UK family found guilty of enslaving homeless and disabled people

Bertie's Hat

That is my point. We cannot bemoan any media outlet describing them as Irish. We are more than happy to claim people as Irish if the story is a positive one.
Agreed

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Ardillaun

SamsonS

It's unusual to dip a fellow in lemon juice. I'll give you that.
..........we have ways of making u talk! ..........Get me some A4 sheets and a dozen lemons. Nah, not exactly I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Old Mr Grouser

... We are more than happy to claim people as Irish if the story is a positive one.
The Chief Investigating Officer in the case is a Chief Superintendent Nikki Mayo. :p

RTE have just described the criminals as an 'Irish Traveller Family based in England'.

Last edited:

fergal1790

Those Bastards need to be gassed or put in an electric chair, that would sort out all their issues!

Old Mr Grouser

Those Bastards need to be gassed or put in an electric chair, that would sort out all their issues!
No.

What this case does is demonstrate that by and large the unofficial policy of Police and Local Authorities across England has been to proactively ignore Irish Travellers and Irish Traveller sites unless there were complaints from local English people.

The recent cluster of Irish Traveller slavery cases started with the arrest of the Connors family; and that case only arose as a spin-off from an investigation in South Wales regarding a tarmacing scam.

Old Mr Grouser

... One man was given 10 years but the other 9 only got forty years between them, which looks very lenient.
No.

The early reports were misleading.

The sentences were:

- 15 years and six months - 15 years and nine months - seven years - 10 years and nine months - six years and nine months - - five years and 10 months - six years - six years - for a man currently serving a five year prison sentence, six yearsconsecutive to that.

Two others had suspended sentences.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies