Two more spurious prosecutions for sex offences fail in the UK.

raetsel

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
9,083
Two further sex offence prosecutions have failed spectacularly this week including the trial in London of Richard Holden, a former Tory special adviser to Michael Fallon, who was acquitted in under an hour, such was the weakness of the case against him. In another horrific case in Nottingham, a 53 year old man spent 8 months in prison on a rape charge despite the police having clear evidence on the accuser's mobile phone, which they didn't look at, which exonerated him ultimately.

Ex-special adviser to former defence secretary cleared... | Daily Mail Online
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/964309/police-falsely-accuse-man-of-rape-robert-Adlington

Following his arrest Mr Adlington, left, who had never previously been in trouble with police, begged officers to check his accuser’s phone insisting her messages would completely exonerate him.
Despite he and his lawyer being told that phones had already been seized during his first interview their contents were withheld for months.
In one racy message sent after an encounter which she later claimed had been rape the woman wrote: “Oh darling, that was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. Let’s do it again – only harder.”

In another she begged him to “join me in the shower” while another message said: “I don’t need sleep, I only need you babe XXX”.
It is now becoming increasingly clear that the UK policing policy of always believing the accuser is sex offence cases has been an absolute disaster and has resulted in innocent victims and their families suffering dreadful injustices as a result of police stupidity. As a result of the policy British police conduct enquiries into sexual offence allegations with the emphasis on proving the accusation rather than objectively looking for the truth.
Richard Holden expressed anger yesterday at his treatment. In his case he was prosecuted for a sexual assault at a party where numerous other people were present, and one of the people cited as a witness by the accuser completely contradicted her claims.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/25/mps-ex-aide-subjected-cruel-public-shaming-jury-take-less-hour/
A former special adviser to Sir Michael Fallon who was acquitted of sexual assault has said he was cruelly and publicly shamed during a trial that he claims should never have come to court.

Richard Holden said it was a "travesty" that the case against him had been pursued and it added to concerns about the actions of the police and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
Although only a small minority of people will ever face these kind of allegations it proves that nobody in the UK is now safe from having their lives ruined by the very people they expect to protect them.
 


Prester Jim

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
9,978
Nightmare for those involved.
 

Dame_Enda

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 14, 2011
Messages
54,468
There is a radical feminist agenda going on in these UK rape trials, where a lot of innocent men are being prosecuted on the basis of very weak evidence and in some cases evidence suppression. During the Cameron era, hardline feminists (of the manhating kind) were encouraged to join the party, and this is the longterm consequence of that. A lot of innocent men's lives have been destroyed, with the help of the tabloid press exploiting laws that deny anonymity to an accused even if they have not been charged. Irish law is fairer.
 

midlander12

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
5,966
Shortly after the Weinstein affair broke, there were weeks of speculation of a major Westminster sexual harassment scandal about to break. I presume these two cases were by-products of that hysteria. Little else has come from it - one Welsh Labour politician committed suicide and we still don't know why, and I think one or two more are still under investigation.
 

Trainwreck

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
26,416
Shortly after the Weinstein affair broke, there were weeks of speculation of a major Westminster sexual harassment scandal about to break. I presume these two cases were by-products of that hysteria. Little else has come from it - one Welsh Labour politician committed suicide and we still don't know why, and I think one or two more are still under investigation.

And the lynching of Morgan Freeman now. Those "shocking crimes" are on video tape. From a public interview. And are perhaps inappropriate, but not sexual harassment in any sense of the word.


This #meetoo movement is now a witch hunt and game for all man hating crazies and ambitious publicity hungry women to seize upon
 

JimmyFoley

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
9,475
But "trained lawyer" The Eagle Of The Ninth repeatedly told us that no woman would EVER make a false allegation of rape against a man....so I'm confused.
 

Herr Rommel

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 28, 2016
Messages
9,067
But "trained lawyer" The Eagle Of The Ninth repeatedly told us that no woman would EVER make a false allegation of rape against a man....so I'm confused.
By trained lawyer you mean wine expert.
 

fergal1790

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
1,743
These cases show more of a laziness and can't be bothered attitude by the English Police rather than any other agenda like believing rape victims regardless of the evidence as in the second case they hadn't even looked at the evidence!

this is the same attitude the Cúnts showed in the 60s 70s and 80s against Irish people whenever there was a bombing or whenever a poor paddy was in front of them as a suspect, they made the suspect fit the crime, instead of looking for the real Birmingham bombers they beat up and locked up 6 innocent people and did the same in countless other cases.
 

JimmyFoley

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
9,475
These cases show more of a laziness and can't be bothered attitude by the English Police rather than any other agenda like believing rape victims regardless of the evidence as in the second case they hadn't even looked at the evidence!

this is the same attitude the Cúnts showed in the 60s 70s and 80s against Irish people whenever there was a bombing or whenever a poor paddy was in front of them as a suspect, they made the suspect fit the crime, instead of looking for the real Birmingham bombers they beat up and locked up 6 innocent people and did the same in countless other cases.
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The police chief over there admitted as much.

The policy has been 'we won't investigate the possibility that a woman lied'.
 

Kilbarry

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
3,187
Former Tory MP Harvey Proctor sues accuser and Scotland Yard for £1m

This is from another thread (re Cliff Richard) - one victim fights back!

Interesting example of how people get falsely accused of child sex abuse.
Former Tory MP Harvey Proctor was the ONLY victim of "Operation Midland" who was NOT a very high ranking establishment figure. The others were the former home secretary Leon Brittan, the former prime minister Edward Heath, the former chief of defence staff Lord Bramall, the former director of the Secret Intelligence Service Maurice Oldfield, and Michael Hanley, the former Director-General of MI5. In contrast Harvey Proctor never achieved Ministerial rank or similar BUT he had been forced to resign his seat in Parliament in 1987 due to a high profile sex scandal. In other words he was a "celebrity" of sorts - and that's why he attracted the attention of the nutcases!

Anyway he is suing now and best of luck to him:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/04/harvey-proctor-sues-accuser-nick-scotland-yard/

Former Tory MP Harvey Proctor sues accuser and Scotland Yard for £1m
Harvey Proctor, the former Tory MP, who was falsely accused of child rape and murder by a fantasist called Nick, is suing him and Scotland Yard for £1 million. The 71-year-old, who lost his home and his job, as a result of the malicious allegations, has launched a claim for damages in the High Court.

His legal action could see Nick - whose real identity cannot be revealed for legal reasons - have to give evidence in open court for the first time about the extraordinary false claims that traduced the reputations of a string of high profile figures.

Mr Proctor - who represented the constituency of Basildon between 1979 and 1983 and Billericay between 1983 and 1987 - was one of a number of well known men accused of being part of a VIP paedophile ring operating at the heart of Westminster......
 

rainmaker

Administrator
Joined
Mar 26, 2012
Messages
22,997
There is a radical feminist agenda going on in these UK rape trials...
Utter stupidity.

The problem is we are in a post Savile climate and no one from the Police, the CPS or the Courts want to risk being accused of being part of a cover up by not prosecuting an accusation. So now they send them all to a Jury to decide.

It's over compensation.
 

JimmyFoley

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
9,475
Utter stupidity.

The problem is we are in a post Savile climate and no one from the Police, the CPS or the Courts want to risk being accused of being part of a cover up by not prosecuting an accusation. So now they send them all to a Jury to decide.

It's over compensation.
That's certainly part of it, but the head of the Met admitted a few months back that every complaint is treated as gospel. So even cases that could never be included in the 'possible cover ups' folder were brought to court when clearly there was no need.
 

Kilbarry

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
3,187
That's certainly part of it, but the head of the Met admitted a few months back that every complaint is treated as gospel. So even cases that could never be included in the 'possible cover ups' folder were brought to court when clearly there was no need.
Exactly. I cant remember all the details now, but there was a case where a well known TV actress claimed she had been sexually assaulted in the middle of a crowded railway station by a man who was walking in the opposite direction to her while carrying a briefcase and a newspaper. The whole episode was captured on CCTV. Due to an unfortunate "mistake" a slowed down version of the CCTV was initially played to the jury which appeared to give a couple of extra seconds during which the assault could have occurred - but the jury acquitted in double quick time anyway.

It's difficult to believe that this was an over-reaction to Saville. More like the playing out of a lunatic and dogmatic agenda that says women never lie about sexual assault!
 

Mercurial

Moderator
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
87,189
Most rapists are never convicted. The number of men falsely accused who end up on trial is miniscule.

So you'd have to wonder about the priorities of those who seem intent on exaggerating the extent of false accusations and police misconduct.
 

Seanetta

Active member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
277
Website
www.facebook.com
These cases show more of a laziness and can't be bothered attitude by the English Police rather than any other agenda like believing rape victims regardless of the evidence as in the second case they hadn't even looked at the evidence!

this is the same attitude the Cúnts showed in the 60s 70s and 80s against Irish people whenever there was a bombing or whenever a poor paddy was in front of them as a suspect, they made the suspect fit the crime, instead of looking for the real Birmingham bombers they beat up and locked up 6 innocent people and did the same in countless other cases.
And you think the Irish authorities have always been so clear cut 🙄
 

Kilbarry

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
3,187
Most rapists are never convicted. The number of men falsely accused who end up on trial is miniscule.

So you'd have to wonder about the priorities of those who seem intent on exaggerating the extent of false accusations and police misconduct.
How exactly do you know that "most rapists are never convicted"? Do you know the number of genuine rape cases - or do you just assume that all allegations are true unless the woman is proven to be lying via CCTV?

The British police spent about £2.5 million and 18 months on "Operation Midland". As indicated above the targets were the former home secretary Leon Brittan, the former prime minister Edward Heath, the former chief of defence staff Lord Bramall, the former director of the Secret Intelligence Service Maurice Oldfield, and Michael Hanley, the former Director-General of MI5 and of course an ordinary former Tory MP Harvey Proctor who made the cut because he had once hit the headlines in a genuine sex scandal. Do you think their experience was completely untypical?
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top