TUI and Croke park.

JMcGynty

TUI members vote to suspend industrial action | BreakingNews.ie

LOL....bread and the side its buttered comes to mind..!
I think they left it too late they should have got on with deal and saved a few billion, everyone and their mother knows there is waste and savings can be made by changing work practises, wasting more time talking about is useless aswell because all of this is giving the government amunition to tell them they broke the croke park deal, and the government would be right, they fought change for so long now and got away with it they think they can still do so, but in the current climate nobody is going to let them waste any more time, i think the phrase shooting yourself in the foot is appropriate but the government will be delighted to have another go at them.

MPB

Just tell the Unions to relate wage reductions to reductions in mortgage, energy and fuel costs.

Reduce my mortgage and you can reduce my pay.

politicaldonations

Just tell the Unions to relate wage reductions to reductions in mortgage, energy and fuel costs.

Reduce my mortgage and you can reduce my pay.
No can do. Euro rescue fund will cut your pay though if government doesnt. No way around it . You are free to leave and earn more in private sector if you think you can though.

MPB

No can do. Euro rescue fund will cut your pay though if government doesnt. No way around it . You are free to leave and earn more in private sector if you think you can though.
My words were those of advice. I own a couple of small businesses.

Therefore I have no desire to see people have their wages reduced, as I depend on them having money, as do most private enterprises with tax obligations in this country.

Of course we could all let our jealousy destroy the country.

Let me give you a hint about how to cut the Public Sector pay bill, Public Sector Pensions.

We have 330,000 Public Sector workers, yet we are paying the wages of every retired Public Sector Worker still alive.

All pensions should be privatised and should be voluntary.

justme1

Does anyone have to hand information on teachers (every level) pay scales within the EU and how our (Irish) teachers compare?

gatsbygirl20

Does anyone have to hand information on teachers (every level) pay scales within the EU and how our (Irish) teachers compare?
Ah, I see you joined a mere few weeks ago. So young, yet so so predictable. Yes, dear Justme1, or whatever you call yourself, there are multiple threads in our archives "proving" that Irish teachers earn 20 million times more than those in certain EU states. It is all nonsense, but will keep you amused while you are figuring out how to start a thread on Teachers' Holidays, And What Planet Are They On?
We have a wonderful poster---a sort of in-house teacher-tormentor---called Patslatt, who will be the answer to your prayers. He has an impressive archive on teachers and their wicked ways, which he will be willing to share with you.

bokuden

Ah, I see you joined a mere few weeks ago. So young, yet so so predictable. Yes, dear Justme1, or whatever you call yourself, there are multiple threads in our archives "proving" that Irish teachers earn 20 million times more than those in certain EU states. It is all nonsense, but will keep you amused while you are figuring out how to start a thread on Teachers' Holidays, And What Planet Are They On?
We have a wonderful poster---a sort of in-house teacher-tormentor---called Patslatt, who will be the answer to your prayers. He has an impressive archive on teachers and their wicked ways, which he will be willing to share with you.
Come on. How do you justify 4 months paid holiday?

Ulysses

It's the naughty step for you.

:D

justme1

I'm not sure which part/bit is funnier from your reply,there is so much to choose from!
I guess you missed the question bit yourself.

Ulysses

Try this. It compares across the OECD rather than the EU. Pages 74 through to 77 give a lot of comparisons of teacher pay and teaching time. Bear in mind that the figures relate to 2008. I'm not sure how the rest of the OECD has fared, but Ireland has probably dropped down the pay league table since 2008.

http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/docserver/download/fulltext/9610061e.pdf?expires=1289008777&id=0000&accname=guest&checksum=39AFE6787CED457365CF7690F905A3BC

justme1

I have made an executive decision and gone with the bold above,i'm wondering where you got the 'dear' from justme1,oh please don't say you teach our children!

fecker

Ah, a teacher I surmise. For the job/vocation you do, you have my respect. when you get up on Monday morning and go in to teach the horrors...I mean Darlings.......forget about the ************************e that is spilled out on forums like this. The bastards allways go for the easiest target.

spidermom

MY OP was NOT a dig at teachers...just the muppetery of the UNIONS....classic spin and tripe from THEM...they led a merry dance on state boards...in Fas...on junkets....the CR*P that they lead their members inot is unbelievable.....wake up please.
I'm PS....non- union...cos of the direction the unions were taking and failing to fight the real fight. Wish to God others would to!...and yes...I do get snookered at times because of union stances....and it brings me up against my colleagues...but I'm not blackballed or owt like it...!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies