• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Trump Foreign Policy thread

owedtojoy

“We’re holding a gun to our own heads by doing this,” said Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas.
Trump is saying to Mexico: "Give in, or I will cut my dick off!"

Beachcomber

US strikes again, this time 17 Afghan policeman die

The average yank won't care.

Those police officers are as brown as the terrorist opposition.

Beachcomber

Trump has declared a national emergency to proceed with the Saudi arms sales, in defiance of Congress.

Warmonger Trump acts again.

O'Sullivan Bere

What war has he started? Libya ,,No that was Obama and Hillary I think, Syria Again I think Obama was involved , Iraq ..No, Afghanistan, No ,,,,
None the less, he's been involved in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq plus the Yemen conflict, uses drones, etc. Regardless of the rights and wrongs to be debated about it, he's not the non-interventionist he claimed to be.

O'Sullivan Bere

Well it won't be draft dodger Trump or woodentop Pence who will be doing the fighting. Nor members of their families.

As usual it will be the low-paid cannon fodder from the US underclass and working class.
Yep, nothing new there at all.

I always loved this scene from the Director's Cut of Gettysburg played brilliantly by Sam Elliot concerning General Buford's reaction to a piggish chickenhawk politician:

(from 1:37-2:25)

Buford nailed it perfectly about types like Trump there.

Last edited:

owedtojoy

What war has he started? Libya ,,No that was Obama and Hillary I think, Syria Again I think Obama was involved , Iraq ..No, Afghanistan, No ,,,,
You do not have to start a war, just keep them going.

In Yemen, casualties are approaching Iraq levels, and Trump keeps making sure the Saudis can just keep on slaughterin'

On Iran, you will have to be patient, but Trump, MBS and Netanyahu want regime change there, sooner or later.

owedtojoy

Yep, nothing new there at all.

I always loved this scene from the Director's Cut of Gettysburg played brilliantly by Sam Elliot concerning General Buford's reaction to a piggish chickenhawk politician:

(from 1:37-2:25)

Buford nailed it perfectly about types like Trump there.
Trump's Vice-President Mike Pence told a West Point class that they would "fight on a battlefield" for America. He mentioned Venezuela, Korea and the Indo-Pacific.

Many veterans are disgusted, as it means the "forever wars" started under Bush will continue under Trump.

(What is just as disgusting, if you play the video clip, are the Fox hosts positively salivating over the prospect of the heroic duo Pence and Trump, who made sure they were elsewhere when things got dangerous)

owedtojoy

Trump is prolonging one of the most savage and brutal wars in the world - the war of Saudi Arabia in Yemen.

He even declared a fake "emergency" to make sure his Saudi allies got the wherewithal to keep on slaughterin'.

At this point, Trump has ignored two Congressional resolutions, and one more may be on the way ....

owedtojoy

Libya is another place where Trump has confused American diplomacy, and seems to have actively encouraged one side to continue the war.

Trump has dropped support from the UN recognized Government in Libya, and switched to the "strongman" General Haftar, who is besieging Tripoli. Haftar will not accept a truce while he thinks he has an advantage.

At this point, no one is sure what US policy is.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies