Trump puts burden on Muslim countries to combat terrorism

L'Chaim

On a visit to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Donald Trump made a speech saying the fifty five Muslim countries must take the lead in combating radicalisation. "America is prepared to stand with you in pursuit of shared interests and common security. But nations of the Middle East cannot wait for American power to crush this enemy for them," Trump told leaders of 55 Muslim majority countries representing more than a billion people.

"The nations of the Middle East will have to decide what kind of future they want for themselves, for their countries and frankly for their families and for their children," he said.

"It's a choice between two futures and its a choice America cannot make for you. A better future is only possible if your nations drive out the terrorists and drive out the extremists.

"Drive them out! Drive them out of your places of worship. Drive them out of your communities. Drive them out of your holy land and drive them out of this earth," he said.

"The true toll of ISIS, al-Qaida, Hezbollah, Hamas, and so many others, must be counted not only in the number of dead. It must also be counted in generations of vanished dreams," the American president said in his speech

Now I'm not a fan of Trump, but I agree with all of what he said here. I especially agree with his classification of Hamas and hezbollah as terrorist groups, in the same vein as ISIS and al-Qaida.

IrishFreedom

Twitter
MitchfireMark
On a visit to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Donald Trump made a speech saying the fifty five Muslim countries must take the lead in combating radicalisation. "America is prepared to stand with you in pursuit of shared interests and common security. But nations of the Middle East cannot wait for American power to crush this enemy for them," Trump told leaders of 55 Muslim majority countries representing more than a billion people.

"The nations of the Middle East will have to decide what kind of future they want for themselves, for their countries and frankly for their families and for their children," he said.

"It's a choice between two futures and its a choice America cannot make for you. A better future is only possible if your nations drive out the terrorists and drive out the extremists.

"Drive them out! Drive them out of your places of worship. Drive them out of your communities. Drive them out of your holy land and drive them out of this earth," he said.

"The true toll of ISIS, al-Qaida, Hezbollah, Hamas, and so many others, must be counted not only in the number of dead. It must also be counted in generations of vanished dreams," the American president said in his speech

Now I'm not a fan of Trump, but I agree with all of what he said here. I especially agree with his classification of Hamas and hezbollah as terrorist groups, in the same vein as ISIS and al-Qaida.
I wouldn't trust the Saudis for a split second.

ne0ica

Was watching CNN today.

They were triggered because Trump or his team attended an all male concert.

Had to laugh because it was the very types who tend to lecture the rest of us about Islamophobia. Their culture, their rules, their country.

Telstar 62

It's absolutely outrageous that Trump would ask Muslims around the
world to shun terrorism.....:lol:

GDPR

I'm sure KSA will step up to the plate, now they have 500 billions worth of arms. That was all they needed to stamp out terrorism.

eoghanacht

Military industrial complex spokesperson visits country with appalling human rights record, that carries out more beheadings than ISIS, jails and tortures, apostates, gay's and pro democracy supporters to sign a billion dollar arms deal.

Says something about shunning terrorists. Whilst dinning with the biggest backers of whahabist death cult.

Wascurito

Trump seems to have gone off the rails a bit (again!) in the last couple of weeks but at least he's saying to Muslim nations what he's saying at home. He's not trying to sweet-talk them.

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
$100bn in arms for that real estate clearance the Saudis arranged in New York. Trump performing a curtsy is my highlight .... that'll never get old.

Lúidín

I wonder where that $500 billion worth of weapons will end up.

Trump is a better salesman than either Ms May or Ms Merkel. Neither did half as well as the Donald on their recent sales trips to His Highness, the King of Evil.

GDPR

Anyone questioned what value this huge arms deal will have in a country with 28% youth unemployment? petunia

Wascurito

Military industrial complex spokesperson visits country with appalling human rights record, that carries out more beheadings than ISIS, jails and tortures, apostates, gay's and pro democracy supporters to sign a billion dollar arms deal.

Says something about shunning terrorists. Whilst dinning with the biggest backers of whahabist death cult.
Billion? It's $110 billion.

L'Chaim

I wonder where that $500 billion worth of weapons will end up.

Trump is a better salesman than either Ms May or Ms Merkel. Neither did half as well as the Donald on their recent sales trips to His Highness, the King of Evil.
In Saudi Arabia, where the US controls the triggers for these weapons :)

Telstar 62

$100bn in arms for that real estate clearance the Saudis arranged in New York. Trump performing a curtsy is my highlight .... that'll never get old.
I'm sure that the relatives of the 3000 victims appreciate your smart alecry.....

eoghanacht

Wascurito

Those military deals are disgusting. WTF are the Saudis going to do with $110bn worth of military equipment? Exterminate their Shiites? Bomb Yemen back to such an extent that not one brick is left on another?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies