• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Trouble at Plaid Cymru Mill as AM arrested for drunken driving; has to be reshuffled.

commonman

If she was in this country she would get off there would not be a word about it , we only do working class people over here.

factual

If she was in this country she would get off there would not be a word about it , we only do working class people over here.
Interesting point, given that PC is the nearest thing Wales has to FF, and that FF would certainly not get arrested for it!

factual

Is it true about the stickies selling guns to the Free Welsh Army ?
It could be. Interestingly, the FWA seems to be holding a lot of ceremonies in Wales recently and turning up to events that PC members and politicans are also present at.

Cai

Anyone heard of the Lib Dem AM who got blind drunk, fell over & landed in court for attacking the NHS staff who were sorting him out?

Or what about the one about the ex Welsh Tory leader who turned up at the Assembly to engage in a drunken rant criticising his successor?

Or how about the married 71 year old Labour AM who got plastered, picked up a woman & took her to the 5 star St David's Hotel in Cardiff Bay, before both were ordered to leave because of their obnoxious behaviour? The said septegenarian six weeks later attended two functions in the one day, collapsed & found himself in the neurological unit in the University Hospital, Cardiff, is far to unwell to attend the Assembly. His party has as a result lost their wafer thin majority in the Assembly, & found themselves having to barter with Plaid Cymru to get their budget passed.

No? I thought not, factual enjoys washing the dirty linen of nationalist parties in public, but stays mum about the far more numerous (& entertaining) indiscretions of unionist politicians.

factual

Anyone heard of the Lib Dem AM who got blind drunk, fell over & landed in court for attacking the NHS staff who were sorting him out?

Or what about the one about the ex Welsh Tory leader who turned up at the Assembly to engage in a drunken rant criticising his successor?

Or how about the married 71 year old Labour AM who got plastered, picked up a woman & took her to the 5 star St David's Hotel in Cardiff Bay, before both were ordered to leave because of their obnoxious behaviour? The said septegenarian six weeks later attended two functions in the one day, collapsed & found himself in the neurological unit in the University Hospital, Cardiff, is far to unwell to attend the Assembly. His party has as a result lost their wafer thin majority in the Assembly, & found themselves having to barter with Plaid Cymru to get their budget passed.

No? I thought not, factual enjoys washing the dirty linen of nationalist parties in public, but stays mum about the far more numerous (& entertaining) indiscretions of unionist politicians.
Whataboutery is alive and well in Wales I see.

Sinn Féin politicians are noted for sobriety - Neither Gerry Adams nor Martin McGuinness drink.

Hitch 22

She hangs out with Glyn Wise of Big Brother fame so her judgement should have been called into question long ago. He infamously masturbated on live TV.

Cai

Whataboutery is alive and well in Wales I see.

Sinn Féin politicians are noted for sobriety - Neither Gerry Adams nor Martin McGuinness drink.
Which is why Martin Ferris went to the media with a story of having got into his car after a couple of drinks before the last GE - he was under the limit though.

It isn't whataboutery. Political parties in Wales don't try to make political capital out of the personal problems of opponents. No other party has tried to take advantage of Bethan's position - in fact the leaders of the other parties have reacted with sympathy - the unfortunate woman has been battling depression for years.

It's just you who's trying to advance your warped unionist political views by harping on about people's personal problems. Welsh unionist politicians are far too decent to go down that road.

factual

Which is why Martin Ferris went to the media with a story of having got into his car after a couple of drinks before the last GE - he was under the limit though.

It isn't whataboutery. Political parties in Wales don't try to make political capital out of the personal problems of opponents. No other party has tried to take advantage of Bethan's position - in fact the leaders of the other parties have reacted with sympathy - the unfortunate woman has been battling depression for years.

It's just you who's trying to advance your warped unionist political views by harping on about people's personal problems. Welsh unionist politicians are far too decent to go down that road.
At a time when alcohol abuse is a real issue, and especially in terms of the dangers to life of drink driving, wouldn't you agree that politicians should set a good example?

ticketyboo

More trouble at Plaid mill as a young AM gets drunk and then gets in the car:

BBC News - Plaid Cymru AM Bethan Jenkins arrested for drink-driving

She has been reshuffled out of her "minister for fun" post, and suspended:

BBC News - Plaid Cymru mini-reshuffle after Bethan Jenkins arrest

Comment: many people die each year from drunk driving, so this constitutes a problem for PC , one it can ill afford.
Factual...this is pointless nonsense.
You do seem to use this "trouble at mill" thing a lot, if my recollection is good. In addition, you seem to have an issue with the nationalist movements in Britain. Why do you want independence for the island of Ireland, but deny it seemingly for Wales and Scotland?
People from all walks of life drink and drive, all races, sexes, political persuasion, sexual orientation, age groupings. Why is it a problem for Plaid Cymru particularly?
Reading on through the thread...Adams and McGuinness don't drink. As a Shinner myself, big fecking whoop. I know lots of them who could sleep on a clothes line after a night out...same for all political persuasions, etc.
I recall the TD for Donegal NE who was carried shoulder high from the election count after being convicted for driving up the wrong side of a dual carriageway. Doesn't hurt as much as you might think.

Cai

At a time when alcohol abuse is a real issue, and especially in terms of the dangers to life of drink driving, wouldn't you agree that politicians should set a good example?
jesus, nobody condones drunk driving. But it takes quite a wierdo to try to make political capital Out of a woman who's receiving professional help for depression ruining her career & possibly her life by driving home drunk.

You're pretty disgusting to be honest factual.

factual

jesus, nobody condones drunk driving. But it takes quite a wierdo to try to make political capital Out of a woman who's receiving professional help for depression ruining her career & possibly her life by driving home drunk.

You're pretty disgusting to be honest factual.
Cai. I had not realised she was suffering from depression. Depresion is a very serious condition that affects a very high proportion of people, and deserves a lot of understanding. It is an area that needs a lot more political attention, and research. It also needs to be better understood. I apologise for my earlier comments, as I would not want to be hard on anyone who is coping with depression.

Popular Threads

Most Replies