UK introduces new equality legislation

Cael

The bourgeois regimes love introducing every kind of equality, except the only equality that really matters - economic equality.

fluffykontbiscuits

The bourgeois regimes love introducing every kind of equality, except the only equality that really matters - economic equality.
Expand on that point....if I want to immerse myself in nonsense I'll read the Bible or Marx

sandar

equality of opportunity is what matters...and waht weare working towards

LeDroit

Cael wants equality of outcomes. So it doesn't matter how hard you work, how innovative or entrepreneurial you are, you get paid the same as the idle thick bloke who lives in the pub. Paradise eh?

sandar

Cael wants equality of outcomes. So it doesn't matter how hard you work, how innovative or entrepreneurial you are, you get paid the same as the idle thick bloke who lives in the pub. Paradise eh?
sounds wonderful as long as I can be ther bloke that gets to live in the pub

firefly123

Yup! communism in a nutshell there.

Communism works for ants. People are lazy and will let others do the work if their is nothing in it for them. It cant work for humans unless of course you shoot the less productive workers who dont meet their quotas! Hang on thats not the worst idea.

Cael

You cannot have equality of opportunity where there is economic inequality. If I had twin thoroughbred foals, and I give one to a man who can afford the best of stables, vet care and training, and I give the other to a poor man who can afford none of that, do you imagine, for one second, that if I race them in three years time that they will have an equal chance of winning?

Cael

Yup! communism in a nutshell there.

Communism works for ants. People are lazy and will let others do the work if their is nothing in it for them. It cant work for humans unless of course you shoot the less productive workers who dont meet their quotas! Hang on thats not the worst idea.
Maybe you are lazy, but most people are not.

Cael

So why does the "innovative or entrepreneurial" have to exploit the labour of the "thick" and "idle" majority? If they are so great, why cant they make money from their own labour?

typical

Some are more equal than others.

Most of the time people are paid in accordance with their competence, past a reasonable probation time. In the interests of "equality" it seems that this is now unacceptable so everyone should now be paid equally, or to put it another way, at the level of the most inept/incompetent person in their department.

Progress eh, sounds like it'll save businesses a fortune.

Cael

Some are more equal than others.

Most of the time people are paid in accordance with their competence

Actually, no. Wage slaves are paid the minimum the employer can get away with paying them.

For a tiny tiny vocal minority the UK state spents a lot of time pandering to their wishes at the expense of everyone else.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
More rebellion against natural order. The trouser suited Harpersons of this world continue their fight against discrimination.

sandar

So why does the "innovative or entrepreneurial" have to exploit the labour of the "thick" and "idle" majority? If they are so great, why cant they make money from their own labour?
they are making money from their own labour...entrepreneurs do labour...but they also supply the means of production enterprise as well as the means of production labour...so they get a bigger reward, they supply 2 of the means of production, not just one.
Its central to why Marx ferlt capitalism was a nescessary stage on the road to his vision of a marxist state, enterprise would drive the technological advances to create enough resources for all, in his vision marxcism would then follow to ensure equitable distribution.
The problem is that most marxists choose to forget the first bit, and dont understand marx

Cael

they are making money from their own labour...entrepreneurs do labour...but they also supply the means of production enterprise as well as the means of production labour...so they get a bigger reward, they supply 2 of the means of production, not just one.

What you mean is that they have expropriated the means of production, and force others, who would prefer to work on those means of production for themselves, to work for them.

sandar

Actually, no. Wage slaves are paid the minimum the employer can get away with paying them.
indeed the key word is get away with, they wage is kept higher by a number of factors, it must be higher than benefits or the employee wouldnt work for it, i.e the employer wouldnt get away with payiong them less than that.
Then it comes dwon to demand for their labour, i.e. if the employer can get more elsewhere theyw ill, so there wage is higher.........
this legislation aims to ensure that employers cant circumvent this second one by discriminating against certain groups of labour suppliers.........instead of aginst certain types of labour

New Threads