Votes: 44 28.8%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 92 60.1%
  • It was a tie

Votes: 17 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYCKY

The second Presidential debate is set for tonight in Washington University of St Louis Missouri. This will be the fourth time the college has hosted a Presidential debate (more than any other college), it also hosted debates in 1992, 2000 and 2004 as well as the Vice Presidential debate between Joe Biden and Sarah Palin in 2008.

The debate will be a town hall setting for 90 minutes (no breaks) with half of the questions coming from the audience and the other half from the moderators, Martha Raddatz of ABC and Anderson Cooper of CNN. Raddatz moderated the Vice Presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan in 2012 and Cooper has never moderated a general election debate, though he has moderated some primary debates.

Debate viewership tends to decrease over the course of the debates. While the first Presidential debate was the most watched ever, the Vice Presidential debate was the lowest watched since 2000. Clearly, a lot has happened since the first debate, which was less than two weeks ago and it remains to be seen what kind of impact recent revelations will have on viewership.

After last week revelations, the Wikileaks Clinton material, and the Access Hollywood Trump material, the stakes are higher than ever. The Clinton material was completely overshadowed by the Trump material and the RNC will be watching nervously. After Trumps poor showing in the first debate and the leak of the taped remarks, he will be under pressure to deliver a strong performance. A weak performance from Trump could see him lose more party support and even for the RNC to divert resources away from him and to saving the House and Senate majorities.

Here is a look at some highlights of previous debates. Tonight’s debate might add a few more moments to this clip.

[video=youtube;KQrxsh1HQCs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQrxsh1HQCs[/video]

Last edited:

GDPR

Why are you starting a new thread? The title of your earlier thread was supposed to cover all the debates.

And you are starting it too late, as a *lot* of relevant stuff is on the general debate thread. :evil:

USER1234

Looking forward to it!

Here are some offical live streams

[video=youtube;FRlI2SQ0Ueg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRlI2SQ0Ueg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;ooShpws3Dik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooShpws3Dik&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;gTY_pzHZNJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTY_pzHZNJ0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

Mr Aphorisms

Twitter
crimesofbrits
OMFG! Trump has some of Bill Clinton's victims with him and just did a brief press conference with him, including the girl Hillary knew was raped as a 12 year old, but laughed about it whilst defending the rapist. Watching it on CNN now.

This debate is going to be ************************************g vicious. Jesus Christ like.

And CNN just saying now, they'll be in the debate hall.

D

Deleted member 48908

I'll be watching the Packers/Giants game, but intend to second screen this thread. Y'all keep me informed. :)

livingstone

Don't think going after BILL Clinton will work for Trump.
Especially in a town hall.

At every point in the past 30 years that Bill's activities have come up, Hillary has been viewed sympathetically. These are not new allegations, neither against Bill nor against Hillary. If they didn't work at any point in the last thirty years in making Hillary be blamed for the actions or alleged actions of her husband, I'm not sure why Trump thinks it would work now.

But then again, he may just think he has nothing to lose.

sadcitizen

Is Trump holding a press conference with Clinton's alleged rape victims? No channels are showing the audio.

USER1234

OMFG! Trump has some of Bill Clinton's victims with him and just did a brief press conference with him, including the girl Hillary knew was raped as a 12 year old, but laughed about it whilst defending the rapist. Watching it on CNN now.

This debate is going to be ************************************g vicious. Jesus Christ like.

And CNN just saying now, they'll be in the debate hall.
You mean the guy who was her client and she had a ethical and legal duty to defend to the best of her ability? all trump is doing is using the girl, nothing more!

Betson

Will Clinton shake Trump's hand tonight? some speculation she will not. But I thing she will.

livingstone

Will Clinton shake Trump's hand tonight? some speculation she will not. But I thing she will.
It's a tough call. I wouldn't blame her for not doing so. But I suspect she will because she won't want the story to be about a handshake.

D

Deleted member 48908

Why are you starting a new thread? The title of your earlier thread was supposed to cover all the debates.

And you are starting it too late, as a *lot* of relevant stuff is on the general debate thread. :evil:
A week is a long time in politics.

D

Deleted member 48908

It's a tough call. I wouldn't blame her for not doing so. But I suspect she will because she won't want the story to be about a handshake.
Yeah, I think she does too. It could (should) be a case of giving him enough rope. When he starts rambling on is when he goes off script and digs the hole even deeper.

Betson

Why ? Hillary knows all about what he does , she just doesn't like him getting caught ,she is a dyke and an enabler
I don't think Trump can do anything to turn this around but the last thing he wants is a back and forth all night about sex scandals.

What he needs to do is give a full apology and try and sound as sincere as possible and then he needs to try and move the debate on to other things such as Free Trade , Wall Street etc etc so as he can bring up Wikileaks etc etc.

If this debate gets bogged down all night comparing who behaved worse between Bill Clinton and Trump then Trump has lost again spectacularly.

New Threads

Most Replies