Trouble in Galway

Cruimh

This is not good -

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/galway-mosque-attacked-as-muslim-worshipers-pray

Close to 100 members of the Galway Masjid Maryam mosque were left terrified after rocks were thrown through the windows, during prayer on Monday evening.

Imam Ibrahim Ahmad Noonan says the building was vandalized, during Ramadan, as revenge for the London Islamic State attack on Saturday.

The attack on the Galway mosque took place at 11.20pm, as the community gathered for evening prayers breaking their daily fast during the holy period of Ramadan, when the mosque would be particularly busy. No one was injured.

The Galway mosque attack Imam Noonan said “Last night, during the time of prayer and actually as we prayed, rocks smashed through the windows.”
I don't know what the idiots throwing the stones thought they would achieve - but if this escalates there will be trouble.

Cellachán Chaisil

Disgusting. Especially considering the Ahmaddiya community suffer terribly at the hands of jihadists similar to the ones who attacked London.

bokuden

I hope the anti muslim hatemongers on this site are proud of themselves.

silverharp

it must have been frightening if they were in there at the time. They are the most peaceful sect within Islam , ironically they normally suffer at the hands of other Muslims, the Shopkeeper in Scotland being an example

razorblade

it must have been frightening if they were in there at the time. They are the most peaceful sect within Islam , ironically they normally suffer at the hands of other Muslims, the Shopkeeper in Scotland being an example
They arnt regarded as real muslims by the Sunnis.

eoghanacht

If I were the AGS I'd be looking at lads IP addresses here.

Cowardly ignorant dirt birds attacking people

Wascurito

Evil attack. Shame on those who did such a thing.

eoghanacht

elliebee

Did Pat Kenny not interview some guy this morning about this. I understood there was just one stone/rock thrown.

Really and truly we should be able to discuss these things openly. How are the people of Ireland to know who are the peaceful Muslims as opposed to the "not so peaceful" ones without frank and open debates.

An attack on Ahmadi Muslims is very very wrong IMHO.

raetsel

The bigoted yobs have been caught on camera, so hopefully they will be identified and prosecuted. It is not too surprising that they overlooked what ought to have been obvious though - religious bigotry and stupidity go hand in hand.

thelimit

Rocks landed inside as parents and children were there.
So no dirty bomb just the auld odd piece of rock not screws or bolts
Nasty bless their cotton sock

harden the fook up will ya ffs

bit of broken glass and a few stones mother a god !

Last edited:

ShoutingIsLeadership

Imagine the threads if some ******* had thrown rocks at a Catholic church

eoghanacht

So no dirty bomb just the auld odd piece of rock not screws or bolts
Nasty bless their cotton sock

harden the fook up will ya ffs

bit of broken glass and a few stones mother a god !
So you'd have no problem being in a building with your children as rocks came through the window.

I'm being stupid, firstly you would have to have kids and I suppose you'd get the worst of it as you'd be licking the windows.

eoghanacht

silverharp

Imagine the threads if some ******* had thrown rocks at a Catholic church
there was a church vandalised in Longford a while back and I remember quite a few funny comments about it, mixed reaction I'd imagine

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies