• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Trump Visiting Clare

belcoo666

I would not go that far ....... but it is a private visit, and Trump will be mainly visiting his own property.

On the credit side:
  • - Doonbeg and Co Clare will appear on prime time US TV. Can't be bad.
  • - For a private visit, pomp and officialdom can be kept to a minimum. No honorary degrees or addressing the Dail,. Our own President can sit on or in his Aras, and not be bothered. The Taoiseach may have to step up.
Debit:
  • - No real debits to Ireland. A cool & dignified protest would be appropriate, I think, but my expectation is that Trump will stay in the background.
hopefully they dont show the roads in clare on prime time tv , shocking for any country in the 21st century

jimbohane

I doubt the Trump supporters in this country would be into such nonsense as most of us work and are far to busy to take a trip to Clare just to watch him unwind and play some golf.

The lazy liberal left on the other hand will have a great day out paid for by their dole money.
You could have Daly and Wallace out with their anti US banners trying to get a bit of publicity for themselves for the Euro elections.

Volatire

It is good that President Trump is aware of Clare as a great location.

Ireland should pitch Dromoland Castle as an excellent venue for a World Summit of some kind.

crusade+meme+7.jpg

Northsideman

It is good that President Trump is aware of Clare as a great location.

Ireland should pitch Dromoland Castle as an excellent venue for a World Summit of some kind.

View attachment 18098
That would be some craic, the wee lad in the park would have to send a doctor's note to excuse his absence.

fifilawe

I expect the Bo****X to be there, scraping the floor ,Dudsey Baloney pretending and acting the lackey to YellowHair.Murriam and Old Bag Marian also there rubbing shoulders with all the other lackeys and sell-outs just to get on TV but most especailly Mr.Bo****X who has no standards or credibility left.I expect Bo****X to play a round of "Pretend golf " with YellowHair and someone to wipe the sweat of his brow and clean and dry his hands.After all Mr.Bon****X has delusions of grandeur,importance and power and that he has the same importance as elected heads of state.He has the ego but not the charisma of a newt.

StirCharles

Get a pair of high heels for Bono, a set of stilts for Higgins and have someone sing an irish song and The President will be happy and will let someone play golf with him like Harrington or the other small guy.

Sweet Darling

I don't think Trump knows how to stay in the background. Irish media will do their best to keep him in the foreground as will politicians using him to try and get 2 mins national attention.

What would the theme of a protest be?
Yankee's go home.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies