UCD Student President Katie Ascough faces being Impeached for her Pro Life Stance

ger12

Emily Davison

Nothing if it was ignored as it has been to date, a fortune if someone decided to take an action.
Not true. The maximum fine was half the reprinting costs.

GDPR

Directly contradicted by the fact the students were magnanimous and elected her in the first place. But you and the others choose to ignore that salient fact.
And you know they were the same people who voted for her that signed this nonsense, do you?

Try thinking first.

Emily Davison

How did she manage to get elected in the first place, if her anti-abortion views are so offensive to the pro-choice side?

I wouldn't see anything odd in that, one presumes the students thought she'd make a great president, from what I read she has been a good president. But she did make an election promise to remain neutral on this one issue.

brughahaha

Its student politics .....makes P.ie look like a model of free thought and tolerance ...

Todays snowflakes cant handle anyone who disagrees with them, any challenge to their beliefs and wont brook any opposition to their simplistic black and white narrative ...this we've known for quite some time.

Who is suprised ?...who cares ? ....most of them will march whinge and shout ...but vote ...probably not :roll:

Leave them and Ivana to their echo chamber ......

The_SR

She is being impeached for costing her union 8k and reneging on an explicit election promise not to intervene in the abortion policy. She tried to hide her Iona links on election, the college rag uncovered it.

There was a time when the Union was prepared to fight on these issues - even when threatened legally.

Catalpast

You think I haven't been following this story. Go find your own link, it's in the papers from about a month ago. Every point of what I posted was reported. I have no reason to make things up. In addition I debated it on here on one of the abortion threads at the time.
Ok so you haven't got Link

I see where you coming from so...

ger12

What sort of fortune? How much more than the €8k it cost to reprint?
I'm presuming they'd want to fight it if after-all they believe it was legal (not likely). A fortune in the Four Goldmines.

Emily Davison

How did she manage to get elected in the first place, if her anti-abortion views are so offensive to the pro-choice side?

I wouldn't see anything odd in that, one presumes the students thought she'd make a great president, from what I read she has been a good president. But she did make an election promise to remain neutral on this one issue.

Trainwreck

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough has refused to let the other student union officers see the legal advice? Show even reports of this

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough sought legal advice. Because she suspected it might be illegal? (as I would) D'oh

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough took this decision without informing her fellow officers. Show even reports of this

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough didn't consult the students. Are "the students" doubling jobbing as High Court Judges?

Explain why Katie Iona Ascough didn't stand aside for this contentious issue when she promised in relation to this issue to be netural. Because there is no conflict when simply following the law?

I know you think this was a hard hitting post, but it just comes across as dumb as a bag of bricks.

Emily Davison

The movement behind the impeachment and its actions is dishonest and nefarious and ultimately undermining of democracy.
I would respectfully suggest it's democracy in action.

ger12

Trainwreck

Not running an ad, that she has been advised contains illegal content = not be neutral.

FFS you are doing yourself a disservice with these posts.

ger12

Emily Davison

I know you think this was a hard hitting post, but it just comes across as dumb as a bag of bricks.

I've no problem being called dumb. But I wasn't the dumb one in this caboodle. Someone thought they were oh so clever isn't that right Tom Ascough and Iona. Thought you'd easily get one over on the dumb students. Well thanks to you guys the students have woken up.

Betson

There was a time when the Union was prepared to fight on these issues - even when threatened legally.
So you are saying they should have ignored the possible legal ramifications , that is a huge 180 on your opinion in the Harvey Weinstein thread here were you seemed to support the decision to try and shut down discussion on that subject because of possible(but very improbable) legal ramifications.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies