UK immigration policy: a rolling thread

statsman

After Windrush and the resignation of Amber Rudd, immigration policy in the UK in the run-up to Brexit is a real political hot potato. I thought it would be interesting to track what's happening, remembering all the Irish who live inn the UK, as I did myself twice. The creation of a 'hostile environment' is bound, in the end, to create hostility.

Today's story concerns Teresa May and the NHS staffing shortage, with reports that she blocked visas for Indian doctors against the advice of three government departments.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/01/theresa-may-blocking-requests-to-allow-in-more-overseas-doctors-nhs-shortages

CookieMonster

While the Conservatives are still in power UK immigration policy can be succinctly summarised as:

White British - OK
Literally everyone else - scum of the earth

GDPR

While the Conservatives are still in power UK immigration policy can be succinctly summarised as:

White British - OK
I'd amend that:
White ex-colonials - OK. In fact most whites except those from eastern Europe and those who speak with a strong foreign accent.

Trainwreck

White British - OK

Next go and drag up the UK immigration statistics for the last 7 years, categorised by "race".

You will find record numbers dominated by anyone but "White British"

But hey, in the great Leftist Libtard tradition, when faced with a debate, lead with "YOU FÚCKING RACIST FASCIST NAZI!"

Trainwreck

Oh, I nearly forgot.

Zoo this crap, "Keeping an eye on those FÚCKING RACIST NAZIS!" thread.

GDPR

That could be true, not false. When I was a student in Australia there were foreign students enrolled for graduate degrees and their English would not be good enough for first year primary school. Shocking waste of time and money imho, and having a FAIL on their results. Of course, some of them had probably hoped to buy someone to do their essays etc.

Could not read your paywalled article, even trying it via Google search.

hollandia

I see someone doesn't like facts. :roll:

statsman

That could be true, not false. When I was a student in Australia there were foreign students enrolled for graduate degrees and their English would not be good enough for first year primary school. Shocking waste of time and money imho, and having a FAIL on their results. Of course, some of them had probably hoped to buy someone to do their essays etc.

Could not read your paywalled article, even trying it via Google search.
The key is in the words 'falsely accused'.

razorblade

White British - OK
Thats not true at all you may want it to be but it isnt otherwise everyone would be white British which is very far from being the case but i understand you want to get your virtue signalling in as predicted.

PC Principle

White British - OK
You just made all that up.

Shame on you for your race baiting.

It's you who is racist.

bob3344

Well, it certainly seems that rich Russians and Arabs are particularly welcome. But not poor ones.
Weirdly all those people in Calais were desperate to get to the UK despite it being sooooooo racist & stuff.

They certainly weren't rich.

razorblade

Well, it certainly seems that rich Russians and Arabs are particularly welcome. But not poor ones.
Exactly if they can support themselves they are welcome if not less so its how productive societies work why should it be expected of tax payers to pay for all the needs of everyone else.

PBP voter

White British - OK
Yep.

If you ignore the millions of non-whites that have come to live in the UK while the Tories have been in power your statement is correct.

By the 1950s, High Tories were using imperialist arguments to reject proposals to restrict non-white immigration. “It would be a tragedy,” declared the then colonial secretary, Alan Lennox-Boyd, in 1958, “to bring to an end the traditional right of unrestricted entry into the mother country of Her Majesty’s subjects and quite unthinkable to do so on grounds of colour".

Powell, therefore, was being very un-Tory in rejecting the multiracial Commonwealth and a multiracial Britain.
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/12/empire-state-mind

Last edited:

razorblade

So sick of this its racist crap because you're not willing to accept those who will be a drain on state resources newsflash Australia doesnt does that make it racist ffs.

GDPR

The key is in the words 'falsely accused'.
As I said I could not read the FT article.

If they were falsely accused, surely some English tests and perhaps legal challenges to the ruling could resolve them in the students' favour?

hollandia

Weirdly all those people in Calais were desperate to get to the UK despite it being sooooooo racist & stuff.

They certainly weren't rich.
Ask yourself why they are still in Calais then.

hollandia

So sick of this its racist crap because you're not willing to accept those who will be a drain on state resources newsflash Australia doesnt does that make it racist ffs.
Actually, objectively it does. Google the white australia policy. They have form.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies