UCD Student President Katie Ascough faces being Impeached for her Pro Life Stance

Emily Davison

We have a report stating the reason the decision was taken. I refuse to comply with your debating fallacy tactics "but what if..."

If It was reported she had pulled an ad. for a group campaigning on the Article 8, I would agree the protest and calls to impeach had some justification.

But this isn't the case, and by your obfuscation, you effectively admit the same. You can address the salient point "is impeachment action warranted for an official pulling something they have been advised is illegal"? Or you can keep schtum.
Explain why Katie Iona Ascough has refused to let the other student union officers see the legal advice?

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough sought legal advice.

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough took this decision without informing her fellow officers.

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough didn't consult the students.

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough didn't stand aside for this contentious issue when she promised in relation to this issue to be netural.

D

Deleted member 17573

Removing an ad you disagree with is not exercising freedom of speech, it's denying it.

Lying to the membership of a union in order to get elected is not exercising free speech, it's lying.

Openly calling for the removal of a liar from office is, on the other hand, exercising freedom of speech.
She removed an ad that was illegal.

ger12

How much could it have cost if she'd left it in?
Nothing if it was ignored as it has been to date, a fortune if someone decided to take an action.

Emily Davison

Keep calling people in Public Life 'liars' could see you before the Courts my dear

- for Libel

I suggest you remove or change your post above ASAP
Yeah right. Why do you think the students are so cross. Fool me once....

Trainwreck

Do you consider voting on her behaviour to be undemocratic, if that's what the membership want?
The movement behind the impeachment and its actions is dishonest and nefarious and ultimately undermining of democracy.

GDPR

This is about trying to shut someone up because they have views some people (liberals my arse) don't like.

Hopefully there'll be enough people, not all necessarily of a pro life view, but simply of some principle, to oppose this snowflake fascism.

artfoley56

but why did there have to be an abortion cover on the damned thing in the first place?

why wasn't there information about protection and the salient advice of "if youre going to fnck, take precautions or you'll be getting an abortion"

Catalpast

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough has refused to let the other student union officers see the legal advice?

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough sought legal advice.

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough took this decision without informing her fellow officers.

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough didn't consult the students.

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough didn't stand aside for this contentious issue when she promised in relation to this issue to be netural.
Link please?

razorblade

Im pro choice myself but i also believe in free speech i dont think its fair someone should lose their position purely on an opinion they hold, maybe its because she lied about her real intentions but something more sinister could well be at play here.

Emily Davison

That's bollox and you know it.

She's pro life and some of them are not happy with that.

Directly contradicted by the fact the students were magnanimous and elected her in the first place. But you and the others choose to ignore that salient fact.

ShoutingIsLeadership

How did she manage to get elected in the first place, if her anti-abortion views are so offensive to the pro-choice side?

Emily Davison

Link please?
You think I haven't been following this story. Go find your own link, it's in the papers from about a month ago. Every point of what I posted was reported. I have no reason to make things up. In addition I debated it on here on one of the abortion threads at the time.

livingstone

but why did there have to be an abortion cover on the damned thing in the first place?

why wasn't there information about protection and the salient advice of "if youre going to fnck, take precautions or you'll be getting an abortion"
Do you have some information that there was no guidance on safe sex in there? Can you link to that?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies