• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Trouble in the Áras? - Michael D. Loses Two "Key Advisers"

Skyrocket

Two "key advisers" have left their positions at Áras an Uachtaráin, the latest in a series of resignations that are reviving allegations of in-fighting and power struggles among Michael D. Higgins' confidantes.

The growing influence of Mr Higgins's executive assistant Kevin McCarthy, a more junior staff member who it had been suggested had better access to the President, was said to have contributed to tensions in the Áras.
All parties involved claim the departure was on amicable grounds.

President Higgins loses two key advisers at áras - Independent.ie

On the plus side, for any job seekers among you, President Higgins is currently recruiting a new "head of communications and information" as part of a "general restructuring of the Office of the President".

If he really likes you he may even breach the government pay cap for your salary as he did for another adviser!

enuffisenuff

I feel a poem coming on...

Henry94.

How many advisors does a rubber stamp need? For anything constitutional he has the Council of State. I'd suspect a lot of the in-fighting comes from the lack of anything else to do.

RobertW

Why does he need Advisors when he has the likes of very wise men like Bertie Ahern & Brian Cowen on the Council of State?

Plebian

It's just the way he is, he can't help but be short with people.

gatsbygirl20

The "advisers" probably do not find the Aras very challenging. One of those resigning has been there 11 years, some of that time spent advising McAleese obviously.

It's probably a stepping stone, something to have on your CV while you scan the horizon for a stimulating real job where you can use your brain....

I read a letter from Jackie Kennedy--a very bright woman educated at elite schools and the Sorbonne---to an old College friend of hers asking her to consider the job of assistant to her in the White House: "You would be perfect for the job. You know all about the correct placing of snuff boxes..."

And this woman was as educated as herself!

The boredom for bright, restless, ambitious people must be a killer.

The OD

''You made the right choice boys, that Michael D was a one term loser.....

Now you'll see real pow-ah....''

nwofg1

''You made the right choice boys, that Michael D was a one term loser.....

Now you'll see real pow-ah....''

That clown should not be there, Gay Mitchell was the best man for the job

Uh oooh

VincentVeritas

There isn't a person involved in media or politics in Dublin that doesn't know exactly what's going on here. We're unique as a country to keep things on the DL. Judging by this thread, there's one other poster who has it twigged also.

Odyessus

The "advisers" probably do not find the Aras very challenging. One of those resigning has been there 11 years, some of that time spent advising McAleese obviously.

It's probably a stepping stone, something to have on your CV while you scan the horizon for a stimulating real job where you can use your brain....

I read a letter from Jackie Kennedy--a very bright woman educated at elite schools and the Sorbonne---to an old College friend of hers asking her to consider the job of assistant to her in the White House: "You would be perfect for the job. You know all about the correct placing of snuff boxes..."

And this woman was as educated as herself!

The boredom for bright, restless, ambitious people must be a killer.
That's all very well, but do you realise how difficult it is to get people who know how to place one's snuff boxes correctly these days?

I'm at my wit's end.

NYCKY

There isn't a person involved in media or politics in Dublin that doesn't know exactly what's going on here. We're unique as a country to keep things on the DL. Judging by this thread, there's one other poster who has it twigged also.
Anyone with a splink of sense knows whats going on. I posted something on a similar thread before and it was removed because it could cause legal difficulties. It was a link to a Sindo article.

The Field Marshal

One advisor has the key to the locked cabinet containing the special high heel shoes.
The other advisor has the key to the cabinet containing the velvet cushion on which items are presented for inspection.

There is much gloom in the Aras at this but all lower level operatives were made fully aware of the consequences concerning any breach of the dress protocol so vital to the distinguished work performed by their excellencies.

Last edited:

Uh oooh

One advisor has the key to the locked cabinet containing the presidents special high heel shoes.
The other advisor has the key to the cabinet containing the velvet cushion on which these items are daily presented to his excellency.

Having mislaid the keys both advisors sadly had to be dismissed.

There is much gloom in the Aras at this but all lower level operatives were made fully aware of the consequences concerning any breach of the dress protocol so vital to the distinguished work performed by his excellency.

Who lost the key to the presidedts pubic engagement box

gatsbygirl20

That's all very well, but do you realise how difficult it is to get people who know how to place one's snuff boxes correctly these days?

I'm at my wit's end.
And all that skill for a mere 103k. We need to get realistic here. There is an international market for our snuff-box placers, and we just can't compete.

The OD

That clown should not be there, Gay Mitchell was the best man for the job
Gay Mitchell was running for a fictional White House against Frank Underwood!

Who knew.....:shock:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies