• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Trumponomics - and the impact on Ireland

gleeful

Some detailed ideas are finally being laundered through Trump from his economics team (this team allegedly contains no women, but does have 5 guys all named Steve).

Chief among the policies is a lowering of US corporation tax to 15% and a once off charge of 10% for repatriating foreign profits. Both are currently 35%, although a vast number of loopholes exist so this high rate is almost never actually paid by anyone.

On personal taxes he has said he will simplify the tax bands and lower them.

Tax reforms are long overdue in the US. The current system is so complex it makes France look efficient, and is so full of loopholes that effectively the richer you are, the less tax you pay.

Leaving aside for a minute the unlikelihood of Trump either winning the election or getting these reforms passed congress - how would this impact Ireland?

My suspicion is it would be beneficial in the long term. Tax reform would boost the US economy and that would ultimately help the rest of the world too. US multinationals come to Ireland to access the EU market in a way that minimizes their EU tax bill, not to avoid US tax.

Thoughts?

Analyzer

If behave like leprachauns ( like Noonan did in Shannon ) it will all work out grand.......

GDPR

Hopefully Trump will put a stop to Ireland being used for international money laundering and tax evasion.

firefly123

Five guys called Steve.

Sounds like a pizza delivery company.

valamhic

I did an FOI to the Central Statistics Office, I got the reply to day with the port.

Total Exports for Ireland to the USAS for 2016 was = 31.8 billion Euros.

This increased in 2017 to 33 billion Euros.

This proves that Trumponomics is good for Ireland, a booming US economy means more exports for Ireland. I cannot give a link in the way I got it.

I am not sure if its published yet, but I can verify this is true.

ionsniffer

Some detailed ideas are finally being laundered through Trump from his economics team (this team allegedly contains no women, but does have 5 guys all named Steve).

Chief among the policies is a lowering of US corporation tax to 15% and a once off charge of 10% for repatriating foreign profits. Both are currently 35%, although a vast number of loopholes exist so this high rate is almost never actually paid by anyone.

Tax reforms are long overdue in the US. The current system is so complex it makes France look efficient, and is so full of loopholes that effectively the richer you are, the less tax you pay.

Leaving aside for a minute the unlikelihood of Trump either winning the election or getting these reforms passed congress - how would this impact Ireland?

My suspicion is it would be beneficial in the long term. Tax reform would boost the US economy and that would ultimately help the rest of the world too. US multinationals come to Ireland to access the EU market in a way that minimizes their EU tax bill, not to avoid US tax.

Thoughts?
No women?
There's plenty of trade and construction workers needed in the USA Maybe women should re skilll and re educate themselves rather than whining and looking for a free ride up the ladder all the time because of their gender?

ionsniffer

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
No women?
There's plenty of trade and construction workers needed in the USA. Maybe women Luke yourself should re skilll and re educate themselves rather than whining and looking for a free ride up the ladder all the time because of their gender?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies