Two stories in the IT Breaking news

Asparagus

Cowen says four-year plan will bring economic stability - The Irish Times - Thu, Nov 25, 2010

Mr Cowen said publishing the level of adjustments over the next four years would bring certainty and stability. He said the plan would provide a pathway to economic recovery for the country.
Bond yields hit new high - The Irish Times - Thu, Nov 25, 2010
"Relief in the European bond market on the back of Ireland's decision to resort to the EU bailout fund has turned out to be short-lived," Ulrich Wortberg, a fixed-income analyst at Helaba Landesbank Hessen-Thueringen in Frankfurt wrote in a research report today. "Risk premiums are heading higher."

sport02

Brian Cowen and his cabinet are delusional, they are living cuckoo land.
When Jeff Randal of sky news, interviewed Dick Roche a few days ago, he accused Dick of living in LA LA land.

I am embarassed and ashamed of the FF twats running our goverment.

We could do with a FF public execution.

politicaldonations

Sums it all up.
Bank shares are not collapsing today as Eurozone will make bondholders pay something.
Soverign debt rockets up because FF's 4 year plan is seen as not enough.

G

Gimpanzee

The 4 year plan is irrelevant. Nobody is paying any heed to it.

It's all about the stuff that wasn't announced yesterday - the banks. Straws in the wind and the bond prices suggest that maybe, just maybe we might not be on the hook for the full bank cost. Maybe the grown ups have come around and decided that asking little Lenny to clean up the playroom after his playmates wrecked it isn't feasible when they opened the door and saw the sun shining in through the charred embers of the rafters.

I don't see how it will give any kinda of stability to the Irish economy.

Maybe they think that if we wll know how bad the next 4 years will be then we can plan ahead and set our budgets instead of saving contantly.

But the only stability they can give us will only come from an elected government and a solution to the current banking crisis.

Simon.D

The 4 year plan is irrelevant. Nobody is paying any heed to it.

It's all about the stuff that wasn't announced yesterday - the banks. Straws in the wind and the bond prices suggest that maybe, just maybe we might not be on the hook for the full bank cost. Maybe the grown ups have come around and decided that asking little Lenny to clean up the playroom after his playmates wrecked it isn't feasible when they opened the door and saw the sun shining in through the charred embers of the rafters.
+1

Asparagus

I don't see how it will give any kinda of stability to the Irish economy.

Maybe they think that if we wll know how bad the next 4 years will be then we can plan ahead and set our budgets instead of saving contantly.

But the only stability they can give us will only come from an elected government and a solution to the current banking crisis.
Like an anchor it will stop us from rising above the surface of our debt so i guess thats a kind of stability right?

SeanieFitz

until v recently i have tried to he optimistic about Irelands economic future however after yesterdays events i am much less so. the 4 year plan is based on growth! yesterday 3 small businesses closed in my area (that i know of), speak to any retailer of clothing, electrical goods, furniture etc and they are extemely pessimistic
following yesterdays plan i believe that unemployment will hit 500k+ by spring 2011, this years bounce in revenue generated by VAT receipts is due mostly to the car scrappage scheme and i expect that bad debts in credit unions will be a huge problem in 2011! the new bank on the block is Oderest

4 weeks to xmas and even with widespread sales i see no spend, confidence is gone. BOI shares 20c.
i am currently searching blindly for a corner to turn!

Social Conscience

My main point - I have to say I wasnt aware of Belgium in all of this ..

Robut
Ditto to that. The last report I read on Bloomberg said Portugal, Spain, Italy and then France are where the markets were going to hit after been finished with Ireland.

Where exactly have Belgium been hiding - surelt the bigwigs in Brussels haven't been keeping this hush hush??

dakid

Did I just hear Lenny say that Anglo are about to Burn the subordinate bondholders, and with all the talk at lunchtime vis senior bondholders its no wonder the Bond markets are having a fit. Burn them I say, and the Portuguese and Spanish should do the same. They'll be sorry then!

bonkers

ivan yates said on tv3 last night that 90000 jobs in the retail sector will be lost next year.he said this had to be done.its incredible the way these people think.I'm sure hes getting a dail pension.I'm afraid its a major downward spiral for the rest of us.there is very little hope now.my fervent wish now is that all my children emigrate and never come back.

mistercrabs

And look at this story:

Spain, Portugal and Belgium set to follow Ireland as debt crisis threatens euro | Mail Online

"So who's next for financial meltdown? Spain, Portugal and Belgium set to follow Ireland into abyss as debt crisis threatens to destroy the euro"

"Belgium's debt reaches 100% of annual national income"

Robut
This from the Daily Mail. Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

B

Boggle

And look at this story:

Spain, Portugal and Belgium set to follow Ireland as debt crisis threatens euro | Mail Online

"So who's next for financial meltdown? Spain, Portugal and Belgium set to follow Ireland into abyss as debt crisis threatens to destroy the euro"

"Belgium's debt reaches 100% of annual national income"

Robut
I wonder what these countries will have made of Noonans suggestion yesterday that the IMF are more helpful than the ECB?

Might shake them out of their coma and into our corner...

muffin

following yesterdays plan i believe that unemployment will hit 500k+ by spring 2011, this years bounce in revenue generated by VAT receipts is due mostly to the car scrappage scheme and i expect that bad debts in credit unions will be a huge problem in 2011! the new bank on the block is Oderest

4 weeks to xmas and even with widespread sales i see no spend, confidence is gone. BOI shares 20c.
i am currently searching blindly for a corner to turn!
I dont blame you. I was the same, looking for hope. Dont forget that there is another 100,000 out of work that are not eligible for the welfare such as if they are married who's partner is working, self-employed, entreprenuers, hard-earned savers trying to save for their retirements as pension (private sector dont get glamourous pensions like public sector). It already reached over that figure.:eek:

G

Gimpanzee

ivan yates said on tv3 last night that 90000 jobs in the retail sector will be lost next year.he said this had to be done.its incredible the way these people think.I'm sure hes getting a dail pension.I'm afraid its a major downward spiral for the rest of us.there is very little hope now.my fervent wish now is that all my children emigrate and never come back.
Retail is just an intermediary for money being sent out of the country. Like the public service there should never be any more in retail than absolutely needed. Spending €50 on something so a retailer can keep €5 and an employee another €5 while the remainder is spent somewhere between Dublin Port and China is not a clever way to get ourselves out of this hole.

bonkers

Retail is just an intermediary for money being sent out of the country. Like the public service there should never be any more in retail than absolutely needed. Spending €50 on something so a retailer can keep €5 and an employee another €5 while the remainder is spent somewhere between Dublin Port and China is not a clever way to get ourselves out of this hole.
do you mean by this that you have no problem with 90000 losing their jobs?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies