Trump to meet Kim Jong Un

Alan Alda

One country talks to another , break out the champagne ,give awards!
Nigga please..

Betson

Most of the CNN people seem be disgusted , a nuclear war would have been great for ratings.

To be fair some of their contributors are saying this is a huge positive development and are praising Trump through gritted teeth.

Ex director James Clapper was on saying this is positive development that he never thought would see happen and said maybe by luck Trump stumbled on a policy that is baring more fruit than previous administrations tried and got nowhere but then went on to say maybe the difference is the South Korean president and he is one that should get most of the praise.

Anderson Cooper was going on about what happened to all the fire and fury talk as if to say we were promised a nuclear war and now we are not getting one.

One analyst did say it would be a big mistake for Democrats to criticize these developments for the sake of criticism and said regardless of what happens next it is step in the right direction and the first real significant movement on N Korea in decades.

Mercurial

It would be hilarious if the most incompetent administration in US history managed to broker a deal with North Korea.

I'll believe it when I see it, though.

Mickeymac

dizillusioned

It would be hilarious if the most incompetent administration in US history managed to broker a deal with North Korea.

Ergo, if it DOES broker a deal..that makes the others even more incompetent??..:)

if i remember Clinton brokered a deal that NK would give up nukes and searching for nuclear weapons for more power from others SK etc...announcing “this is good for the world”..that plan was stuck to by Kim’s father...not!

Dame_Enda

Cautiously optimistic.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
There are cultures and governments around the world today that see the kind of cerebral peace-making overtures of Obama ("we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist.") as weakness to be exploited. In Trump's bombast they (rightly or wrongly) perceive strength. Face to face talks with the Hermit mad-house of North Korea and a sitting US president whilst also promising to halt tests is a foreign policy triumph the likes of which deserves praise and admiration

It seems we may have forgotten that the stick is as necessary as the carrot.

400 + days and you are still upset about President Trump's election. You did not get what you wanted and your mammy could not fix it for you. Record jobs RETURNING to the US is far for incompetence Trump is a great President get over it.

GDPR

A meeting between the leader of North Korea and a sitting US president has been a top foreign policy goal of the North Koreans for about two decades. A North Korean propaganda film literally ends with an American president visiting Pyongyang, compelled by North Korea's nuclear weapons program and treats Kim as an equal...

Trump just gives it to them like that. Talking to North Korea is good, don't get me wrong, but this is just the United States being played.

owedtojoy

Most of the CNN people seem be disgusted , a nuclear war would have been great for ratings.

To be fair some of their contributors are saying this is a huge positive development and are praising Trump through gritted teeth.

Ex director James Clapper was on saying this is positive development that he never thought would see happen and said maybe by luck Trump stumbled on a policy that is baring more fruit than previous administrations tried and got nowhere but then went on to say maybe the difference is the South Korean president and he is one that should get most of the praise.

Anderson Cooper was going on about what happened to all the fire and fury talk as if to say we were promised a nuclear war and now we are not getting one.

One analyst did say it would be a big mistake for Democrats to criticize these developments for the sake of criticism and said regardless of what happens next it is step in the right direction and the first real significant movement on N Korea in decades.
What makes you so sure we are not getting a nuclear war?

Munich 1938 was billed as a end to "war scares" as well.

This is not about Trump - it is about Kim Jong Un.

Kim has put himself back at the centre of the narrative, and if Trump does not deliver concessions, he is no worse off. No wonder Japan and South Korea are worried.

owedtojoy

A meeting between the leader of North Korea and a sitting US president has been a top foreign policy goal of the North Koreans for about two decades. A North Korean propaganda film literally ends with an American president visiting Pyongyang, compelled by North Korea's nuclear weapons program and treats Kim as an equal...

Trump just gives it to them like that. Talking to North Korea is good, don't get me wrong, but this is just the United States being played.
It is America prestige that has been put at risk here, not North Korea's.

Remember the Clinton Administration has a "de-nuclearisation" deal with the North Koreans that died because of North Korean reneging. Has the leper changed its spots?

ruserious

What a great propaganda victory for the DPRK to be seeing as bringing the United States to heel.

Elvis jaffacake

Yep something every NORK gov has craved for decades, legitimacy and to be seen as equal...

Elvis jaffacake

400 + days and you are still upset about President Trump's election. You did not get what you wanted and your mammy could not fix it for you. Record jobs RETURNING to the US is far for incompetence Trump is a great President get over it.
I wonder who's socky you are...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies