Trump's comms staff: leaking about leaking about leaking

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Trump is obsessed about leaking ...the below meeting, a leak about a leak meeting about a leak meeting, gives some idea of the problem

Since Hope Hicks left, the WH is without a Comms Director

https://www.axios.com/oval-office-leak-kelly-sadler-mercedes-schlapp-trump-0b622aa7-6719-47f0-89eb-8d12008f7cd9.html
The president told Sadler she wouldn’t be fired for her remark. He added, separately in the conversation, that he’s no fan of McCain. Then Trump, who had grown obsessed with the leaking problem, told Sadler he wanted to know who the leakers were. Sadler then stunned the room: To be completely honest, she said, she thought one of the worst leakers was Schlapp, her boss.
White House leakers leak about leaking
My colleague Mike Allen, who has spent nearly 20 years covering the White House, says we learn more about what's going on inside the Trump White House in a week than we did in a year of the George W. Bush presidency.
..."To cover my tracks, I usually pay attention to other staffers' idioms and use that in my background quotes. That throws the scent off me," the current White House official added.
Why does Trump's White House leak so much ?

My theory is that due to lack of ideology, everything is mere personal bitchiness

Cyp

GDPR

Umm arent you supposed to be the strategist? Its elementary game theory.

The prisoners dilemma. Two accomplices are arrested for the same crime they committed together and interrogated separately. The prisoners understand that if they each deny the crime, they will both be charged with a much less serious offence, but if one confesses he will be let off and the other will get an even heavier punishment.

Leaking/confessing is a dominant strategy because if you think your fellow prisoner is going to deny, then you should confess. If you think he is going to confess, then you should confess too. Sure its a bad one, because you will both end up ratting each other out, and serving time, but its a rational one.

Trump leaks like a sieve himself. He set the game up that way. Like all sh(t bosses, he divides people into factions. So if you think one of them is going to leak on you, makes sense to get your leak out first. Even if you dont think they will leak, its a good way of undermining them.

Crap leader is crap.

Dame_Enda

The book "Fire and Fury" claims an awful lot of leaking was coming from the Kushner faction when Bannon was in the WH (particularly against him) - but the Bannon camp was also leaking against him. The book also claims that the Kushner side was leaking against Katie Walsh when she was fired on suspicion of leaking. However Walsh was in the Reince Priebus camp when he was in the WH, and the book says they didnt leak so much. I think the book also suggests she was not necessarily leaking at all, and was removed because the Kushner faction disagreed with an idea of hers.

Last edited:

devnull

Why does Trump's White House leak so much ?

Because he's a lazy, incompetent manager who can't build or manage a team.
Trump's 'management style' is to set subordinates against eachother, and his appointees and family are putting excessive effort into winning faction fights against eachother.

Spanner Island

Trump should hire Roseanne Barr as his Comms Director as I'm sure she'd be an effective distraction and apparently she's got plenty of free time now.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies