Trump Appreciation Thread-It's Time

ruman

For a start assuming you are talking about US Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner's intervention to prevent the write-off, he did Ireland a favour, though that was obviously not his first concern. Better to honour your debts than renege. It would be much more humiliating for Irish people in the long run, had their government defaulted. Anyway if you think a Trump led administration would have acted differently then that is just naive.
You are correct that it makes little difference to people in Ireland as to who is USA president of course, but it makes a big difference to the lives of other people. Trump's attitude to minorities stinks to high heaven. He harms the lives of people who are poor and powerless. He enthusiastically encourages extreme-right white nationalist bigotry within his own country and mitigates their criminal violence Obviously you find that acceptable. I don't.
" better to honour YOUR debts then renege". Thing is they were bank debts nothing to do with the Irish people. As to how Trump MAY have acted again we are into speculation , all we can say with certainty is that the Obama administration vetoed the write off of Irish bank debt.

US unemployment for hispanics just hit a record low while unemployment for african americans hit a record low last year. One could argue that Trump may well be the best President minorities have ever had!! Democrats prefer to create a culture of dependency of course.

Unfortunately the Democrats are so racist that they do not believe minorities capable of excelling based on merit. As a result they like to introduce quotas, the main effect of which is to lower standards for minorities and condemn them to a live of dependence. Contrast the ongoing success of Asians who are actively discriminated against by the college admissions system with the experience of African americans who supposedly benefit from " positive disrimination" but continue to underperform.

Last edited:

raetsel

" better to honour YOUR debts then renege". Thing is they were bank debts nothing to do with the Irish people. As to how Trump MAY have acted again we are into speculation , all we can say with certainty is that the Obama administration vetoed the write off of Irish bank debt.
Are you claiming that the Irish banks who incurred these massive liabilities weren't regulated by the Irish government, weren't owned, run, and staffed by Irish people, or that the bad loans they created weren't owed by Irish people? The massive surge in property lending in Ireland in the early "noughties" was fuelled by a democratically elected Irish government tax incentives which feverishly encouraged property investment. Irish people voted for that. They own that problem - nobody else. Take responsibility and stop expecting that you have the right to dump the problem onto others.

US unemployment for hispanics just hit a record low while unemployment for african americans hit a record low last year. One could argue that Trump may well be the best President minorities have ever had!! Democrats prefer to create a culture of dependency of course.
And still you'd probably like me to believe that you are a neutral observer! :ROFLMAO:
You conveniently forget that the last recession occurred under a Republican president and that a Democrat president took the necessary measures to turn things around. Trump inherited that improving economy.
The idea that Trump is not a racist bigot because current unemployment rates for minorities is idiotic by the way. When a politician winds up people on the US right by accusing Mexicans of being rapists to play into the fears of poor, uneducated white people, it is undeniably a form of bigotry.

ruman

Are you claiming that the Irish banks who incurred these massive liabilities weren't regulated by the Irish government, weren't owned, run, and staffed by Irish people, or that the bad loans they created weren't owed by Irish people? The massive surge in property lending in Ireland in the early "noughties" was fuelled by a democratically elected Irish government tax incentives which feverishly encouraged property investment. Irish people voted for that. They own that problem - nobody else. Take responsibility and stop expecting that you have the right to dump the problem onto others.

And still you'd probably like me to believe that you are a neutral observer! :ROFLMAO:
You conveniently forget that the last recession occurred under a Republican president and that a Democrat president took the necessary measures to turn things around. Trump inherited that improving economy.
The idea that Trump is not a racist bigot because current unemployment rates for minorities is idiotic by the way. When a politician winds up people on the US right by accusing Mexicans of being rapists to play into the fears of poor, uneducated white people, it is undeniably a form of bigotry.
No of course i'm not claiming that! International banks lent recklessly to irish banks to lend recklessly to irish people. International banks should have paid the price for their reckless lending but the Obama administration vetoed that and you and i are paying additional taxation as a result.

Trumps no more right wing than Hillary is left wing. He's Bill Clintons old golf buddy and a democrat up until recently.

Of course Trumps taking credit for good results that most likely have little to do with him, he's a politician thats what they do. Blame bad results on other , take credit for good results.
Do you think Hillary would act differently?

On that note would you ascribe any blame for the last recession to economic decisions taken by Alan Greenspan under Bill Clinton?
Certainly granting credit to Obama for the current economic boom whilst failing to attribute any blame to Bill Clinton for the previous recession seems a tad hypocritical. The root cause of that recession can be traced back to Clinton. I'd probably concur that Obamas decisions are a factor in the current economic upturn. You see i dont go in for simplustic democrat good , republican bad.

Incidentally deportations reached record numbers under Obama and have declined under Trump. As the Australia govt discovered tough rhetoric on immigration disuades people making dangerous journeys and saves lifes. Merkel failed to learn from that and her political career has died as a result.

He didnt accuse " mexicans of being rapists" incidentally that is a simplistic half truth. Please dont use the word " undeniably" to try and justify your OPINION. Thank you.

Last edited:

raetsel

No of course i'm not claiming that! International banks lent recklessly to irish banks to lend recklessly to irish people. International banks should have paid the price for their reckless lending but the Obama administration vetoed that and you and i are paying additional taxation as a result.
The Irish government had the option of defaulting and quite rightly took responsibility for its own failings. Blaming the US administration for that is ridiculous.

Trumps no more right wing than Hillary is left wing. He's Bill Clintons old golf buddy and a democrat up until recently.

Of course Trumps taking credit for good results that most likely have little to do with him, he's a politician thats what they do. Blame bad results on other , take credit for good results.
Do you think Hillary would act differently?

On that note would you ascribe any blame for the last recession to economic decisions taken by Alan Greenspan under Bill Clinton?
Certainly granting credit to Obama for the current economic boom whilst failing to attribute any blame to Bill Clinton for the previous recession seems a tad hypocritical. The root cause of that recession can be traced back to Clinton. I'd probably concur that Obamas decisions are a factor in the current economic upturn. You see i dont go in for simplustic democrat good , republican bad.
If anything the roots of the economic crash during the latter Bush years have their roots in the Reagan presidency of the 1980s. That is when the trend for light touch financial regulations took hold.

Incidentally deportations reached record numbers under Obama and have declined under Trump. As the Australia govt discovered tough rhetoric on immigration disuades people making dangerous journeys and saves lifes. Merkel failed to learn from that and her political career has died as a result.
Merkel didn't create the migrant crisis. Bush Jnr. carries most responsibility for that problem. Trump's climate policies are actually helping to perpetuate it. Merkel responded to it humanely as any decent world leader would. She will be remembered positively for that, long after the miserable deplorables who constantly whine about it are long dead and forgotten.

He didnt accuse " mexicans of being rapists" incidentally that is a simplistic half truth. Please dont use the word " undeniably" to try and justify your OPINION. Thank you.
please give over with the pedantry. Thank you. :)

ruman

The Irish government had the option of defaulting and quite rightly took responsibility for its own failings. Blaming the US administration for that is ridiculous.

If anything the roots of the economic crash during the latter Bush years have their roots in the Reagan presidency of the 1980s. That is when the trend for light touch financial regulations took hold.

Merkel didn't create the migrant crisis. Bush Jnr. carries most responsibility for that problem. Trump's climate policies are actually helping to perpetuate it. Merkel responded to it humanely as any decent world leader would. She will be remembered positively for that, long after the miserable deplorables who constantly whine about it are long dead and forgotten.

please give over with the pedantry. Thank you. :)
So your saying the recession was all Bush 2's fault the current boom is all due to Obama? okie dokie, you take care now!!

Last edited:

raetsel

So your saying the recession was all Bush 2's fault the current boom is all due to Obama? okie dokie!!!
Quite clearly I did not say that. I said that the roots of that recession went back to Reagan's time.

The Obama administration vetoed the write off of Irish bank debt, nothing Trump does will have a bigger adverse impact on the irish people.
The USA Treasury took the decision to protect American interests. It is utterly naive to believe that had it happened during Trump's watch they would have acted any differently.
Anyway, Irish banks took huge loans from international banks, to fund a property bubble, fuelled by the policies of an Irish government democratically elected by Irish voters. Irish people caused to problem. Expecting others to take the hit is hopelessly immature.

The people responsible for the migrant crisis are the leaders in the countries people were migrating from.
Migration is happening primarily for 2 reasons, war and climate change.
The three countries which provided the largest numbers of migrants during the 2015/16 crisis were Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. Western powers have been causing warfare and mass civil unrest in all three for years now. Furthermore Trump is actively taking steps to create further global warming which will inevitable create even more refugees.

owedtojoy

So your saying the recession was all Bush 2's fault the current boom is all due to Obama? okie dokie, you take care now!!
Well, it is not rocket science, but let me explain it to you.
  • Clinton Presidency 1992 - 2000: Left the economny in great shape, with a budget surplus.
  • Bush Presidency 2000 - 2008 Left the economy in shyte, with a massive deficit.
  • Obama Presidency 2008 - 2016, Economy Recovery, left the economy in good shape, deficit reduced.
  • Trump Presidency: 2016 - , Continued with a good economy, Deficit blown to f**k again, Trade War with China, what will happen is anyone's guess.
There, hope you get it now.

owedtojoy

According to the claims Trump submits to the American Golf Association, at age 72 he is among the Top 4% of American Amateur Golfers, of which there must be millions.

Does anyone really believe that?

[His claim is] no more plausible than if he claimed to have dunked a basketball on a regulation rim or to have run a marathon in two and a half hours.

The media do not report this as a lie, but with a quizzical "Is this true? On the one hand ... on the other hard ..." air that is in many ways worse than simply pretending it is true.

ruman

According to the claims Trump submits to the American Golf Association, at age 72 he is among the Top 4% of American Amateur Golfers, of which there must be millions.

Does anyone really believe that?

The media do not report this as a lie, but with a quizzical "Is this true? On the one hand ... on the other hard ..." air that is in many ways worse than simply pretending it is true.
Does anyone care? Anyone ? Anyone?

ruman

Well, it is not rocket science, but let me explain it to you.
  • Clinton Presidency 1992 - 2000: Left the economny in great shape, with a budget surplus.
  • Bush Presidency 2000 - 2008 Left the economy in shyte, with a massive deficit.
  • Obama Presidency 2008 - 2016, Economy Recovery, left the economy in good shape, deficit reduced.
  • Trump Presidency: 2016 - , Continued with a good economy, Deficit blown to f**k again, Trade War with China, what will happen is anyone's guess.
There, hope you get it now.
I'm a bit slow oh wise one but what i think you're saying is that decisions taken in one presidential term have no impact on the econony in subsequent presidential terms? Thanks for clearing that up 4 me.

I could mention Glass Steagall ( or the Commodity Futures Modernisation Act) but i fear it would be wasted.

Anyway keep monitoring Trumps golf scores, could be decisive in 2020.

Last edited:

caledhel

Looks like Trump is articulating something that resonates with the American public. I remember watching an Independence Day parade in Jersey and was struck by a police officer freely standing tall in perfect salute as the Veterans float and the flag passed by.

A small thing that I've remembered that impressed me at the time. I knew a Coast Guard enlisted member too, in his second job, and he was cool in a buttoned up way. Someone you could rely on to do right by you not because of some penalty but because he valued his dignity and right action.

It's the celebration of service that Americans admire and cheer when their armed forces parade. That's something we do too. You know they really are good people, I like them anyway. That generation that drafted the Constitution put in a good shift.

Ressentiment may scratch the itch of bitterness but it don't build rockets to the moon and it always ends in a material, moral, imaginative and spiritual wasteland. Those that can't, cheat and murder.

Pyewacket

Laughing my ass off at this crazy old f*uck bumbling on about the American revolutionaries in 1776 "taking over the airports".

ruman

Americans are generally very patriotic and have the upmost respect for the military. It's difficult for the Irish to understand this particularly given for most of them all their interactions with the US are the coastal urban areas. Hence the usual sneering from the " intellectual idiots".

Good move by Trump seems to have gone down well with Republicans and swing voters. Belatedly happy 4th to all, god bless America.

amsterdemmetje

Americans are generally very patriotic and have the upmost respect for the military. It's difficult for the Irish to understand this particularly given for most of them all their interactions with the US are the coastal urban areas. Hence the usual sneering from the " intellectual idiots".

Good move by Trump seems to have gone down well with Republicans and swing voters. Belatedly happy 4th to all, god bless America.
And God bless forever those proud patriots in the Continental Airforce of the 1770s.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies