TV3 news say war in FF behind scenes

Northtipp

they say war over M Martin attempting to take leadership from Lenihan.

eoghanacht

Take leadership from Lenihan?

Why have they shot Cowen?

Northtipp

Take leadership from Lenihan?

Why have they shot Cowen?
ursula Halligan saying deal between Martin and Cowen to allow Martin leadership later if he supports Cowen now. However she says Lenihan camp will move the week to challebge Cowen

Northtipp

that ursula again she's awful obsessed with inside baseball, i find it disgusting, she truly is inept how did she ever get to be their chief political reporter
she appeared well briefed and if I was a guessing man I would say by the Lenihan camp. Interesting one!

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
Lenihan to Challenge Cowen This Week - TV3

Ursula "Cancer Scoop" Halligan is getting in there first again, describing her own story as "incredible", but claiming that Lenihan will challenge Biffo after the budget this week. She also claims that Cowen has done a deal with Micheal Martin where Cowen wull support Martin (kiss of death?) as leader into the next election, but not just yet, in return for which Martin will not mount a challenge; in stating his intent, however, he makes sure that all comers - in particular Lenihan - will know they'll have a fight on their hands.

Strangely no word yet on Hanafin...watch this space, I guess.

turdsl

Sounds great, Let Fianna Fail tear what is left of itself to death.

Last edited:

eoinquilter

I can just picture the inside of the Fianna Fail bunker. All in darkness and tossing coins tp see who replaces Cowen. Martin wants it but won't push for it because there isn't a vacancy, Hanafin wants it but there isn't a vacancy and Lenihan wants it but probably doesn't realise that there's even a leadership contest taking place. They'll probably end up with Wee Willie in charge and some backbencher bellowing from the podium "You can have Lenihan but you won't have Fianna Fail"!!!

And the saddest part is, this ************************e is being talked about when the Budget is tommorrow. This shower of gombeens would fail to finish a game of snap

Danny10

She seems very well briefed alright.
Looks like a split could be in the offing for Fianna Fáil.. Interesting stuff.

The many predictions on here about the 'Fianna Fail era' ending may be correct.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Apparently Martin will let Biffo lead FF into the GE abyss and will delay a leadership-bid until then. The crisis was well underway before Lenihan became Finance Minister and as such, less blame attaches to him than Cowen. He was wrong to support the Croke Park sellout though and even Joan Burton was expressing disappointment at the progress in implementing the reforms on TWIP last night. While FF are doomed under any leader, I think Lenihan as leader would save a couple of FF seats for the aforementioned reasons, despite the IMF humiliation. In fact, the IMF plan contains many measures that have been desperately needed for years, like reining in public-sector waste and opening the shelters to competition like in the legal-profession, GPs etc.

liamfoley

Is Brian Lenihan a serious contender? His health was a major story just a year ago. While I wish him well the symbolism in choosing a man in declining health is not something Fianna Fail want surrounding them as they go into an election.

ellie08

Is Brian Lenihan a serious contender? His health was a major story just a year ago. While I wish him well the symbolism in choosing a man in declining health is not something Fianna Fail want surrounding them as they go into an election.
I would have though Minister Martin would be in no fit state either given his recent bereavement. I don't think I could cope at all given what he's gone through.

Doora

Martin, Lenihan fighting over a dead carcass - who cares. These individuals will have no say on how the country is run after the election.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies