• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Trolls of p.ie beware

Northtipp

An interesting twist on the media medium of twitter. It , like other forums such as p.ie are regularly used by anonymous cowardly trolls to sling abuse at individuals. This little story involves a tweeter who abused a British boxer on twitter. The boxer took matters in to his own hands. He used twitter to find out the trolls address, duely arrived to sort matters out and thereafter said troll was forced to apologise.

So , trolls of p.ie beware, you never know who's at your door. :)

VIDEO: Twitter troll says sorry to boxer Woodhouse | BreakingNews.ie

constitutionus

the lad clearly watched "jay and silent bob strike back!"

:D

cathalbrugha

Two threads in one day pointing fingers at trolls?

What's the world coming to eh?

Big Brotha's watching?

Trust Nobody?

Everyone has an Agenda?

I'd be terrified to meet anyone who posts here in real life.. But I'd love to be a fly on the wall if ye ever got together for a hooley..

Spotty teens aside, I honestly believe that there's a bit of bad in the best of us, and a bit of good in the worst of us.. Imo, Pie is different to Twitter because you get to debate with people more.. But you've got to be a bit tapped in the head, at some level to stay here for too long..

I know I've personally wrecked a number of peoples heads on occassion, and I'll hold my hands up to that.. I wrongly accused one poster one day, DQ, of something he wasn't actually guilty of, it was simply a case of mistaken Identity.. Shít happens.. I sent him a like or two afterwards, which was my way of apolagizing.. As I've said Shít happens.. Sin, Sin ..

oggy

Isnt trolling the whole idea of sites such as this ? The word trolling has got a bad name because lazy people failed to come up with a word that covers a range of headbangers or should I say people who shhiiittsttir with malice

RahenyFG

An interesting twist on the media medium of twitter. It , like other forums such as p.ie are regularly used by anonymous cowardly trolls to sling abuse at individuals. This little story involves a tweeter who abused a British boxer on twitter. The boxer took matters in to his own hands. He used twitter to find out the trolls address, duely arrived to sort matters out and thereafter said troll was forced to apologise.

So , trolls of p.ie beware, you never know who's at your door. :)

VIDEO: Twitter troll says sorry to boxer Woodhouse | BreakingNews.ie
Many eejits here I'd love to see get a haymaker for their trolling.