• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

UK City Of Culture Flagship 12th

between the bridges

“Flagship status is granted through the NITB and it will help attract tourists into the City that day and in the days beforehand, which will give traders a financial boost,” he said.

Mr Wray said the City Grand Lodge was expecting around five thousand people to take part in the parade in the old city of Londonderry.

“We are very upbeat about all the events this year and we hope that every section of the community can buy into this event, especially now that it is a Flagship Twelfth,” he said.
Flagship status for 2013 Twelfth in City - Local - Londonderry Sentinel

Excellent that the first day of the cultural parading season is marked by the NITB decision to grant flagship status to the London-derry 12th July, (another big day out for my mate IID.)Welcome news given that last years season inculding covenant 100th celebrations helped to boost NI's hotel occupancy by 13% (rest of the UK averaged a 1.5% decrease) and that the season boosted NI's economy by an estimated 65 million.

We can also add in 80 quid for my new boots!!

M

moderateeastlderryunionis

Excellent that the first day of the cultural parading season is marked by the NITB decision to grant flagship status to the London-derry 12th July, (another big day out for my mate IID.)Welcome news given that last years season inculding covenant 100th celebrations helped to boost NI's hotel occupancy by 13% (rest of the UK averaged a 1.5% decrease) and that the season boosted NI's economy by an estimated 65 million.

I attend the twelth for social reasons, like a considerable amount of people, I dont attend for political nor religious reasons like most republicans believe. I am definitly not in a minority here when i say that the twelth is an important and crucial date for businesses around Northern Ireland

Legolas

I attend the twelth for social reasons, like a considerable amount of people, I dont attend for political nor religious reasons like most republicans believe. I am definitly not in a minority here when i say that the twelth is an important and crucial date for businesses around Northern Ireland
How have you been Frosty?

Northtipp

It's is. Most people bail out of the place and avoid shops and restaurants more than most other days of the year for fear of being caught up i sectarian hatred. And as for social reasons. Give us a break. You lie down with dogs and you get fleas. Wise up!

InsideImDancing

Lol.

Jeppers!

belfast1981

Ah the 12th of July and the annual tradition of me having a lie in, relaxing, doing very little and having a quiet day.

InsideImDancing

Ah the 12th of July and the annual tradition of me having a lie in, relaxing, doing very little and having a quiet day.
Never mind the 12th, it's Paddies tomorrow, a bit of sunshine and we'll be fek'n rocking.

Ahhhhh....:)

Narcissist

I still can't get over Sinn Fein supporting the city of culture bid, I really can't.

They should hang their heads in shame.

M

It's is. Most people bail out of the place and avoid shops and restaurants more than most other days of the year for fear of being caught up i sectarian hatred. And as for social reasons. Give us a break. You lie down with dogs and you get fleas. Wise up!
I come out for the social gathering. I went to belfast last year and couldnt believe the amount of people that were there, I estimated 15.000 on the dublin road, all spending money and enjoying themselves, where there is fun it shall attract people, i was joined by 7 or 8 spanish tourists who were supping harp, i seen many tourists watching the parade. Is what i stated a bad thing? And i am not or never have been called frosty.

Northtipp

I come out for the social gathering. I went to belfast last year and couldnt believe the amount of people that were there, I estimated 15.000 on the dublin road, all spending money and enjoying themselves, where there is fun it shall attract people, i was joined by 7 or 8 spanish tourists who were supping harp, i seen many tourists watching the parade. Is what i stated a bad thing? And i am not or never have been called frosty.
Great. 8 Spaniards in and every catholic out. What school of economics did you attend?

I'd say those from the 36 counties just flock to the place that day to spend their money also. Wise up. Nobody's buying that spin crap.

InsideImDancing

I still can't get over Sinn Fein supporting the city of culture bid, I really can't.

They should hang their heads in shame.
Pragmatism mate, the people in Derry want the investment and they want peace and reconciliation. The diversity is reflected in the organisation of the thing. To Nationalists in Derry it's a celebration of their Irish culture, the all-Ireland fleadth will be very important imo.

I take your point but unity is a non-runner without such thinking outside the box, have a go and see where it takes us is the thinking.

between the bridges

alo zorro, fix up that mask...

InsideImDancing

between the bridges

a rural 12th in a ''nationalist'' town...

[video=youtube_share;HkoEmaqGq2o]http://youtu.be/HkoEmaqGq2o[/video]

[video=youtube_share;kRTKPlt4GRg]http://youtu.be/kRTKPlt4GRg[/video]

M

Great. 8 Spaniards in and every catholic out. What school of economics did you attend?

I'd say those from the 36 counties just flock to the place that day to spend their money also. Wise up. Nobody's buying that spin crap.
You know what? If your not prepared to see a different perception of life and are held back by your own misconceptions that go ahead, be held back. Where the is fun or craic there shall be people, If you believe every catholic in this country is brainwashed to follow your way of thinking you go ahead and think that. You can be a bitter Tw#t all you want, The twelth? It's only a bit of craic

Northtipp

You know what? If your not prepared to see a different perception of life and are held back by your own misconceptions that go ahead, be held back. Where the is fun or craic there shall be people, If you believe every catholic in this country is brainwashed to follow your way of thinking you go ahead and think that. You can be a bitter Tw#t all you want, The twelth? It's only a bit of craic
Now now play nice or I'm telling your Mum frosty. don't be niave. Your attemting to spin OO parades as fun and bringing in income. They are sectarian, bigoted and do nothing but stoke tensions and are an economic liability. Again wise up!