• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

UI poll - County by county breakdown

Dame_Enda

% of people who would vote to remain in the UK (Page 20) - thanks to politics.ie member who posted this info:

Belfast City: 60%
Greater Belfast: 77%
Down: 66%
Armagh: 64%
Tyrone + Fermanagh: 53%
Derry: 55%
Antrim: 84%

---
Is repartition a possibility based on this? It remains a possibility based on this that Derry, Fermanagh-Tyrone could vote for a UI in a referendum in the future. If so would you support repartition?

ffc

% of people who would vote to remain in the UK (Page 20) - thanks to politics.ie member who posted this info:

---
Is repartition a possibility based on this? It remains a possibility based on this that Derry, Fermanagh-Tyrone could vote for a UI in a referendum in the future. If so would you support repartition?
Don't see why not, the unionists could hardly complain as their statelet is based on the same principle. You could even divide Belfast, like Berlin, with safe passage corridors for Irish Republicans to travel back and forth.

RahenyFG

Armagh or just South Armagh should definitely be in the Republic. Even unionist politicians would prefer if it weren't in the six county state. Bandit Country-The IRA in South Armagh is a fascinating insight into South Armagh and the republican activities that have occurred through the years.

between the bridges

Don't see why not, the unionists could hardly complain as their statelet is based on the same principle. You could even divide Belfast, like Berlin, with safe passage corridors for Irish Republicans to travel back and forth.
Ah the old partition didn't work, but re-partition will argumentation?!! get a life...

Ireniall

---
Really redivision is something to consider only if it was decided that it would do some good by getting a particularly unhappy minority out of where they dont want to be or some other such thing.Some of the northern posters on here seem to be saying that in the mixed areas the Catholics are quite happy to be British whereas in the strongly Catholic areas they have remained Irish.So maybe a peaceful repartition would have some merits-it's very hard to get excited about though but in the clear light of the decline of an interest in a UI among many Catholics it would really be up to the others to decide to simply give up on the idea and accept permanent partition and go for redivision.I dont see it but maybe.

RedCloud

Armagh or just South Armagh should definitely be in the Republic. Even unionist politicians would prefer if it weren't in the six county state. Bandit Country-The IRA in South Armagh is a fascinating insight into South Armagh and the republican activities that have occurred through the years.
I think you mean cowardly murders.

Yes to abortions, this gombeen just made my mind up :)

RahenyFG

If the Border Commission of the 1920s only functioned properly, Fermanagh, Tyrone, South Armagh, South Down and Derry City would rightfully have been put in the Free State. Parts of East Donegal and North Monaghan with protestant majorities would have gone to Northern Ireland.

RahenyFG

I think you mean cowardly murders.
I'm not a gombeen as I didn't say I agreed with these cowardly murders you talk about, more that the book is an interesting read regardless of it highlighting republicanism.

Yes to abortions, this gombeen just made my mind up :)
Also I thought unionists were strongly right wing?

between the bridges

The british miltary certainly didn't think the boys in South Armagh were cowardly, quite the opposite in fact.
Indeed one so much more admires a brave murderer compared to a cowardly murderer...

between the bridges

I'm not a gombeen as I didn't say I agreed with these cowardly murders you talk about, more that the book is an interesting read regardless of it highlighting republicanism.

LOl you have soft, hardliner,left, centre and right unionists the only bond is unionism...

InsideImDancing

---
Mate, it is insane to base a poll of 1000 people on anything, while rejecting hundreds of thousands of votes in election after election. A poll carried out in the middle of a financial crisis, that asks how people would vote tomorrow morning.

between the bridges

I don't support anyone being killed bridges, but that doesn't mean that creating a false narrative is the way to go.
Any narrative that presents the terrorists* in a 'noble' light is false...

*any or all

between the bridges

RedCloud

Activities cannot be substituted for cowardly murderers, you fecking gombeen.

YES to abortion.........less kiddies for you religious nutjobs to fiddle with. :(

J

Johnny Boy

In answer to the question posed in the OP, the answer is no. It would be very unfair to those nationalists left behind to again become a minority on such a scale as to leave them open to a new era of discrimination and be treated with renewed contempt. An interesting insight into the minds of unionists was highlighted in the poll. The fact that unionists apparently overwhelmingly feel a huge sense of grievance that they cannot have their flag lording it over Belfast's Catholic half of the population all year gives some indication of the breathtaking sense of entitlement which they still have. Belfast was the only major city in the UK which had this policy prior to December but was also the city which had the biggest opposition to it, yet they were unwilling to compromise in any way. It is an indication of how Catholics would be treated in the event that they again became a25% minority once again. The reality is that Catholics presently see their rising status and the fact that they will soon be a majority here, as more important. As I've often said previously even if unity never comes NI will eventually come to resemble the Republic eventually than any other part of the UK as time passes.