Trump: Media, "it is enemy of the American people" .. undermining freedom of press (Second Thread)

Betson

The Washington post finally acknowledging they got the Covington story wrong , a bit last but I suppose better late than never , no doubt the pending lawsuit has encouraged them to correct the record.

The Washington Post has corrected its erroneous coverage of the confrontation between the boys from Covington Catholic and the activist Nathan Phillips at the Lincoln Memorial, two months after publishing the misleading story.

Admitting that "subsequent reporting, a student's statement and additional video" either contradicted or didn't support the initial story, the belated editors' note acknowledges the Covington boys did not taunt, provoke, or stand in the way of Phillips. It also removed a tweet quoting Phillips' claim that they did exactly that, in which the paper falsely refers to the Native American protester as a Vietnam veteran.
https://www.rt.com/usa/452810-wapo-offers-correction-covington-lawsuit/

constitutionus

amazing what a 250 million dollar law suit can do eh?

:D

raetsel

This incessant whinge, whinge, whinge by the far right about a left wing media bias is laughable considering that there was a legal obligation for US TV stations to maintain balance in news coverage until 1987, under the so-called Fairness Doctrine. The Fairness Doctrine was abolished as a consequence of Republican pressure during the Reagan presidency. The Democrat controlled Congress at the time tried to block the move throught the enactment of legislation but this was vetoed by Reagan. A further attempt to reintroduce the doctrine was again blocked by George Bush snr. in 1991.

FCC fairness doctrine - Wikipedia

Paddyc

Article is a joke. It stands alone and you know what you're getting with Fox. The difference between Fox and the rest of MSM abd the likes of CNN is the latter claim to be balanced-they're not
Fox News motto used to be "fair and balanced" but even they couldn't say that with a straight face anymore.

amsterdemmetje

Article is a joke. It stands alone and you know what you're getting with Fox. The difference between Fox and the rest of MSM abd the likes of CNN is the latter claim to be balanced-they're not
Bet you never even read it, to long for the likes of you ,stick to to Infowars and the likes Milo the pedo to get your demented info.

Wagmore

Bet you never even read it, to long for the likes of you ,stick to to Infowars and the likes Milo the pedo to get your demented info.
More lies from Amps. Doesn't even care that he is continually exposed as a liar. OK, i'll play. One post where I support Milo the Pedo? Not going to happen. One post where I refer to "Milo the pedo tosser that I never took to." Eh ....that would be about 10. All adds to one thing--Amster incapable of truth. Yo Amster...this forum is called P.ie not Porkypie.

SeanieFitz

Wag's response is not surprising.

I thought it was a very informative, insightful and well researched piece. No doubt Trump is a dangerous and narcissistic man however Murdoch is as bad, if not worse.

Wagmore

I thought it was a very informative, insightful and well researched piece. No doubt Trump is a dangerous and narcissistic man however Murdoch is as bad, if not worse.
Read about half of it and got bored. Nothing new or nuanced about it. Will read the last bit but there was no sense they were going to be as hard on the rest of the MSM or the Clinton News Network aka CNN.

owedtojoy

Fox News had the Stormy Daniels story just before the 2016 election ...

... but killed it because "Rupert Murdoch wants Trump to win".

So the plutocrat Champion of the Little Guy was bailed out by another plutocrat who does not care if the Little Guy lives or dies.

But Falzone’s [Stormy Daniels] story didn’t run—it kept being passed off from one editor to the next. After getting one noncommittal answer after another from her editors, Falzone at last heard from LaCorte, who was then the head of FoxNews.com.

Falzone told colleagues that LaCorte said to her, “Good reporting, kiddo. But Rupert wants Donald Trump to win. So just let it go.”

LaCorte denies telling Falzone this, but one of Falzone’s colleagues confirms having heard her account at the time.
The Making of the Fox News White House | The New Yorker

The world's second oldest profession

I think it can be said Murdoch and Fox News delivered for Trump - another eve-of-poll sex scandal would have hurt him, with incalculable results.

Wagmore

OK--read rest of article now and it's even worse than I suspected. Well written partisan bilge pretty much covers it. I laughed out loud at the bit where she said "most American networks adhere to the facts." Only a terminal bozo could write that line. There was unsubstantiated claptrap about getting a notice of Trump getting advance notice of a leading question in a presidential debate. Nothing proven, hearsay, while we know it actually happened with CNN and Clinton. As I say, nothing article. Fox has a case to answer but everyone knows it's got a pro-Trump bias. Nothing about the daily avalanche of anti -Trump hate deposited on a global audience. That is the elephant in the room here. Article reads like a forensic study on the quality of deckchairs on the Titanic that was published in the weeks after the iceberg hit. Complete waste of time

owedtojoy

OK--read rest of article now and it's even worse than I suspected. Well written partisan bilge pretty much covers it. I laughed out loud at the bit where she said "most American networks adhere to the facts." Only a terminal bozo could write that line. There was unsubstantiated claptrap about getting a notice of Trump getting advance notice of a leading question in a presidential debate. Nothing proven, hearsay, while we know it actually happened with CNN and Clinton. As I say, nothing article. Fox has a case to answer but everyone knows it's got a pro-Trump bias. Nothing about the daily avalanche of anti -Trump hate deposited on a global audience. That is the elephant in the room here. Article reads like a forensic study on the quality of deckchairs on the Titanic that was published in the weeks after the iceberg hit. Complete waste of time
Trump was screwing outside his marriage .... and then hawked Bill Clinton's old paramours around to illustrate his dedication to family values and picking up the "Christian values" vote.

And all the networks focused on the Horror of her e-mails! :eek2:

Hypocrisy and mendacity won out in 2016 ... the media betrayed America again, just like it had over the Iraq WMD in 2002. Witness the New York Times passing on a story about Trump's Russian connections. .... it can be left to the historians to pick it over.

owedtojoy

The utter insanity that was CPAC.

We were lectured about the United States constitution by the National Rifle Association’s president Ollie North (who better to lecture about the constitution than the guy who was indicted on 16 felony charges for his involvement with the Iran Contra scandal?) You may also remember the NRA has had some issues with receiving money from Russia, but don’t worry too much about that.

We were lectured about values by the president’s son, who is currently living with his girlfriend after reportedly cheating on the mother of his five children.

It’s possible that the most CPAC moment of CPAC came from the president of the United States, one Donald J Trump, who spoke for over two hours on wide range of completely nonsensical topics from wall-building to his electoral college win.
If the media were reporting Trump honestly, they would be reporting him as the deranged ranter he is, unmoored from reality.

I spent three days listening to a smouldering ash heap of Trumpian shills at CPAC. The GOP's future looks even worse than we thought | The Independent

Jack Walsh

The utter insanity that was CPAC.

If the media were reporting Trump honestly, they would be reporting him as the deranged ranter he is, unmoored from reality.

I spent three days listening to a smouldering ash heap of Trumpian shills at CPAC. The GOP's future looks even worse than we thought | The Independent
Russia (and China) must look at these events and find it hard to suppress their euphoria that this section of America is running the show.
In terms of a formidable adversary, this is the America they have dreamed about for 70 years
And make no mistake, Putin will do everything humanly possibly to keep this raving imbecile and his briandead cult following in control of the ball

amsterdemmetje

But Wag is a Jurno don't you know, i mean why wouldn't anyone one believe that, his use of language here is so profound as if it came from Trumps mouth itself brings tears to ones eyes . Im sure the New Yorker are headhunting him as we speak.

Wagmore

Trump was screwing outside his marriage .... and then hawked Bill Clinton's old paramours around to illustrate his dedication to family values and picking up the "Christian values" vote.

And all the networks focused on the Horror of her e-mails! :eek2:

Hypocrisy and mendacity won out in 2016 ... the media betrayed America again, just like it had over the Iraq WMD in 2002. Witness the New York Times passing on a story about Trump's Russian connections. .... it can be left to the historians to pick it over.
Get real for jayzuzzz sake. Outside of Fox, name one MSM outlet that could be described as mildly pro-Trump. Then think of outlets that are wildly anti-Trump---CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Irish Times, Washington Post, RTE, late night talj shows, Saturday Night Live. The list goes on....and on.....and yawn, sorry on.....

Wagmore

But Wag is a Jurno don't you know, i mean why wouldn't anyone one believe that, his use of language here is so profound as if it came from Trumps mouth itself brings tears to ones eyes . Im sure the New Yorker are headhunting him as we speak.
Was a "jurno.' And the spelling us "journo." It's called spellcheck Amps. Honestly, normally don't like drawing attention to a poster's cerebral limitations. It's just that Amster's stupidity is so aggressive and consistent. Sonetimes, you have to be cruel to be kind I guess.

SeanieFitz

It is a really good piece which highlights the fact that Murdoch is an extremely powerful, influential and dangerous man.

amsterdemmetje

It is a really good piece which highlights the fact that Murdoch is an extremely powerful, influential and dangerous man.
I read it very good indeed not that the likes of Waggy or Betson here would actually read that ,they would rather cover themselves in the scutter that Alex Jones vomits out or any other oul right wing mentalist.