• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

TUV councillor accused of child abuse suspended from party

eskrimador

Further to the thread I posted on Tuesday ( after reporting restrictions were lifted on the ongoing trial), TUV councillor David Tweed has been suspended from the party. The party is keen to emphasise thatbthisnis standard policy for any member accused of a crown offence.

Mr Teeedy has been accused of abusing 2 young girls over an 8 year period,none of whom testified today that she had kept notes over the period of her abuse.

David Tweed suspended from TUV while on sex charges trial - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter

As of yet, I cannot find the reason why the judge granted/enforced a reporting ban up until this Tuesday but I'd be intrigued to know on what gtounds.

Aristodemus

What relevance is there to the fact that he is a "TUV Councillor"?

eskrimador

Levellers

As much as I dislike the sectarian bigot he should not have been named until he is found guilty.

eskrimador

As much as I dislike the sectarian bigot he should not have been named until he is found guilty.
Well, the man had no issue with spouting off unfounded nonsense, including blaming Michael Mc Ilveen's catholic upbringing for his death. Google it. The man is disgusting.

Last edited:

Glenshane4

If he is found guilty. In cases where the procecution witnesses (i.e. the alleged victims) are not named, the dedendant should not be named. There should be level playing fields.

Aristodemus

Well, the man had no issue with spouted off unfounded nonsense, including blaming Michael Mc Ilveen's catholic upbringing for his death. Google it. The man is disgusting.
Not wishing to be flippant but that lad was murdered because he was a Catholic so Tweed has a point.

eskrimador

Not wishing to be flippant but that lad was murdered because he was a Catholic so Tweed has a point.
I said to Google it

"The family of murdered Ballymena teenager Michael McIlveen have expressed concern at comments made by a DUP councillor at a council meeting.

The DUP’s Davy Tweed had said he “questioned the upbringing” of 15-year-old Michael who died last month, a day after an attack in Ballymena which police have said was sectarian.

Mr Tweed also claimed “people associated with the family” had since intimidated Protestants in the town and that Protestant students were scared to go to school and in some cases had been told “they’ll be taken off the school bus and have their throats cut”.

2006 June 08 « SAOIRSE32

Levellers

Well, the man had no issue with spouted off unfounded nonsense, including blaming Michael Mc Ilveen's catholic upbringing for his death. Google it. The man is disgusting.
That's why I used the words 'sectarian bigot'.

eskrimador

Glenshane4

Is it true that he has a sister who married a Catholic? If so, does anyone know how he behaved towards that sister?

pippakin

Teedy sounds a nasty piece of work politically. As far as I know he has not yet been found guilty of sexual abuse and that is important because the crime carries such a stigma that if he is innocent there may be some who will think there is no smoke without fire.

dunno

Could there be a connection between political headbangery and touching children or other sexual perversions? I think there might.

eskrimador

Interesting that Tweed also obtained a reporting ban on the same charge some years ago. a charge he was found innocent of.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies