Trump claims Ireland is about to drop its Corporation tax to 8%

Munnkeyman

About a minute and 20 seconds in...

[video=youtube;IVVBMvpHnyQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVVBMvpHnyQ[/video]

Man or Mouse

Aquilius

So it's true that Trump said it during a meeting with the press alongside Mitch McConnell, but it is however seemingly untrue that such a move is to be undertaken by the Irish government.

However I would be in favour of such a reduction and would advocate for it to be even lower. Roughly around the 5% mark, but this of course would come with strings attached.

Odyessus

The thread title is fake news. Trump didn't claim Ireland is about to drop its corporate tax rate to 8%. He said that's what he'd heard. I guess he hears a lot of things.

an innocent abroad

US President the Donald claims that Ireland will drop its corporation tax to 8%. If he is correct then it seems that Pascal O'Donnoghue misled the Dáil last week in the budget. Is The Donald right for once or is this more of his fake news?

Donald Trump says 'he hears' Ireland is about to drop its corporation tax rate to 8%
The guy is a fxxxxxg deranged pathological liar..This was just one of the many lies he spoke today.

A lunatic, psychology of a complete deranged lunatic.

This was just one of the many lies he spoke today, this piece of crap speaks only one language.
Pathological lying!

an innocent abroad

The thread title is fake news. Trump didn't claim Ireland is about to drop its corporate tax rate to 8%. He said that's what he'd heard. I guess he hears a lot of things.
Yea, after he was called out about lying about former presidents not contacting members of Gold Star families, he also said that's what he was told.

Well it's about time he got those ghosts to come out and claim responsibility.

SamsonS

Yea, after he was called out about lying about former presidents not contacting members of Gold Star families, he also said that's what he was told.

Well it's about time he got those ghosts to come out and claim responsibility.
Do you remember your mammy saying "and if Jimmy told you to jump off a cliff....."

Trainwreck

If he was speaking with someone from the European Commission, or Angela Merkel, he could well be telling the truth. I can fully believe they have been telling people our corporation tax wheeze is on the way out.

The Field Marshal

US President the Donald claims that Ireland will drop its corporation tax to 8%. If he is correct then it seems that Pascal O'Donnoghue misled the Dáil last week in the budget. Is The Donald right for once or is this more of his fake news?

Donald Trump says 'he hears' Ireland is about to drop its corporation tax rate to 8%
On the 8th of October last on the thread http://www.politics.ie/forum/brexit/259603-comprehensive-revenue-report-says-post-brexit-open-border-impossible.html I proposed a drop in corporation tax to 8 %

Post no 5.on the above link.
The solution is to reduce corporation tax to 8% and to present the EU with its marching orders.

That entity has robbed the country blind as billions of euro in fish have been stolen from Irish waters under the so calle common fisheries policy.
I suggest the OP be amended to include Mr Trumps real source.

It is clear that Mr Trump is following the Field Marshals political analysis and forecasting

Last edited:

The Field Marshal

If he was speaking with someone from the European Commission, or Angela Merkel, he could well be telling the truth. I can fully believe they have been telling people our corporation tax wheeze is on the way out.
Mr Trump was following the Field Marshals analysis and advice of 8th October last where I was the first to make this suggestion.
See above.post no 12.

[The Field Marshal having predicted Mr Trumps presidential victory now takes another bow.]

Last edited:

The Field Marshal

It's not fake news.
I made this suggestion on p.ie on 8th October. last.
Mr Trump clearly consults p.ie and the Field Marshals posts.

See above post no 12.

The Nal

Nice to be on the map! Bit of free advertising. Even if he is using it to bring in his own tax breaks.

'orebel

General Urko

Ye mean increase to 8%!
We cannot fart around with the headline level unless our Germanic Masters give us the nod!

General Urko

It's not fake news.
I made this suggestion on p.ie on 8th October. last.
Mr Trump clearly consults p.ie and the Field Marshals posts.

See above post no 12.
It's hardly a surprise that he would consult with people like you!:rolleyes:

Trainwreck

As if it matters a jot what our nominal corporation tax rate is:

Which multinational with "operations" in Ireland pays even 1% corporation tax?

Popular Threads

Most Replies