• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Trump Visiting Clare

Buchaill Dana

Its semi official. The Yanks have announcrd it, without informing the Government. He will be in Doonbeg 5th to 7th of June, with tentative plsns for Leo to meet him in Dromoland.

Should be fun.

USER1234

Its semi official. The Yanks have announcrd it, without informing the Government. He will be in Doonbeg 5th to 7th of June, with tentative plsns for Leo to meet him in Dromoland.

Should be fun.
He should be told that in no uncertain terms he is not welcome in Ireland, and even if he does come no minister epescally the Taoiseach or president should indulge his idiotcy by meeting him offically or unofficially!

Last edited:

Northsideman

It will be interesting to see how Mary Lou and SF handle this given Trump is a past contributor to that party.

owedtojoy

I am no Trump fan, but if the President of the United States wants to visit his property here, then Irish officialdom should greet him appropriately.

That may involve the President or Taoiseach, or both. I am sure President Higgins would prefer to be otherwise engaged. It sounds more like a private visit than a state occasion.

For this particular President, who is a disgrace to an office he is unfit to hold, he should be met with the minimal amount of cool courtesy.

To do less would be to insult the country he represents.

Sweet Darling

He should be told that in no uncertain terms he is not welcome in Ireland, and even if he does come no minister epescally the Taoiseach or president should indulge his idiotcy by meeting him offically or unofficially!
That is not the way adults work.

Dame_Enda

While I disagree with his foreign policy, this visit is a great honour. The impression I got from the news today is he would be welcome in Clare where he's an employer. I think though that the visit could be hijacked by the Dublin leftwing protest groups, who were strangely silent on visits by the Chinese government in the past.

Sweet Darling

I am no Trump fan, but if the President of the United States wants to visit his property here, then Irish officialdom should greet him appropriately.

That may involve the President or Taoiseach, or both. I am sure President Higgins would prefer to be otherwise engaged. It sounds more like a private visit than a state occasion.

For this particular President, who is a disgrace to an office he is unfit to hold, he should be met with the minimal amount of cool courtesy.

If we can act with decorum with the last waster Obama they sent over, then can't see any reason to treat Mr Trump any differently.

Sweet Darling

While I disagree with his foreign policy, this visit is a great honour. The impression I got from the news today is he would be welcome in Clare where he's an employer. I think though that the visit could be hijacked by the Dublin leftwing protest groups, who were strangely silent on visits by the Chinese government in the past.
Plastic pinko's will be all over this.

AhNowStop

And the big baby could cause a lot of trouble for Ireland if he felt suitably slighted ......

Horrible to have to do it but the smart money is on “putting on a show”

StirCharles

And the big baby could cause a lot of trouble for Ireland if he felt suitably slighted ......

Horrible to have to do it but the smart money is on “putting on a show”
That is the right attitude. Make sure that little lad bows down to The President and let him do an little jig as well. Otherwise he will have the pharma and tech companies relocate to Montana. If he is real nice, he may legalize the Irish as well.

AhNowStop

That is the right attitude. Make sure that little lad bows down to The President and let him do an little jig as well. Otherwise he will have the pharma and tech companies relocate to Montana. If he is real nice, he may legalize the Irish as well.
Ach would ye look .... are you craving attention wee man ? 🤔

StirCharles

Just having a laugh kid, that is the reality though. Ireland is nothing in the bigger scheme of things.

jimbohane

He should be given a welcome befitting the president of the country whose multi nationals give employment to over a quarter of a million people here. If Varadkar doesn't like him he should learn from his visit to the Clonskeagh mosque where the members of the Muslim Brotherhood who hate all things gay put on a show for him befitting of Broadway. When one of its leading members Dr Selim called for an end to teaching music in Irish schools, segregation of male and female students and expressed his approval of FGM the same Sheik Halawa was silent in his condemnation of his remarks however Leo was assured that the MB has no problem with gayness. Leaving there he must have been feeling that Islam does indeed love gay people and that they in the MB disagree with the prophet Muhammad's teachings on this issue. He should learn from this experience of Taqiyya and put it to use in welcoming somebody he does not approve of to our country. If only for the sake of those of us who feel that without the US we would still be a third world country,

Last edited:

StirCharles

Well said.
Imagine that tool leading the country and the muslims laughing at him.

cozzy121

If we can act with decorum with the last waster Obama they sent over, then can't see any reason to treat Mr Trump any differently.
Drumpf's visit, won't be the 1st time we had to deal with a despised American president on our shores

"And that is why there was a wave of international censorship after George W Bush appeared at the window of an Irish castle wearing a white undergarment, rather than his traditional shirt and tie.
It may have been bedtime, but the president was wide awake to the potential public relations dangers.

After spotting the camera, he quickly backtracked, and allowed one of his aides to open the bedroom window instead.

'Best vest man'

It was too late. The cameraman had got the shot - George W Bush as you have never seen him before, in a vest, about to go to bed, at Dromoland Castle in County Clare on the west coast of Ireland.

Rather than being known as "America's best dressed man," he could now be labelled "America's best vest man"."

Herr Rommel

He should be given a welcome befitting the president of the country whose multi nationals give employment to over a quarter of a million people here. If Varadkar doesn't like him he should learn from his visit to the Clonskeagh mosque where the members of the Muslim Brotherhood who hate all things gay put on a show for him befitting of Broadway. When one of its leading members Dr Selim called for an end to teaching music in Irish schools, segregation of male and female students and expressed his approval of FGM the same Sheik Halawa was silent in his condemnation of his remarks however Leo was assured that the MB has no problem with gayness. Leaving there he must have been feeling that Islam does indeed love gay people and that they in the MB disagree with the prophet Muhammad's teachings on this issue. He should learn from this experience of Taqiyya and put it to use in welcoming somebody he does not approve of to our country. If only for the sake of those of us who feel that without the US we would still be a third world country,
Great post and well put.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies