Trouble at Mill for Noirin

greengoose2

A recently retired assistant commissioner accused Garda Commissioner Noirin O'Sullivan of trying to "humiliate and belittle him" before he left the force, the Sunday Independent can reveal.
Her ladyship seems to be a nasty piece of goods! So even she is into feuding. What a mess this one has been.

This one is telling:
A Garda spokesman said: "An Garda Siochana do not comment on correspondence received by The Garda Commissioner."
The article is a good read and clearly illustrates that the rot in the Garda Siochana is at the top to begin with.
I wonder will our less that excellent r, relevant minister have something to say on this new piece of comedy goild?

VHF

Or maybe it's a male dominated senior ranks inability to embrace social diversity in the force?

Boy M5

I think the rot predates O'Sullivan & goes back generations.
She is the product of it.
It is the culture of AGS & it needs changing.
She is seemingly not a leader & is incapable of delivering the required change - even if she, FitzGerald (what has she ever done in her life? ) & the inane weak & vain Kenny wanted to change it.

greengoose2

I think the rot predates O'Sullivan & goes back generations.
It probably does but Noirin is showing a particularly nasty streak and it's rather too obvious.

The comment below is of Napoleonic proportion:

It is understood O'Sullivan responded to Byrne, telling him that under the law it is the Garda Commissioner's prerogative to decide where her assistant commissioners should be stationed.
Let's see hw this one pans out.

Boy M5

It probably does but Noirin is showing a particularly nasty streak and it's rather too obvious.

That is shocking.

Sooner she is defenestrated the better.

I'll access one of the many tens of thousands of free (bulk) copies of the Sindo later - and look at the story.

eoghanacht

Or maybe it's a male dominated senior ranks inability to embrace social diversity in the force?
Ah, yeah that's it the same lads who colluded with Kieran Boylan the heroin importer, his sister shopped him to the guards, who didn't arrest him, they just notified him so he could make threats to her and her partners life.

Or the ones that nailed a rat to Maurice McCabes front door to intimidate him and his family.

All done because of their "inability to accept the social diversity of the force".

Are you aware of anything that's gone on with regards to whistle blowers, the threats and intimidation that they have been subject to all under the guidance of Norin?

Orbit v2

Napoleonic? As the article points out, it's just a fact. It is the commissioner's prerogative.

Maybe, we just have a bunch of malcontents who don't like the idea of reporting to a woman.

PeaceGoalie

Noirin O'Sullivan's Wedding

When Mick Wallace asked Noirin O'Sullivan if she promoted her bridesmaid, O'Sullivan said she had no bridesmaid. Does anyone know where and when she married Jim McGowan and if there were any female Gardai mates of hers at the wedding and, if so, what role did they play at it. The answers to those questions may well rid us of the wicked witch.

Prester Jim

When Mick Wallace asked Noirin O'Sullivan if she promoted her bridesmaid, O'Sullivan said she had no bridesmaid. Does anyone know where and when she married Jim McGowan and if there were any female Gardai mates of hers at the wedding and, if so, what role did they play at it. The answers to those questions may well rid us of the wicked witch.
It was her matron of honour not her bridesmaid, a technicality worthy of a dodgy solicitor. Noirin is at the apex of a corrupt, cronyism culture in the officer class of AGS. She perpetuates that culture and allegedly has a very negative view of whistleblowers and righteous cops who stand against that culture.
Who knows what the story is in this particular case, that assistant commissioner rose through the same system Noirin did, in view of all the stuff revealed by whistleblowers and even more revealing, the reaction of AGS to whistleblower, I look on all the ranks above sergeant with deep suspicion. Who are their patrons? What favours did they do and promise to do to get to that level in such a corrupt institution? Is there any evidence of competence or are they at the top purely due to their network and patronage?

Half Nelson

It was her matron of honour not her bridesmaid, a technicality worthy of a dodgy solicitor. Noirin is at the apex of a corrupt, cronyism culture in the officer class of AGS. She perpetuates that culture and allegedly has a very negative view of whistleblowers and righteous cops who stand against that culture.
Who knows what the story is in this particular case, that assistant commissioner rose through the same system Noirin did, in view of all the stuff revealed by whistleblowers and even more revealing, the reaction of AGS to whistleblower, I look on all the ranks above sergeant with deep suspicion. Who are their patrons? What favours did they do and promise to do to get to that level in such a corrupt institution? Is there any evidence of competence or are they at the top purely due to their network and patronage?
I'm open to correction, but I believe the matron of honour is the chief or head bridesmaid.

Prester Jim

I'm open to correction, but I believe the matron of honour is the chief or head bridesmaid.
She would argue that matron is a married woman maid is unmarried, in my opinion it is the next thing to a lie (wouldn't even credit her and say Jesuitical) but Wallace was too inexact in his questioning and let her away with it. Mick Wallace is not the greatest interrogator ever, a terrible pity that he is one of the only politicians doing his job with any sort of honour and diligence.
You have to say though that our TDs are generally not of the highest quality, they are mostly glorified hand-shake machines and smiling, self-interested eejits who won't rock whatever party's boat.

Half Nelson

She would argue that matron is a married woman maid is unmarried, in my opinion it is the next thing to a lie (wouldn't even credit her and say Jesuitical) but Wallace was too inexact in his questioning and let her away with it. Mick Wallace is not the greatest interrogator ever, a terrible pity that he is one of the only politicians doing his job with any sort of honour and diligence.
You have to say though that our TDs are generally not of the highest quality, they are mostly glorified hand-shake machines and smiling, self-interested eejits who won't rock whatever party's boat.
That won't hold water. Lots of bridesmaids are married.
A matron of honour is technically a bridesmaid.

NO'S is more familiar with technicalities than most. Imho, she was wrong and should now correct the record.

greengoose2

Napoleonic? As the article points out, it's just a fact. It is the commissioner's prerogative.

Maybe, we just have a bunch of malcontents who don't like the idea of reporting to a woman.
Ah the old misogyny defense.

Let's try again. The commissioner is appointed and she assigns her underlings as her prerogative. Who manipulates the puppet strings?

Prester Jim

That won't hold water. Lots of bridesmaids are married.
A matron of honour is technically a bridesmaid.

NO'S is more familiar with technicalities than most. Imho, she was wrong and should now correct the record.
She was wrong and she thought that if she gave a glib response to cover herself for a couple of minutes the media would be too inept and bound to the establishment to bother correcting her or following up.
She was right.

Half Nelson

She was wrong and she thought that if she gave a glib response to cover herself for a couple of minutes the media would be too inept and bound to the establishment to bother correcting her or following up.
She was right.
It's not too late for the media to follow this up.
Tbh, I was sure somebody (women?) would pull her up on this and light up Joe's switchboard.

Have Irish women learned nothing from all those years of Hello?

Orbit v2

If that's true, then it was a pretty misleading response. She should have confronted it head on. Two guards getting married, there's bound to be colleagues at the wedding and it's not beyond the realm of possibility that some of them might get promoted.

Orbit v2

Ah the old misogyny defense.
There's as much evidence for it as your OP
greengoose2 said:
Her ladyship seems to be a nasty piece of goods! So even she is into feuding. What a mess this one has been.
Just because there is "feuding" per se, it doesn't follow that it is her fault, or that she is "a nasty piece of goods".

Sister Mercedes

A Justice system run entirely by women hasn't turned out as wonderful as we were all told it would.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies