U.S. Presidential Election 2020. Who will Challenge the Donald?

ruserious

Assuming* that the Donald will actually complete a whole term as President, he will face a challenger in 2020.

Early Democrat names being floated to take him on include Cory Booker, Elizabeth Warren and Tulsi Gabbard.

Who do you think will challenge him?

Use this thread to discuss any gossip with regards to the 2020 election.

*Big assumption.

Dame_Enda

I dont think HRCs finished yet. Her supporters are floating a run for NY Mayor. The ego is just too great. The sense of entitlement pumped up from all those paid speeches and getting away with the email stuff.

I think Bernie may give it another go on a "I told you so" ticket.

Having said that I'm certain Corey Booker will run. That speech against Jeff Sessions' confirmation was clearly a grab for the Dem nomination in 2020.

jmcc

Chelsea Clinton? Rachel Maddow? Enda Kenny?

NYCKY

I dont think HRCs finished yet. Her supporters are floating a run for NY Mayor. The ego is just too great. The sense of entitlement pumped up from all those paid speeches and getting away with the email stuff.

Having said that I'm certain Corey Booker will run. That speech against Jeff Sessions' confirmation was clearly a grab for the Dem nomination in 2020.

Hillary joins John McCain and Mitt Romney as a two time loser, that said, McCain is still in the Senate and Romney was a very serious contender for Secretary of State.

I think the NY Mayor thing is kite flying and while she might not want to be finished, I can't see the party giving her another go.

She has a place in history as the first major party female nominee.

ruserious

Hillary joins John McCain and Mitt Romney as a two time loser, that said, McCain is still in the Senate and Romney was a very serious contender for Secretary of State.

I think the NY Mayor thing is kite flying and while she might not want to be finished, I can't see the party giving her another go.

She has a place in history as the first major party female nominee.
Romney was never a serious contender. That was a Trump stunt to publicly embarrass and castrate a potential future challenger who was dissing him in public.

NYCKY

Assuming* that the Donald will actually complete a whole term as President, he will face a challenger in 2020.

Early Democrat names being floated to take him on include Cory Booker, Elizabeth Warren and Tulsi Gabbard.

Who do you think will challenge him?

Use this thread to discuss any gossip with regards to the 2020 election.

*Big assumption.
I think Cory Booker could be looking into it and Warrens time has probably passed. Gabbard could be a dark horse and would appeal to the progressives and the base.

In reality it's probably someone we are not even thinking of now. Ten years ago, few thought America would elect a black President. Up until 10 pm on election night, not many thought Trump would win.

It could be some Governor, that handles a natural disaster/terrorism incident well and gets a national profile or it could be some wealthy businessman like Mark Cuban

NYCKY

Romney was never a serious contender. That was a Trump stunt to publicly embarrass and castrate a potential future challenger who was dissing him in public.

He was, it was Trumps advisors that pushed back ferociously

mossyman

Elizabeth Warren would be great.

mr_anderson

I disagree.
Trump is one person when fighting, but another after he wins.
Take for example his attitude to Hillary.
He went from tagging her 'Crooked Hillary' and leading chants of 'Lock her Up' to :

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with the New York Times. “She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways.” He also said the Clinton Foundation has done “good work.”
Donald Trump won't pursue Hillary Clinton investigations as president - Washington Times

Look at the way he ripped apart his Republican opponents.
How many are now in his cabinet ?

What I suspect Trump was doing was giving Romney a chance.
If Romney publicly admitted he made a mistake and misjudged Trump, he's get a posting.
He obviously chose not to.

Mrwoody

Enda Kenny will have a good chat with Trump of paddys day when handing him the bowl of shamrock and Trump will change his ways Enda knows best.

jmcc

The most dangerous thing for the Democrats is that Trump and co will do a good job and people will be better off than under Obama. The focus on a female candidate rather than the best candidate is repeating the mistake that cost HRC and the Democrats this election.

PeacefulViking

I disagree.
Trump is one person when fighting, but another after he wins.
Take for example his attitude to Hillary.
He went from tagging her 'Crooked Hillary' and leading chants of 'Lock her Up' to :

Donald Trump won't pursue Hillary Clinton investigations as president - Washington Times

Look at the way he ripped apart his Republican opponents.
How many are now in his cabinet ?

What I suspect Trump was doing was giving Romney a chance.
If Romney publicly admitted he made a mistake and misjudged Trump, he's get a posting.
He obviously chose not to.
I don't think he is a magnanimous winner, his first speech as president was quite divisive and he continues to seem outraged that media questions his lies. I think he changes his mind easily, and just as easily changes it back, so that one minute he can like someone and the next minute dislike them.

Fractional Reserve

oh Hillary has not finished ,people who think she is wanna wake up , she is a lethal schemer and ruthless .

New Threads

Most Replies