Tuesday's Guardian: Dublin warned it has 24 hours to make decision or trigger crisis

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Tomorrow's Guardian lead story:

"Irish told: take EU bailout or trigger crisis"

Ireland told: Take EU bailout or trigger crisis | Business | The Guardian

"The Irish problem is spreading, but it could get more volatile," said Ashok Shah, chief investment officer at London Capital, a fund management firm. "They have to get this bailout, they have a period of time before it gets impossible, before nasty things happen. The longer they leave it, the more difficult it will get."

Franzoni

If this is correct it's game over for FF...no way back for them now....

I wonder if they will try to put Party before the Eurozone like they have been doing with the country for years....?

Can't see Merkel,Sarkozy & Co wearing that from those FF gombeen muppets...

eoghanacht

pinko liberal garbage. who cares what those lefties think?
I feel the same about you, any thoughts on the issue or is that all you can muster in that blinked head of yours?

slippy wicket

And still the cretins vacillate.

Talk about Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

The govern-mental gobdaws need a hard kick up their slieveen arses.
They have destroyed this countries immediate future for grubby short term gain.

superpiper

I've mo doubt the Irish, like the spoilt schoolground bully will do whatever they can to avoid anything at all , at any cost.
However, we may be throwing our last dice.
Unlike the Irish, the markets, and other countries will remember.

He3

Anyone know where Jack Bauer is?

Scipio

The Guardian unlike the Daily Telegraph has always been broadly supportive of Sinn Féin, so let us not be too negative about them.
This is exactly what's wrong with the political culture in this country - partisan party political interests trump all else.

picador

The Guardian unlike the Daily Telegraph has always been broadly supportive of Sinn Féin, so let us not be too negative about them.
Newsflash: Fianna Fáil / The Greens are the ones in government (allegedly)

SinnShane

24 hours from when?

captainwillard

I feel the same about you, any thoughts on the issue or is that all you can muster in that blinked head of yours?
Still thinking of going to Canada with the bit of leaving cert French?:) All that maudlin 'this could have been a great little country' is getting to you.

Clanrickard

And if we don't say yes what then? We should say ok and demand 4% interest rate and let a joint communique with the Commission take place where it will be said that Ireland didn't need this but took it to help the Euro. Or is that too much backbone for our shleeveen politicians? .

corelli

It's fairly obvious, and I said it elsewhere, that Lenihan will be told tomorrow at the Council meeting that he is to take a bailout. End of story. The Government can bluster all it wants, but if the others tell him to take it he has to. The alternative will be devastating.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies