UK Housing Benefits Cuts Could Lead to a Benefits Tourist Surge To Ireland

Northsideman

The proposed cuts in UK housing benefits which will if implemented force many people from London and other affluent areas could result in a surge of people relocating to Ireland. We better be prepared.

cedissapointed

UK'ers making another invasion close the ports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

''The proposed cuts in UK housing benefits which will if implemented force many people from London and other affluent areas could result in a surge of people relocating to Ireland. We better be prepared.''

Never seen so many of the dregs of the UK skip over here in my life,i have seen the UK and the utter despair and scumbagery it has to offer i would CLOSE UP THE FREAKIN BORDERS!

We are a small island and from walking down the street every day i can see we are slowly and more slowly coming to full capacity:evil:,our welfare system cannot handle all of this and needs to be reformed:evil: that way there wont be so many of these people coming over.:evil:

They should have a law in place whereby,it would prove difficult for someone to enter ireland,if they did not already have a job or a valid reason to be here,and have it properly enforced.
I have seen some lituanians fighting on our streets in ireland and shouldnt they just be shot like they would do back home?:-x

A view from England

The proposed cuts in UK housing benefits which will if implemented force many people from London and other affluent areas could result in a surge of people relocating to Ireland. We better be prepared.
I'm assuming that those relocating are Irish or of Irish ancestry? Otherwise you are not entitled to Irish welfare, are you?

A view from England

''The proposed cuts in UK housing benefits which will if implemented force many people from London and other affluent areas could result in a surge of people relocating to Ireland. We better be prepared.''

Never seen so many of the dregs of the UK skip over here in my life,i have seen the UK and the utter despair and scumbagery it has to offer i would CLOSE UP THE FREAKIN BORDERS!

We are a small island and from walking down the street every day i can see we are slowly and more slowly coming to full capacity:evil:,our welfare system cannot handle all of this and needs to be reformed:evil: that way there wont be so many of these people coming over.:evil:

They should have a law in place whereby,it would prove difficult for someone to enter ireland,if they did not already have a job or a valid reason to be here,and have it properly enforced.
I have seen some lituanians fighting on our streets in ireland and shouldnt they just be shot like they would do back home?:-x
Are these 'dregs' and 'scumbaggery' Irish citizens returning? As far as I am aware you need to be Irish or have been paying tax/NI in Ireland to qualify for welfare?

Aindriu

Are these 'dregs' and 'scumbaggery' Irish citizens returning? As far as I am aware you need to be Irish or have been paying tax/NI in Ireland to qualify for welfare?
Not strictly true. There is a carry over of assumed NI contributions from the UK if there has not been a break in contributions.

Oh and it's County Limerick NOT Limerick County :rolleyes:

A view from England

Not strictly true. There is a carry over of assumed NI contributions from the UK if there has not been a break in contributions.

Oh and it's County Limerick NOT Limerick County :rolleyes:
It's Limerick County when defining it as seperate from Limerick city.;)

Aindriu

A view from England

Oh no it isn't. It is County Limerick or Limerick City, The same as County Cork or Cork City.
Tell that to my Wife's family who have been roots there for several hundred years. County when describing as a whole, defined split when describing City and County.

cozzy121

Great, another xenophobia thread.

No chance of benefit tourism as why need when could move relatively easily to another part of UK with no hassle.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
I would have thought the habitual residence requirements would prevent such an influx.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies