Trump to cut funding to UN

Volatire

NYT reporting that:

The Trump administration is preparing executive orders that would clear the way to drastically reduce the United States’ role in the United Nations and other international organizations, as well as begin a process to review and potentially abrogate certain forms of multilateral treaties.
Looking for a 40% reduction overall.

Trump Prepares Orders Aiming at Global Funding and Treaties

This is huge.

D

Deleted member 45466

[video=youtube;YnJbA0xz5GM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJbA0xz5GM[/video]

Dame_Enda

Would be ironic if the US is up to now funding the ICC as it refused to join it.

GDPR

Joke organization but one much abused. Some type of Global League of Nations would be a good alternative.

GDPR

Merle said it clear....

[video=youtube;UodJB1tRNVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodJB1tRNVE[/video]

Dame_Enda

Trump may yet find himself before the ICC if he reintroduces water boarding.
The secret prisons executive order specifically states torture not allowed. However Trump now saying intelligence people told him torture works. I personally think that torture is unreliable because if I was being tortured badly enough I would almost say anything to stop it.

an innocent abroad

NYT reporting that:

Looking for a 40% reduction overall.

Trump Prepares Orders Aiming at Global Funding and Treaties

This is huge.

Another EXECUTIVE order?

What's wrong? does he not trust the Senate and Congress who are Republicans to vote for it?????

Just wait till the Republicans don't want him to do something by "Executive Orders" that don't suit the republicans, they might be given him Carte Blanche to suit their needs, but wait till its payvack when they don't like his Executive orders....

Wagmore

[video=youtube;YnJbA0xz5GM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJbA0xz5GM[/video]
Used to love that show. Last big explosion looks a bit like the Montrose campus getting pancaked. Probably just wishful thinking on my part. Oh yeah Trump means business---UN latest holy cow to be herded into the abattoir. Any institution that puts a Saudi head of a human rights panel has jumped the shark. Go Trump!!!
Anger after Saudi Arabia 'chosen to head key UN human rights panel' | The Independent

D

Deleted member 45466

The secret prisons executive order specifically states torture not allowed. However Trump now saying intelligence people told him torture works. I personally think that torture is unreliable because if I was being tortured badly enough I would almost say anything to stop it.
They would say that, wouldn't they?

D

Deleted member 45466

Used to love that show. Last big explosion looks a bit like the Montrose campus getting pancaked. Probably just wishful thinking on my part. Oh yeah Trump means business---UN latest holy cow to be herded into the abattoir. Any institution that puts a Saudi head of a human rights panel has jumped the shark. Go Trump!!!
Anger after Saudi Arabia 'chosen to head key UN human rights panel' | The Independent
My favourite was Captain Scarlet.

[video=youtube;0iULyLwvV-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iULyLwvV-A[/video]

Used to be on ITV, when it was just 1 channel, around tea time.

Gin Soaked

Another EXECUTIVE order?

What's wrong? does he not trust the Senate and Congress who are Republicans to vote for it?????

Just wait till the Republicans don't want him to do something by "Executive Orders" that don't suit the republicans, they might be given him Carte Blanche to suit their needs, but wait till its payvack when they don't like his Executive orders....
Is it not that the Republicans want him to do all these things by Exec order, so that when they all blow up in his face (which they mostly will), then can do an article 25 and put Pence in instead.

It is a matter of time. Trump will end up under a bus once he oversteps the bearable line by republican standards.

an innocent abroad

Another EXECUTIVE order?

Just wait till the Republicans don't want him to do something by "Executive Orders" that don't suit the republicans, they might be given him Carte Blanche to suit their needs, but wait till its payvack when they don't like his Executive orders..

there is going to be serious payback for the republicans given him so much freedom to execute these orders..

They are allowing him like a child in a sweet shop

and he will use this against them.....

Lol....

silverharp

Mary Robinson just felt a great disturbance in her pension funds as if millions of quangos cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

cabledude

This lad is going to do the USA and its relationships real harm. And its going to tke them years to regain and rebuild these relationships.

I really feel sorry for the US citizens. They don't deserve this. Although they did vote for him.

silverharp

My favourite was Captain Scarlet.

[video=youtube;0iULyLwvV-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iULyLwvV-A[/video]

Used to be on ITV, when it was just 1 channel, around tea time.
Stingray surely or was there a crossover?

[video=youtube;E06cNv55jTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E06cNv55jTs[/video]

JCR

You'd wonder if Trump was genuinely just a Putin stooge at this stage.

D

Deleted member 45466

Mary Robinson just felt a great disturbance in her pension funds as if millions of quangos cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced
Her next job: playing a PC Obi Wan derivative in the next Star Wars movie.

gijoe

This lad is going to do the USA and its relationships real harm. And its going to tke them years to regain and rebuild these relationships.

I really feel sorry for the US citizens. They don't deserve this. Although they did vote for him.
No they didn't. It was the illegals and dead that voted!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies