Tusker Rock Aer Lingus Viscount Crash 1968-Massive Cover Up

Wagmore

Will try and post later but Newstalk carried an excellent doc on the crash on The Pat Kenny Show over the last few days.Think it was made by a grandson of one of the victims.Final section was broadcast today and it reached some incredibly shameful conclusions. It was before my time but the story I grew up with pointed to rogue British missile or mid-air collision.Turns out this was complete baloney.The documentary points to an inquiry that covered up the fact that maintenance records that went missing.Also,, bizarrely, nunerousvisual accounts from various civilians who saw the plane in distrress for a 30minute death spiral were collectively dismissed because they discounted the official transcript from Shannon that stated doomed plane had been flying at 15,000ft.Turns out that couldn't have happened.Epic cover-up.Actually suggests there's a bleedin Deep State operating in this kip.Think it was 68 dead and some ****************************** decided that the little people couldn't be told the truth.Truly scandalous and merits further examination?Well worth a listen.Is on Newstalk website

Sync

Could you not apologise for the OP? It's gibberish.

Jack Walsh

Apologies in advance if there's another thread
No there isn't another thread, not that I know of, but who knows for sure.
The Deep State may have removed it

You could keep Raytex in business on your own Wag

Lúidín

I believe the plane was shot down by a Russian missile. I believe that. I really do.

So what steps is our Government taking to condemn this Russian attack and to seek compensation? The Taoiseach's friends, Macron and Trudeau, will no doubt also believe that the Russians did it, if they are approached. Britain should also be prepared to believe it, as Ireland has believed Britain's line in the spy poisoning case.

Wagmore

You all wouldn't be so flippant if you listened to documentary in full.In the official inquiry the eyewitness accounts of numerous witnesses were dismissed because their account didn't tally with Official Ireland's press release. Easy known, nobody had a relative on the plane.You'd feel differently if you had.

Dasayev

I didn't hear this, but what is the suggestion?

Did the plane make radio contact to report a problem or was the radio non-operational for the 30 minutes?

Wagmore

No there isn't another thread, not that I know of, but who knows for sure.
The Deep State may have removed it

You could keep Raytex in business on your own Wag
Listen to documentary and then get back to me.I know you don't do embarrassment but you really should start thinking about it

Wagmore

I didn't hear this, but what is the suggestion?

Did the plane make radio contact to report a problem or was the radio non-operational for the 30 minutes?
Plane reported a problem but it was late 60's so no black box-no major investigation.Just the cover-up.

Last edited:

Jack Walsh

You all wouldn't be so flippant if you listened to documentary in full.In the official inquiry the eyewitness accounts of numerous witnesses were dismissed because their account didn't tally with Official Ireland's press release. Easy known, nobody had a relative on the plane.You'd feel differently if you had.
One of my friend's in secondary school father perished
I never heard him utter a word that he gave an iota of belief that it was anything other than a lousy unfortunate random tragedy

He doesn't waste his life like you indulging in conspiracy theories on everything
"The Deep State"
ffs , what next ?
Soros?

Wagmore

Could you not apologise for the OP? It's gibberish.
Thought you were better than that.Was a serious business.Listen to documentary.Otherwise best ease up on derision---doesn't become you.

Wagmore

One of my friend's in secondary school father perished
I never heard him utter a word that he gave an iota of belief that it was anything other than a lousy unfortunate random tragedy

He doesn't waste his life like you indulging in conspiracy theories on everything
"The Deep State"
ffs , what next ?
Soros?
Guaranteed he won't feel like that if he listens to documentary I never said it wasn't an accident.What I did say was that there had to be a major cover up of what caused it.Fact

McTell

Twitter
No
Will try and post later but Newstalk carried an excellent doc on the crash on The Pat Kenny Show over the last few days.//

I heard this, great report Pat.

As a child a lot of people were told that the royal navy had used the hapless viscount as ideal missile target practice. Where did that story come from? Usual pub guesswork.

Turns out the air traffic control, and aer lingus (both then state owned) colluded in a cover up. 47 witnesses on the ground were ignored. The plane had been roaring up and down the coast of waterford and wexford out of control for 30 mins, including a steep dive, quite close to the ground.

Official version was that it dropped from 17,000 ft - about 5 000 metres - like a stone, all over in 10 minutes. Most likely cause was bad maintenance or metal fatigue.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies