• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Tweet From A Twatter

vivabrigada

Sword of Gideon

Outlining others' sectarianism & racism does not make one a bigot or racist ...
Maybe you should look up the meaning of "bigot" a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

does that not describe your views on unionism and the OO?

AhNowStop

Maybe you should look up the meaning of "bigot" a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

does that not describe your views on unionism and the OO?
It describes perfectly my views on bigots & racists ... I am indeed intolerant to them !!

AhNowStop

Last edited:

Sword of Gideon

Eh, no it doesnt ...

bigot Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

bigot
noun

a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life:
a religious bigot
"He was known to be a loud-mouthed, opinionated bigot".

You'll recognise the last sentence quite well I think :cool:
I think you try a proper dictionary, such as the OED with 21,000 pages, not a free one with only 1,800 pages and one definition for each word, one that uses the correct definition and not one manufactured by its writers, who also give their own slant on its use, such as "loud mothed, opinionated"
Bigot has a number of meanings, but you will not realise that a word can have more than one meaning.for example look up "Tosser" in your Cambridge dicitionary.

A bigot is a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, especially on religion and politics.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

a person who is extremely intolerant of another's creed, belief, or opinion.

Mickeymac

[video=youtube;z-CqFh7xvDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-CqFh7xvDQ[/video]

AhNowStop

I think you try a proper dictionary, such as the OED with 21,000 pages, not a free one with only 1,800 pages and one definition for each word, one that uses the correct definition and not one manufactured by its writers, who also give their own slant on its use, such as "loud mothed, opinionated"
Bigot has a number of meanings, but you will not realise that a word can have more than one meaning.for example look up "Tosser" in your Cambridge dicitionary.

A bigot is a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, especially on religion and politics.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Oh dear God you're hard work fella ... why do you and a few other loyalists on here seem to be fixated with focusing on pedantics instead of the actual issues ?

Could it be because youse can do no better than constantly deflect and divert .. away from the real issues where you know your arguments don't stand up..

Better to focus on stupid infantile plays on words, which everyone knows are pathetic btw, than talk about anything meaningful.....It's an incredibly childish way to be but I don't think you're capable of any better ... prove me wrong please ?

Btw, racists & bigots know who they are ... it's not unreasonable to detest them ... and doing that does not make one a bigot ya eejit :-/...

AhNowStop

Oxy, it is hard to discuss anything with you because you cannot define what you are arguing about.
Ha, jeez how much more of an explanation do you want ?

Let me try again .... I said I detest bigots & racists at which point you called me a bigot .... (for detesting racists & bigots ffs)

Being a normal human being I obviously oppose that opinion as I believe that racism & bigotry are both "unreasonable" sets of beliefs ... which should be opposed, and opposed without subsequently being called a bigot for said opposition which is quite "reasonable" ...

How the feck can I define my argument any more than that ....
So, I presume you do grasp this but you're just being deliberately obtuse again ... you can't be that thick surely ???

More deflection yeah Soggy?

mac tíre

You are not helping yourself here, SOG.

vivabrigada

Irish News now reporting that there was nothing found.

vivabrigada

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies