Treatment of liberal causes célèbre vs emigrants

Sheeple_Waker

Yesterday, 60,000 took to the streets to celebrate the Gay Pride festival, with dignitaries from many state institutions as well as the ‘great and good’ taking part in the festivities. The progress made in social mores is a credit to the country, however probably the largest minority of Irish citizens remain an ignored and disregarded segment of the population. I’m referring of course to economic emigrants, of which I’m one. The poorest parts of the country remain overwhelmingly affected by this phenomenon, in my home parish 13 of 19 of my 6th class group have had to leave for economic reasons, but no influential personage has taken up our cause. And it’s not just recent generations that have emigrated, every family input locality has elderly relations who were forced out in the 40s and 50s. We comprise a good percentage of citizens born since the inception of the state but no government or mass movement has ever attempted to do anything for emigrants. Indeed the recent influx of immigration seems aimed at replacing us. My question is why do other minority groups get such offical recognition while we are left to survive on our wits?

olli rehn

Why do you think you are being "replaced" on purpose?
Why don't you stay and fight for your place in the country?
Those who left did not fight- they just left.
Naturally others will step into vacancies if they arise- and try to survive in their newly found niche.
It is nonsense to fabulate about replacement.

Sheeple_Waker

Naturally others will step into vacancies if they arise- and try to survive in their newly found niche.
How would you have proposed ‘fighting’? Bombs and bullets? I was a member of a political party for a long time and marched, campaigned and took direct action against the government. People left because they had to, and the government and country doesn’t give a ************************ about fellow citizens who would like to come back for work but cant afford to.

olli rehn

How would you have proposed ‘fighting’? Bombs and bullets? I was a member of a political party for a long time and marched, campaigned and took direct action against the government. People left because they had to, and the government and country doesn’t give a ************************ about fellow citizens who would like to come back for work but cant afford to.
Fighting means that you take up any job you can get. Any work at all. A bit here, a bit there. Try to save something. Play the game, become a nixer. Be inventive.Look out for any opportunity. Rely on your family and friends.
The government is not responsible for creating jobs. They might be able to make the place attractive looking for foreign investors or bring in some measurements to improve creation of jobs. I do not think politicians do not give a fxck. None of them is almighty- so the chance of salvation for you coming from them is very slim.
It is a dog eats dog world we are living in. It was never different in the past.
Eat, bird. Or die.
If you are abroad, save your money. Live a simple life. In fact as simple as possible. Come back when you have enough for a restart. But do not expect that you can start with a newly built house and a flashy car. It might be the caravan on an empty building site you will be living in for some time.
I see a good few Eastern Europeans here in the West doing up old houses- bit by bit. They work very hard and live very simple lives. And I see a lot of natives with huge mortgages, new houses and 181 cars.

Last edited:

Catalpast

Hundreds of thousands of immigrants have moved into Ireland since circa 2000 AD

- most of them [though not all!] have managed to find work

So its hard to see how so many Irish abroad cannot return home and get a job....

GDPR

Hundreds of thousands of immigrants have moved into Ireland since circa 2000 AD

- most of them [though not all!] have managed to find work

So its hard to see how so many Irish abroad cannot return home and get a job....
There does seem to be a lot of discrimination going on by native capitalists in the ROI against the indigenous population to be just.

Notachipanoaktree

Fighting means that you take up any job you can get. Any work at all. A bit here, a bit there. Try to save something. Play the game, become a nixer. Be inventive.Look out for any opportunity. Rely on your family and friends.
The government is not responsible for creating jobs. They might be able to make the place attractive looking for foreign investors or bring in some measurements to improve creation of jobs. I do not think politicians do not give a fxck. None of them is almighty- so the chance of salvation for you coming from them is very slim.
It is a dog eats dog world we are living in. It was never different in the past.
Eat, bird. Or die.
If you are abroad, save your money. Live a simple life. In fact as simple as possible. Come back when you have enough for a restart. But do not expect that you can start with a newly built house and a flashy car. It might be the caravan on an empty building site you will be living in for some time.
I see a good few Eastern Europeans here in the West doing up old houses- bit by bit. They work very hard and live very simple lives. And I see a lot of natives with huge mortgages, new houses and 181 cars.
Really Petajack. You want anybody to attempt a reasonable discussion with this PIG.

paddycomeback

At least Macron was elected. We have a globalist dictator ruling by "divine right" to quote Micheal Martin.
Ireland is being ruled by a fiercely anti-Irish, anti-Catholic, quisling junta.
All they care about is pushing their SJW agenda whilst undermining our Republic.
FF need to pull the plug on this regime and denounce them as British puppets and launch a Mueller style investigation into FG/British collusion.

Notachipanoaktree

At least Macron was elected. We have a globalist dictator ruling by "divine right" to quote Micheal Martin.
All they care about is pushing their SJW agenda whilst undermining our Republic.
FF need to pull the plug on this regime and denounce them as British puppets and launch a Mueller style investigation into FG/British collusion.
Yep The Lesbian Junta. Neoliberal, Radical Militant Feminist, supported by the money grabbing P&CS political placements.

Hitchcock

There does seem to be a lot of discrimination going on by native capitalists in the ROI against the indigenous population to be just.
It would be helpful if you expanded upon that statement including examples/evidence, currently it's rather meaningless.

jimbohane

FF are no different and haven't been for years. I seem to recall a certain FF Taoiseach a while back selling Irish Passports to Arabs who were willing to invest in Ireland . Brown envelopes are the only thing FF were ever interested in not saving Ireland. Our country is well and truly fooked with the current shower of politicians whoever is in power.

GDPR

It would be helpful if you expanded upon that statement including examples/evidence, currently it's rather meaningless.
??
When was the last time you were served by an indigenous waitress in one of the biggish cities here?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I'm quite liking the Pride march each year now as it seems to startle some quare birds indeed from out of the marshes.

Exactly the sort of foaming social reactionaries I have always disliked in Ireland. Oh for a Beretta over-and-under as they flap past squawking angrily at being disturbed from their nests in the marshes.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
??
When was the last time you were served by an indigenous waitress in one of the biggish cities here?
'Hello. Before my friends and I in Panzergruppe Neiner order our pot of tea and bring our meeting to order on how the knitting of barbed wire for the Front is coming along we'd just like to check whether you are in fact indigenous'.

Notachipanoaktree

I'm quite liking the Pride march each year now as it seems to startle some quare birds indeed from out of the marshes.

Exactly the sort of foaming social reactionaries I have always disliked in Ireland. Oh for a Beretta over-and-under as they flap past squawking angrily at being disturbed from their nests in the marshes.
So in short. You seek to annoy and do in fact annoy.

Wonderful philosophy. how very lesbian of you. I do not include the gay guys because I consider then to be the result of abused boys. The lesbians on the other hand are hard core contrarians and highly organised. Unemployed nuns in fact.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
So in short. You seek to annoy and do in fact annoy.

Wonderful philosophy. how very lesbian of you. I do not include the gay guys because I consider then to be the result of abused boys. The lesbians on the other hand are hard core contrarians and highly organised.
a grand bunch of lads all the same.

Notachipanoaktree

'Hello. Before my friends and I in Panzergruppe Neiner order our pot of tea and bring our meeting to order on how the knitting of barbed wire for the Front is coming along we'd just like to check whether you are in fact indigenous'.
Over one hundred and fifty cafes in Dun Laoghaire only one has any Irish staff.

redhead

petunia

New Threads

Most Replies