Tullamore Dew whiskey distillery to be set up in...Tullamore

TheYouthVote

New whiskey distillery announced for Tullamore - RT News
''It is estimated that 100 jobs will be created at the construction stage and 15 people will be employed at the new distillery.''

Not too happy that the 50-acre site it's due to be built on is in Clonminch, which is where I live but it'll be good for the town anyway.

Tullamore Dew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Tullamore Dew Heritage Centre was closed in November last year for refurbishment but it's due to reopen during the summer period of 2012.

I'm interested to know what facilitates the dew returning to Tullamore now. The whiskey is currently made in Cork.

Gryire

''It is estimated that 100 jobs will be created at the construction stage and 15 people will be employed at the new distillery.''

Not too happy that the 50-acre site it's due to be built on is in Clonminch, which is where I live but it'll be good for the town anyway.

The Tullamore Dew Heritage Centre was closed in November last year for refurbishment but it's due to reopen during the summer period of 2012.

I'm interested to know what facilitates the dew returning to Tullamore now. The whiskey is currently made in Cork.
100 construction jobs and none of them Irish !!!!!!

Tullamore Tribune - News - UK Contractor Begins Work On New Tullamore Dew Distillery

Gryire

It'll be mostly locals. Main contractors employ very few tradesmen or unskilled labour directly anymore. Only the project management staff will be direct employees.
Might be a few locals. Scottish Engineer. Scottish Archtitect. Northern Ireland steel supplier. All machinary with Scottish registration. Most cars in car park with Scottish Registration.

DaveM

Might be a few locals. Scottish Engineer. Scottish Archtitect. Northern Ireland steel supplier. All machinary with Scottish registration. Most cars in car park with Scottish Registration.
Really? Surprised at that. Tough to be competitive bring plant and labour across from the UK like that. How far progressed is the project?

Socratus O' Pericles

Not too happy that the 50-acre site it's due to be built on is in Clonminch, which is where I live
but it'll be good for the town anyway.

Why are you not too happy?

Gryire

Really? Surprised at that. Tough to be competitive bring plant and labour across from the UK like that. How far progressed is the project?
Started on site about a month ago.

toconn

At present the Tullamore brand is bottled in Clonmel , nearly all the production staff and Engineering staff are Irish. It is certainly against the trend at the moment that a new investment in a distillery or packaging plant is to be located in Ireland . For example Magners / Bulmers have so far cut their production facilities nearly in half with two of their newer filling lines being dismantled and shipped to UK sites so this is better news !

Gryire

At present the Tullamore brand is bottled in Clonmel , nearly all the production staff and Engineering staff are Irish. It is certainly against the trend at the moment that a new investment in a distillery or packaging plant is to be located in Ireland . For example Magners / Bulmers have so far cut their production facilities nearly in half with two of their newer filling lines being dismantled and shipped to UK sites so this is better news !
The project is probably IDA / Enterprise Ireland supported. Grants would have been avaialble on the basis of 100 construction jobs and full time employment thereafter!!!

Little_Korean

Which is recommended to anyone who find themselves in Tullamore.

Good selection of whiskey samples at the end, too.

toconn

The project is probably IDA / Enterprise Ireland supported. Grants would have been avaialble on the basis of 100 construction jobs and full time employment thereafter!!!
Could be though Grants are a profitable company and would see Tullamore Dew as a premium brand for them mainly in the export market

stanley

Could it be that the plant is a Distillery/Packaging refurb from Scotland ?

Gryire

As far as I know it is a new plant with latest technology (more automation, less jobs).

toconn

I heard it is new plant ! I work in connection with the bottling packaging from an engineering point of view . Nearly all the machinery and equipment will be German or Italian that's for sure , they dominate so they will likely install using German , Italian or UK labour.

tipp revolution

Tullamore is a town badly in need of a tourist/ manufacturing boost. Good luck to the project and more indigenous industries please.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom