Trump says EU problems damaged his Doonbeg golf course - predicts EU breakup

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Trump appears to cite his woes in Ireland as reason why the EU needs to breakup ... and says he trusts Putin and Merkel for now ...hinting he might ditch them later

Paywall here
Donald Trump: I

IT parochial take
Trump: Doonbeg planning woe shows problem of EU red tape
“The Irish permission to develop came very quickly but then Ireland and my people turned to the EU to get the permission there,” he said. “That was going to take years, which is very bad for Ireland.”
BBC take
Donald Trump says Merkel made 'catastrophic mistake' on migrants - BBC News
He said Mrs Merkel was by far Europe's most important leader, and that the EU had become a vehicle for Germany.
...Mr Trump also spoke about the UK and Brexit, saying he thought the UK was "so smart in getting out" of the EU.
"Countries want their own identity and the UK wanted its own identity," he said.
"I think you're doing great, I think it's going great."
He predicted that more countries would follow the same path.
"I think people want . . . their own identity, so if you ask me ... I believe others will leave."

cyp

Dearghoul

What's he going to say when Climate change washes his feckin' golf course away?

ruserious

Imagine someone dropped bags of bird seed all over Doonbeg on Inauguration Day. That would be shocking like.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Version 1: My golf course was damaged = breakup the EU+ Nato and give Putin whatever he wants

Version 2: The Russian Mafia finance me so I've to follow Putin's orders = breakup the EU+ Nato and give Putin whatever he wants

cyp

GDPR

Clear foreign policy priorities. Lets call it the Trump Doctrine.

The occasion has been judged proper for asserting, as a principle in which the rights and interests of the United States are involved, that golf courses owned by US citizens are henceforth not to be considered as subjects for colonization by any European powers.

We owe it, therefore, to candor and to the amicable relations existing between the United States and those powers to declare that we should consider any attempt on their part to extend their control over Doonbeg as dangerous to our peace and safety.

We could not view any interposition for the purpose of oppressing Doonbeg , or controlling in any other manner its destiny, by any European power in any other light than as the manifestation of an unfriendly disposition toward the United States.

Filibuster

Well, his first mistake was applying for planning permission to the European Commission reception desk and mail room in Brussels rather than Clare County Council.

There are sound environmental reasons for those areas of special conservation.

Seems like he's of the school of planning that we used to have here in the old days - i.e. ride roughshod over the law because you're wealthy.

GDPR

Version 1: My golf course was damaged = breakup the EU+ Nato and give Putin whatever he wants

Version 2: The Russian Mafia finance me so I've to follow Putin's orders = breakup the EU+ Nato and give Putin whatever he wants

cyp
Version 3: I havent a bloody clue where I am and who I am talking to, but yeah I know golf greens.

Betson

Obama was weak on Climate change , always showing his fear of it. Climate change will not mess with a Trump administration.

Elvis jaffacake

Obama was weak on Climate change , always showing his fear of it. Climate change will not mess with a Trump administration.
You're talking about a man who had draft dodging down to a fine art...let's not give out our hand jobs so easily.

Mitsui2

Obviously he will blame the Mexicans.

Which immediately suggests that between the bridges should represent him.

In which case it will be a weirdly good choice by the Trumpeteer.

Mitsui2

Seems like he's of the school of planning that we used to have here in the old days - i.e. ride roughshod over the law because you're wealthy.
To be fair, it's the story of the man's life. Many of our elected representatives only learned that skill when we were paying for it.

At least Trump sucked at Daddy's fiscal t1t (till he got going properly, anyhow)

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I didn't get planning permission quickly enough for my golf course ... so the world needs to go under a dictatorship ...because

cyp

JCR

Trump appears to cite his woes in Ireland as reason why the EU needs to breakup ... and says he trusts Putin and Merkel for now ...hinting he might ditch them later

Paywall here
Donald Trump: I

IT parochial take
Trump: Doonbeg planning woe shows problem of EU red tape

BBC take
Donald Trump says Merkel made 'catastrophic mistake' on migrants - BBC News

cyp
Donald clearly subscribes to the Ray Burke strategy of selling off chunks of countries wealth, resources and land to the elite around the world. Its pretty clear what he is after. Break then up and buy them up piecemeal.

It is much easier to bully small countries when they have no allies.

GDPR

Donald clearly subscribes to the Ray Burke strategy of selling off chunks of countries wealth, resources and land to the elite around the world. Its pretty clear what he is after. Break then up and buy them up piecemeal.

Blackmailed, bribed or just entrapped, thats why he favours Russia. c19 states, with the big guys crushing the little ones. Power-politics and deals. Just right for Dirty Donald.

JCR

Blackmailed, bribed or just entrapped, thats why he favours Russia. c19 states, with the big guys crushing the little ones. Power-politics and deals. Just right for Dirty Donald.
Donald doesn't really believe in countries as such as far as I can see. He believes in assets and deals. He refuses to step away from his business while President. He favours Russia because it will make him money.

He is not interested in leadership, he is interested in money, that's the prism through which he views the world and that is about it. He will create jobs in the US because he realise there ins now enough poverty there that corps can make the same money there as they can in poor countries in Asia with the additional profit from taxbreaks.

The Americans have voted for the corps dream ticket.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com

Yep ...

cyp

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies