• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Two new polls: Behaviour and attitudes and RedC. SF/FF up. FG/Labour down.

InsideImDancing

Two new polls out today - the B&A poll is being discussed elsewhere but I think this is worth a new thread - if not, feel free to merge etc.

B&A/Sunday Times party support.

Fine Gael: 26% (-4%)
Labour: 11% (-1%)
Fianna Fáil: 24% (+2%)
Sinn Féin: 19% (+5%)
Independents/others: 21% (-1%)

RedC/Sunday Business Post party support.

Fine Gael: 28% (no change)
Labour: 11% (-3%)
Fianna Fáil: 21% (+1)
Sinn Féin: 19% (+2%)
Independents/others: 21% (no change)

Two polls show fall in Government party support - RTÉ News

The Sunday Business Post

I've put this in the election forum as I would rather discuss the party support figures in the polls and not get bogged down in the abortion debate - I'm happy to change that if people think it's a good idea.

So FG/Labour are trending down and SF/FF are on the up!

ruserious

There is a quiet crisis in Irish politics. People will have no stomach to vote for any established party. There is definitly room for a new party.

topcat4

Good heavens.

How are FF managing to claw their way back:shock:
FF,s best tactic, just let FG make a bollix of everything.

Seriously though I thought up to now, everything considered, the FG vote was holding up well enough, but these figures will really concern them.

Last edited:

harshreality

FF best tactic, just let FG make a bollix of everything.
Ahhhhh that old gag!

If FF can make a comeback I bet Gary Glitter will feel much more confident about launching a successful comeback tour:)

InsideImDancing

SF are now rising quicker that FF in the polls again, in both polls they have risen more. I wonder could the border poll launch have anything to do with it?

Last edited:

Analyzer

There is a quiet crisis in Irish politics. People will have no stomach to vote for any established party. There is definitly room for a new party.
At least one new party. I reckon we need about three, possibly four new political parties.

sport02

Both set of polls fairly similar. Although both polls show a combined FF and SF have greater support than FG/LAB government. Interesting.

Last edited:

flavirostris

Red C is probably more accurate. FF at 24% seems improbable to say the least. Interesting that both have Labour at 11%.

topcat4

Ahhhhh that old gag!

If FF can make a comeback I bet Gary Glitter will feel much more confident about launching a successful comeback tour:)
Unfortunately its not will FF make a comeback, its how much will they claw back at the next election.

Remember the Irish electorate have the collective memory capacity of a bloody house-fly.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Only one poll counts and it'll happen in 2014, or sooner at this rate.

Hewson

carruthers

FF 24 OR 21%??? Beyond depressing. We're doomed to repeat this boom bust cycle for the rest of our days. It's like supporting cancer.

D

Deleted member 17573

Red C is probably more accurate. FF at 24% seems improbable to say the least. Interesting that both have Labour at 11%.
It's all over Flav - better that you face the reality now while you're still ever so slightly ahead rather than waiting for FG to actually fall below FF.

Cato

The B&A figures on the question of legislating for abortion are interesting and might serve to give a little heart to the FG boys and girls.

ger12

Unfortunately its not will FF make a comeback, its how much will they claw back at the next election.

Remember the Irish electorate have the collective memory capacity of a bloody house-fly.
BS