Gardai? If you have and the Gardai haven’t acted, have you contacted Drew Harris or proper charlie Flanagan. If you haven’t passed any incrimination information, why not.

Paddy{ie

We can hardly pay for the hospitals that need to be built where is the money to be found for the dozens of new jails that would be required for that?
Spike Island. Make it a Caravan Park. May as well let them feel at home. Dump the offenders there. No need for prison officers, just an armed patrol boat or two. Do food drops a few times per week.

Killpatrick

Lots of Travellor surnames are not native Irish, Stokes, Ward, etc.
My family are descended from The Unbroken line of the Lost, O'Connor's so my Clans were the O'Connor's and the O'Neills, some Anglo Saxons joined with the Clans against the crown and paid the ultimate price, but you are correct not All Traveller families have the same ancient lineage, my family crest has the Celtic dragon and the Celtic lion, so we were the military Clans, we stood with the O'Connor's against Cromwell but we were defeated, and they Royal O'Connor's wor banished.

agamemnon

My family are descended from The Unbroken line of the Lost, O'Connor's so my Clans were the O'Connor's and the O'Neills, some Anglo Saxons joined with the Clans against the crown and paid the ultimate price, but you are correct not All Traveller families have the same ancient lineage, my family crest has the Celtic dragon and the Celtic lion, so we were the military Clans, we stood with the O'Connor's against Cromwell but we were defeated, and they Royal O'Connor's War banished.
Good on you. Not many of us with full Irish ancestry.

Killpatrick

So, would you testify against them? Have you passed incriminating information about them to the Gardai? If you have and the Gardai haven’t acted, have you contacted Drew Harris or proper charlie Flanagan. If you haven’t passed any incrimination information, why not.
Yes they don't mix with working Travellers, they keep a close-knit circle of friends and they rarely go outside of that, including with other Travelers, but they are considered the black sheep within the community.

Antóin Mac Comháin

The word 'Bardoi' is one of approximately 120 Galatian words which have been deciphered and passed down from archaeological inscriptions. Galatian has been extinct for at least 1,600 years.

Vocabulary

Of the language only a few glosses and brief comments in classical writers and scattered names on inscriptions survive. Altogether they add up to about 120 words, including place and personal names. Scattered vocabulary terms mentioned by Greek authors include άδάρκα (adarka), a type of plant, αδες (ades), "feet", βαρδοί (bardoi), "singing poets, bards", μάρκα (marka), "horse" and τριμαρκισία (trimarkisia), "three-horse battle group".

Personal names

The attested Galatian personal names are similar to those found elsewhere in the ancient Celtic-speaking world. Many are compound names containing common Celtic roots such as *brog-, "country, territory" (cf. Old Irish mruig, Welsh and Breton bro; cognate with Latin margo and Gothic marka), *epo-, "horse" (Old Irish ech, Welsh eb- [in ebol "pony" and the compound ebrwydd "swift"]), *māro- (cf. Gaulish -māros, Old Irish mór, Welsh mawr, Breton meur) "great", and *rig(o)-, "king" (cf. Gaulish -rīx/-reix, Irish rí, Welsh rhi; cognate with Gothic -reiks, Latin rēx).

Place names

Attested place names include Acitorīgiāco ("[Settlement of] Acitorīx"; compare Acitodunum in Gaul), Άρτικνιακόν (Articniācon, "[Settlement of] Articnos" ["Bear-son"]), Δρυνέμετον (Drunemeton; < Proto-Celtic *dru- "oak" and, by extension, "great"; cf. Old Irish druí, Welsh dryw [< *dru-wid-s], "druid, wise man" [literally "greatly wise"], Old Irish neimed, Welsh nyfed "holy place, [sacred] grove"), the meeting place of the Galatian tetrarchs and judges, and Ούινδια (Uindia Fair/White/Holy Place"; Old Irish finn, Welsh gwyn [masc.], gwen [fem.] "fair, white; holy"). - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatian_language

Antóin Mac Comháin

That was a great documentary and it was a very interesting comparison the fella makes between his own plight as a northern nationalist and the traveling community. There's a book called Traveler Ways & Traveler Words which recounts the story of a man who was beaten to death in an RUC station long before the 'troubles' erupted, so that could very well be a two-way street. I doubt many people would have heard of 'Peoples Democracy', and I certainly didn't know they had a Dublin branch, but there you go, you learn something new every day.

It would be great to see that piping and music tradition being revived and passed on through the traveling community.

[video=youtube_share;mx4-Z_vM60o]https://youtu.be/mx4-Z_vM60o[/video]
DÀIMH - Barra to Balloch

The Jocks are years ahead of us. This is the standard they have reached as a result of projects such as Sabhal Mòr Ostaig -http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/en/

Last edited:

Telstar 62

Poor traveller at Clondalkin:-

' If we could just get a sup of water, and a bit of electricity '. :cry2:

Telstar 62

The Travellers are the pure ethnic Irish.

Why are our dissident Republican patriots and goons not defending them
against 'Black and Tan' council evictors??

Or were they busy elsewhere lighting fires?? :sneaky:

Lagertha

Poor traveller at Clondalkin:-

' If we could just get a sup of water, and a bit of electricity '. :cry2:
Not from Dublin and on the lists of other County Councils. More nonsense from them. What's with the 30 kids? Can't afford em, can't provide for them.

Expose the lot of them

Cycled passed Labre Park in Ballyfermot today. Christ, what a complete and utter dump. What chance do children have growing up in a rat infested rubbish tip??
Vast sums of money have been spent on Labre Park, a few years ago, in addition to the 100s of 1000s spent on new accommodation, fitted out with the best of everything, DCC had to cough up 1000s to the ESB to get the place connected. The ESB would not connect until they were paid for all the unpaid bills and years stealing electricity.

Killpatrick

waste of time and money

travellers and settled people will never get along
I don't believe that to be true, talking from my own experience I have lots of friends who are non Travellers I have friends from all over the world every ethnicity and culture, when you treat people with respect instead of Suspicion you'll be surprised of the outcome, I for one do not hide who I am but I don't make it the center of conversation, it's amazing the friendships you can develop when you have an open mind.

Killpatrick

Vast sums of money have been spent on Labre Park, a few years ago, in addition to the 100s of 1000s spent on new accommodation, fitted out with the best of everything, DCC had to cough up 1000s to the ESB to get the place connected. The ESB would not connect until they were paid for all the unpaid bills and years stealing electricity.
Labre Park, was the very first concentration camp constructed for the native Irish in Ireland, the building materials they used was asbestos and they put them right beside a sorege surrounded by power lines, they put them in there when they close down all their traditional moving grounds that they had for centuries. just more of the states cleansing policy

Herr Rommel

Stats out during the other day shows 700 people have being receiving SW for over 20 years, so that is 98 or before, this means that they were unemployed during the Celtic tiger years, would think 95%+ of them are travellers.
An honest day's work is something travellers are incapable of doing. They want their free government money and to be allowed to rob and and con honest people at every opportunity.

Lagertha

I don't believe that to be true, talking from my own experience I have lots of friends who are non Travellers I have friends from all over the world every ethnicity and culture, when you treat people with respect instead of Suspicion you'll be surprised of the outcome, I for one do not hide who I am but I don't make it the center of conversation, it's amazing the friendships you can develop when you have an open mind.
I'm always amused at your posts, it's difficult to tell if you're a troll or a blatant liar.