Trump branded "oafish and selfish" by grieving mother in diplomatic immunity case.

Clanrickard

so you think some of those posting hateful shyte on the internet aren't affiliated with far right politics or groups, that its beyond the bounds of possibility, that's what you are saying?.My point was the poster in question certainly is a far right gormless goon .
Maybe he is but what his politics got to do with the OP? This thread is about a specific incident outside of politics.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It is a strange thing to ask of grieving parents. 'What monetary value do you place on your son's life?'

Funnily enough it is closer to Brehon law around recompense and restitution than it is to the Anglo-Saxon/Norman form of law. I know there are compensation principles in the latter form of law but it was much more codified I understand in Brehon law.

The 'blood price' for a lost son would be pretty high in either system I think. But it really wasn't decent to misunderstand the parent's needs and grief in that mercenary way to their faces so soon after the death of their boy.

It might be a cultural thing, I recognise. Americans can be very blunt around deal-making as it is part of the weft and weave to their culture and I've seen plenty of that in my working life. There are times when it can look a bit oafish and it certainly does in this case.

raetsel

It would be sad if this was partly about getting the insurance money.
Whats the story if there is no court case, is no blame officially assigned?
A silly point to make and quite baseless, and, frankly a downright nasty and pointless piece of speculation.
Any insurance claim would be made against her insurers, and any legal action needed would be pursued through the civil courts, where the balance of probabilities is the measure used. And we already can easily guess which way the balance tips in this case.

Clanrickard

Popular Threads

Most Replies