• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Trump LGBT policy

Dadaist

Under Jeff Sessions the Justice Department have withdrawn guidance issued to schools on the treatment of transgender students, signaling that it would no longer consider their rights to be protected under a 1972 civil rights law.

The Department of Health and Human Services is now under Tom Price who has been openly opposed to gay rights as a senator, and whose civil rights office is now run by Roger Severino, who last year accused the Obama administration of attempting to 'coerce everyone, including children, into pledging allegiance to a radical new gender ideology'.

The incoming Secretary of the Army, Mark Green, replaces the openly gay Eric Fanning who has advocated for transgender people to openly serve in the army. Mark Green last year called being transgender a disease.

Also, under the new admin the US Census Bureau has ditched plans to include questions about sexual orientation and gender identity in the 2020 Census.

edwin

This thread will track Trumps policies on LGBT issues. This reflects the interest in the subject by the Irish Left, who have accused the administration of homophobia because of Pence's 'Religious Freedom Act', which was watered down under pressure from corporations.

DOJ hosts Pride party honoring transgender student from bathroom case - Thehill.com
Isn't Donald Trump the first US President to be in favour of gay marriage prior to his election? By any objective viewpoint, he's tge most LGB friendly President ever elected.

Dadaist

Isn't Donald Trump the first US President to be in favour of gay marriage prior to his election? By any objective viewpoint, he's tge most LGB friendly President ever elected.
Don’t believe Trump’s spin. The war against same-sex marriage is just getting started - LA Times

In essence, the leaked document is an executive version of the First Amendment Defense Act — or HR 2802 — a national version of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act laws introduced in states like Indiana and Louisiana. The bill, which is co-sponsored by Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho) and Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), protects the moral convictions of anyone who believes “marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman.”

Dame_Enda

Don’t believe Trump’s spin. The war against same-sex marriage is just getting started - LA Times

In essence, the leaked document is an executive version of the First Amendment Defense Act — or HR 2802 — a national version of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act laws introduced in states like Indiana and Louisiana. The bill, which is co-sponsored by Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho) and Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), protects the moral convictions of anyone who believes “marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman.”
In practice though as long as Kennedy is on the court, public officials will likely still have to allow ssm. Its also encouraging that Justice Roberts has started referencing the Obergefell decision in recent rulings, which suggests he may be starting to accept it.

Dame_Enda

He didnt take a position during the campaign, and after election said he considered the issue over with. In previous years he went back and forth on the issue, having opposed it before the 2012 election. However when he was a Democrat he supported enshrining gay rights in the Constitution.

Congalltee

LGBT asylum seekers from the 6 travel ban countries have been thrown off a building by the Trump administration. It breaches international law, but Trump barely recognises US law.

GDPR

This thread will track Trumps policies on LGBT issues. This reflects the interest in the subject by the Irish Left, who have accused the administration of homophobia because of Pence's 'Religious Freedom Act', which was watered down under pressure from corporations.

DOJ hosts Pride party honoring transgender student from bathroom case - Thehill.com
You shouldn't use the term LGBT. A lot of Lesbians find it grossly offensive for them to be lumped in with the trannies and I would regard that as perfectly just.

amist4

He did take a position during the campaign. I watched him do so. Very clear.
You're ruining the fun. This thread wouldn't even exist if Clinton had been elected.

amist4

You shouldn't use the term LGBT. A lot of Lesbians find it grossly offensive for them to be lumped in with the trannies and I would regard that as perfectly just.
Good luck with that. Paedophiles used to openly march and organise with ILGA until they were literally blackmailed into dropping them by the Government promising to cut off their funds in a bill signed by Bill Clinton.

Banjo Baker

Ms Germaine Greer being the most vocal opponent.

I love when lefties turn on each other. :D

Dadaist

One of the problems now is that gay parent couples who adopt children are influencing those kids towards a gay lifestyle. I voted for marriage equality and was glad it passed and know one male gay married couple. All great, but children should be allow form their own sexuality. So we need to be careful.
Have you ever asked the gay couple you know how gay parents can 'influencing those kids towards a gay lifestyle'?

Which I presume you mean that by being around their parents and their friends that the children will be influenced 'their own sexuality'?

GDPR

Ms Germaine Greer being the most vocal opponent.

I love when lefties turn on each other. :D
Feminists hate trannies. I mean HATE.

The last time I was the phone to a Lesbian I'm friends with she was talking about her desire to beat them up. A lot of Lesbians have a problem with violence which is something that I share with them (I was a straight A student but nearly got expelled once over battering another girl).

amist4

Most of the posters on this thread are less mentally stable than Trump.
Do you need assistance finding an appropriate thread to virtue signal your riveting and highly original opinion of Trump?

toughbutfair

Transgender is made up nonsense (except for a tiny percentage of people born with genitalia of both gender )

a man dressed up as a woman is still a man.

toughbutfair

Isn't their a "Q" on the end of the list now. It seems to be growing every year. They shouldn't be pandered to.

PC Principle

LGBT asylum seekers from the 6 travel ban countries have been thrown off a building by the Trump administration. It breaches international law, but Trump barely recognises US law.
It's breaches no law you nutter.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies