• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Trump Visiting Clare

HenryHorace

Is there any events planned for the public to show their support for the President does anyone know?

DannyDoyle

He should be told that in no uncertain terms he is not welcome in Ireland, and even if he does come no minister epescally the Taoiseach or president should indulge his idiotcy by meeting him offically or unofficially!
I welcome the democratically elected POTUS. Adams and Co are welcomed and they are ersponsible for multiple killings

Orbit v2

I saw Aodhan O'Riordan was first out of the blocks yesterday, taking a break from objecting to new houses in his constituency I guess, to push out his chest and object to something else instead.

It's the perfect vehicle for the left to work themselves into a(n inconsequential) lather about. I thought it was funny on Newstalk breakfast they played the "I hate the Romans as much as anybody" clip from The Life of Brian. Very apt as there'll be an orgy of groups trying to outdo each other with their objections to Trump, but they made the point that Trump thrives on all this. The worst thing that could happen to him is to be ignored.

Catahualpa

He should of course be given a cordial welcome here at Official level

The US has been a good friend to Ireland over many many decades & has huge investments here

- as has Donald Trump

The Government should do what is in Ireland's best interests

- & Damn the Bemoaners!

cozzy121

Is there any events planned for the public to show their support for the President does anyone know?
Hopefully there is, it'll be good to see the shower of right wing loons that would show up to such and event

Herr Rommel

no doubt there will be a spike the sales of tiki torches for the trump supporter rally..
I doubt the Trump supporters in this country would be into such nonsense as most of us work and are far to busy to take a trip to Clare just to watch him unwind and play some golf.

The lazy liberal left on the other hand will have a great day out paid for by their dole money.

A Voice

Trump will be a magnet for leftard bedwetters who still can't get over the fact that he won, and keeps winning.

All together now, kids:

"WHAT DO WE WANT?"

- "TO PROTEST!"

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?"

-"NOW!"

owedtojoy

He should of course be given a cordial welcome here at Official level

The US has been a good friend to Ireland over many many decades & has huge investments here

- as has Donald Trump

The Government should do what is in Ireland's best interests

- & Damn the Bemoaners!
I would not go that far ....... but it is a private visit, and Trump will be mainly visiting his own property.

On the credit side:
  • - Doonbeg and Co Clare will appear on prime time US TV. Can't be bad.
  • - For a private visit, pomp and officialdom can be kept to a minimum. No honorary degrees or addressing the Dail,. Our own President can sit on or in his Aras, and not be bothered. The Taoiseach may have to step up.
Debit:
  • - No real debits to Ireland. A cool & dignified protest would be appropriate, I think, but my expectation is that Trump will stay in the background.

Supra

I would not go that far ....... but it is a private visit, and Trump will be mainly visiting his own property.

On the credit side:
  • - Doonbeg and Co Clare will appear on prime time US TV. Can't be bad.
  • - For a private visit, pomp and officialdom can be kept to a minimum. No honorary degrees or addressing the Dail,. Our own President can sit on or in his Aras, and not be bothered. The Taoiseach may have to step up.
Debit:
  • - No real debits to Ireland. A cool & dignified protest would be appropriate, I think, but my expectation is that Trump will stay in the background.
I don't think Trump knows how to stay in the background. Irish media will do their best to keep him in the foreground as will politicians using him to try and get 2 mins national attention.

What would the theme of a protest be?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies