• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

UK drug advisers reject calls for khat ban...

LamportsEdge

They are a bit of a nuisance but the kittens are quite good fun. Seems a bit harsh and sure don't they keeps dogs in jobs.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
When I first heard of it, I was puzzled, cat? Cat? Thought something new had hit the streets. Apparently its one of the most popular drugs in the UK and in many other countries, particularly in East Africa.

I have to admit to being...curious!

zakalwe1

is it a kilkenny thing?

"that new album by 1 direction is just khat"

Mitsui2

When I first heard of it, I was puzzled, cat? Cat? Thought something new had hit the streets. Apparently its one of the most popular drugs in the UK and in many other countries, particularly in East Africa.

Apparently it's has an effect like a very mild cocaine buzz, or way, way, waaaaaaay too much caffeine. People take it to help them work for long periods, but they get very wired and the comedown, it seems, is brutal.

Cassandra Syndrome

NewGoldDream

Website
-
the comedown, it seems, is brutal.
Had read that much alright.

But wondered if that was the reaction of someone who had taken it because they heard it was like coffee, or a more experienced dabbler who would know what a bad comedown was.

ScreeOrTalus

This is good judgement on the part of UK drug advisers: when Muslims reach 40% of the British population they'll look back fondly on this decision.

B

Boggle

Why would you bother banning it? I never heard of the stuff but the publicity in banning it would make it worthwhile for drug dealers to stock and sell it.

Even if it was originally harmless, it certainly wouldn't be by the time criminal gangs are done maximising it's potential.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
This is good judgement on the part of UK drug advisers: when Muslims reach 40% of the British population they'll look back fondly on this decision.
Imagine, dark skinned people on drugs, there could be blood on the streets.

You see, the white man on drugs, he can control himself.

That's your point really, isn't it?

borntorum

In some countries they chew this stuff 24/7. Always high as a result, apparently. In some South American countries coca leaves are legal and chewed or drunk in tea, similar effects.

Of course it should be legal here, but thanks to the authoritarian tag team of Mary Harney and Dermot Ahern, if you want anything stronger than snuff in this country you have to go to your friendly local druglord

borntorum

This thread is really reminding me of Brass Eye

[video=youtube;Xbq3kc29Tmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbq3kc29Tmg[/video]

[video=youtube;igYL5w0ZVc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igYL5w0ZVc8[/video]

NewDawn1

Lol, you still believe muslims are 'dark skinned people'.

One might be forgiven for thinking you work for the otherside with your hilarious reactionary responses. :)

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Lol, you still believe muslims are 'dark skinned people'.
Read it again.

And again.

Has the penny dropped? Do you really think I was giving my opinion in that post?

If so, try it again.

Sheesh, it's not even subtle!

NewDawn1

Read it again.

And again.

Has the penny dropped? Do you really think I was giving my opinion in that post?

If so, try it again.

Sheesh, it's not even subtle!
Ah jaysus!

Mitsui2

Meh, I think you're extending the word "point" way beyond any legitimate use when you apply it to one of Scree's witterings on race, NewGold. Having said which, I've no doubt that's exactly what he's on about.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies