Tsar Nicholas II had a tattoo!

GDPR

While I regard the Ruriks as having been among the greatest Rulers ever ranking up there with King Arthur (who I believe was a historical figure), Emperor Justinian, St Clovis and St Edward the Confessor particularly Tsar Ivan the Awe Inspiring who I believe was very probably a Saint despite the unfortunate execution of St Maximus the Greek the Romanovs are a totally different story outside of Tsar Alexander I and possibly Tsarina Elizabeth. While I am a great admirer of the much slandered Strannki Girgori Rasputin (again I believe that he is most probably a Saint and I have an Icon of him hanging both in our household chapel and in our bedroom), however I simply do not understand the cult that has grown up around "Bloody Nicholas". That said I do find the fact that he had a tattoo which he got in Japan fascinating; I wonder how many other people who you would never guess had one were actually tattooed?

NICHOLAS II: TSAR WITH A DRAGON TATTOO - The Romanov Family

firefly123

Sorry all I got from that was that you have a household chapel.
In the East or west wing?

You'll never guess what Prince Albert had!

between the bridges

Moi's tattoo says ' Free The Fermanagh Wan', on a cold day ye only see 'Free'...

blokesbloke

A household chapel eh?

Very grand.

Do you live in a mansion or is it more a sort of converted-cupboard-under-the-stairs-in-a-semi type of deal?

firefly123

A household chapel eh?

Very grand.

Do you live in a mansion or is it more a sort of converted-cupboard-under-the-stairs-in-a-semi type of deal?
Dungeons and fritzel rooms

blokesbloke

Well I for one found it surprising and interesting so I thought I would share it.

Do you have any tattoos BB?
:shock:

What a very personal question!

Still, I shall deign to answer... the answer is, and I hope that nobody on this forum is remotely surprised by this and if they are I shall be extremely upset, is

certainly not.

Tattoos are dreadfully common.

And I know I will get roundly criticised for saying it and yes it's rampantly sexist of me, but they are common on men (although they can be sexy in a common way on the right man), but on women they are just beyond common and extremely unpleasant.

Sorry but that's just how it is.

JimmyFoley

An icon of Rasputin in your bedroom?

Not worried about undermining your husband's confidence in his, eh, equipment?

firefly123

An icon of Rasputin in your bedroom?

Not worried about undermining your husband's confidence in his, eh, equipment?
It's an upside troll doll but noone has the heart to tell her

GDPR

:And I know I will get roundly criticised for saying it and yes it's rampantly sexist of me, but they are common on men (although they can be sexy in a common way on the right man), but on women they are just beyond common and extremely unpleasant.

Sorry but that's just how it is.
Please forgive me. I have a bad tendency of asking people personal questions though it is something that I have been become a lot better at restraining and I don't think that I have done it here to often at least. By common do you mean vulgar or well common? Actually I will have to disagree with you, I think usually tattoos look better on women than on men (I have four- yes before I said three but I had such an excellent idea for one that I just had to go ahead and get it done however much I am ambiguous on the morality of them).

cozzy121

Anyone else remember Kermit from the muppets singing about Lydia the tattoo lady???

blokesbloke

Please forgive me. I have a bad tendency of asking people personal questions though it is something that I have been become a lot better at restraining and I don't think that I have done it here to often at least. By common do you mean vulgar or well common? Actually I will have to disagree with you, I think usually tattoos look better on women than on men (I have four- yes before I said three but I had such an excellent idea for one that I just had to go ahead and get it done however much I am ambiguous on the morality of them).
Forgiven, and sorry for any offense.

I am afraid I mean vulgar yes, and I have never seen a woman with a tattoo which suited her.

Still perhaps you are the honourable exception.

GDPR

A household chapel eh?

Very grand.

No it is a room and not a converted cupboard. Our house is decently sized but not what I would call a mansion by any means however I do my best to make it as stately as possible.

New Threads