Trump seeking top secret security clearance for his CHILDREN

robut

Trump team seeks top-secret security clearances for Trump's children - CBS News

President-elect Donald Trump is potentially seeking top secret security clearances for his children, sources tell CBS News.

The Trump team has asked the White House to explore the possibility of getting his children the top secret security clearances. Logistically, the children would need to be designated by the current White House as national security advisers to their father to receive top secret clearances. However, once Mr. Trump becomes president, he would be able to put in the request himself.
So the same adult children who are / will be running the TRUMP EMPIRE are now looking for security clearance, would have to become his national security advisors.

Now their is a huge conflict of interest?

Maybe he is looking for this because he might "let slip" something to his children, then he is covered? What about Mrs Trump? Lessons learned from Hillarys private email fiasco?

Bizzare or not?? What do you guys think? Makes sense?? Or not?

Apparently this is a first ..

But surely his kids could not be running hs businesses at the same time if this happens??

EDIT - Another fake news story it seems??

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/15/president-electdonald-trump-security-clearance-children/93856438/

Despite reports suggesting the contrary, a transition team official says Donald Trump did not request or begin paperwork to have his children gain top-level security clearance, according to a pool report.

Last edited:

johnny365

This is a cute move possibly intends confiding in family and wants this in order not to break any laws. The ethics on the other hand of his Children who run international businesses having access to such information is dubious.

robut

Following on from this & outside its iffyness .. sounds like a new dynasty ala Kennedys is being born?

Ivanka for first female president in 2020???

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Probably want to be covered by national security for family movie-nights. 'Melania Does Minnesota'.

Half Nelson

Potentially....possibility....sources...media..

What did we just learn?

I'll wait for the facts.

ne0ica

I imagine this is to avoid a Clinton like Scandal.

The Don wants advice from the family. Perfectly Understandable.

robut

Potentially....possibility....sources...media..

What did we just learn?

I'll wait for the facts.
What media do you trust to see this as fact? Tell me and I will search for same for you and post here ..

CNN just now .. CBS above, no possibly about this, but maybe these news agencies are not good enough, fair enough.

robut

I imagine this is to avoid a Clinton like Scandal.

The Don wants advice from the family. Perfectly Understandable.
And by the way I actually agree with you 100%. But I would have an issue if his Children are also running his empire at the same time? Surely you see conflict of interest here??

Half Nelson

What media do you trust to see this as fact? Tell me and I will search for same and post here ..

CNN just now .. CBS above, no possibly about this, but maybe these news agencies are not good enough, fair enough.
You have to ask...after what just happened?

I see it's going to be a while before everybody catches up.

Half Nelson

robut

Answer your own question. Would it do for you?
Ah but you were the one waiting for the facts, Im happy enough with what I have heard ..

Fox, no, not my cup of tea.

So what do you reckon is a good reputable source, genuine Q??

And the horror .. Oprah is moving toCanada post trump :D

sidney waddell

Will this include 10 year old Barron? petunia

It'd be terrible for Trump to be impeached over his 10 year old son blabbing classified information in the playground at little break.

Half Nelson

Ah but you were the one waiting for the facts, Im happy enough with what I have heard ..

Fox, no, not my cup og tea.

So what do you reckon is a good reputable source, genuine Q??
You trust CNN and CBS, but not Fox so you can understand why somebody might not trust any of these.

If I'm to seriously consider a story as being true then, for starters, it shouldn't be hedged in ambiguous or evasive language.
American TV is notoriously slippery.... even when reporting the weather.

"President-elect Donald Trump is potentially seeking top secret security clearances for his children, sources tell CBS News."

"President-elect Donald Trump has asked for top secret clearance for his adult children and son-in-law Jared Kushner, unidentified transition officials tell CNN."

This, apparently, is enough for you to put your shirt on it.

robut

This brings us to the broader topic in the news at the moment - Facebook and fake news all over its feeds. Some say impacting on both sides of recent US election

To the point we cannot believe much any more? Even from what might be termed reputable news outlets like CNN, CBC etc. Though some will have issues with all News Outlets ..

The Field Marshal

That would be normal protocol for all presidents with children who are adults.

Big fuss about nothing.

:roll:

robut

That would be normal protocol for all presidents with children who are adults.

Big fuss about nothing.

:roll:
Well .. I think the issue here is Trumps children were already lined up to run his business while he is President. Apparently in US a president has to "divest" interest in his/her businesses for term of presidency?

If kids have top secret clearance and are in as advisors to the president / privy to info that might help the businesses .. then on that basis, surely, a major conflict of interest?

The Field Marshal

Well .. I think the issue here is Trumps children were already lined up to run his business while he is President. Apparently in US a president has to "divest" interest in his/her businesses for term of presidency?

If kids have top secret clearance and are in as advisors to the president / privy to info that might help the businesses .. then on that basis, surely, a major conflict of interest?
Not in the least.

Former Democratic president JFK had his brother Bobby appointed attoney general and nobody other than the usual suspects. complained.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies