UK media collusion with royalists

• Thread starter Deleted member 51920
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 51920

UK media is controlled by a small number of multi millionaires who make millions from feeding their masses with rubbish information. Especially information that makes them attached to their so called 'royal family'
How can any country put up with such sh1te in their national media for so long?
What is their problem with everyone being equal?
What is wrong with that country?

Kate Moss attends lavish wedding of Prince Christian of Hanover | Daily Mail Online

Bleu Poppy

Somebody way way down the pecking order in the Line of Succession to the English Throne has his marriage to a Peruvian commoner solemnised in her home town. A couple of others closer to the Stone of Scone attend. A particular newspaper's online edition goes overboard in its coverage.

It's little you have to be worried about.

Z00000000000000000000000000000000000000!

D

Deleted member 51920

Somebody way way down the pecking order in the Line of Succession to the English Throne has his marriage to a Peruvian commoner solemnised in her home town. A couple of others closer to the Stone of Scone attend. A particular newspaper's online edition goes overboard in its coverage.

It's little you have to be worried about.

Z00000000000000000000000000000000000000!
Not at all
The Brit tabloids are obsessed with anything Royal
Princess xx farted...
Prince xx kissed someone ...
Anything other than actual news seems like what they are about
And the royal are the true fillers in for that vacancy

D

Deleted member 48908

Not at all
The Brit tabloids are obsessed with anything Royal
Princess xx farted...
Prince xx kissed someone ...
Anything other than actual news seems like what they are about
And the royal are the true fillers in for that vacancy
The Brit tabloids, and tabloids the world over as far as that goes, are obsessed with profit.

They run stories that appeal to their market.

By running these stories, they sell more papers and generate more website visits.

More papers/website hits means more circulation.

This in turn means more ad revenue.

More ad revenue means more profit.

The holy grail for these rags is when Kim Kardashian makes a sex tape of Harry and Kanye tag teaming young Megan.

GDPR

Utter nonsense OP.

The British tabloids are obsessed with soccer and soap actors.

redneck

The O.P should read, the UK and Irish media collude with Royalists- imho. There is not a lot of difference between the two. A multi millionaire tax exile owns most of the Irish media too.

ruserious

The Brit tabloids, and tabloids the world over as far as that goes, are obsessed with profit.

They run stories that appeal to their market.

By running these stories, they sell more papers and generate more website visits.

More papers/website hits means more circulation.

This in turn means more ad revenue.

More ad revenue means more profit.

The holy grail for these rags is when Kim Kardashian makes a sex tape of Harry and Kanye tag teaming young Megan.
Or the classic "Breakthrough in Maddie McCann case".

Catalpast

UK media is controlled by a small number of multi millionaires who make millions from feeding their masses with rubbish information. Especially information that makes them attached to their so called 'royal family'
How can any country put up with such sh1te in their national media for so long?
What is their problem with everyone being equal?
What is wrong with that country?

Kate Moss attends lavish wedding of Prince Christian of Hanover | Daily Mail Online
Because it sells newspapers.....

Give em what they wants.....an all that.

blokesbloke

Royal news bores the arse off me. I take after my Granda there - one of the few things we agreed on was we had no time for the royal family.

He refused to go and see the Queen when she visited their town, so one of my cousins had to go with my Nana instead.

Still, lots of people do like them so it sells newspapers. It's not even unique to the UK - plenty of European countries, even or especially the ones who people see as very egalitarian and obsessed with equality, have them and significant portions of their population seem to adore them too.

One thing I do think is that the whole "bicycling monarchy" thing is a huge red herring - some European royal families have great fun pretending they are just like the commoners and their populations seem to enjoy kidding themselves that this is somehow better, but it's all a stinking hypocrisy in my opinion. They are still royal, they are still massively privileged and they are still massively rich from the taxpayer.

The pomp and ostentatious wealth around the UK monarchy leaves me cold, but it is at least honest. It doesn't pretend to be other than it is, and it is there to be judged in all its rich ridiculousness.

If you're going to be royal and consider yourself above others you might as well be open about it, and the UK monarchy is.

blokesbloke

In the meantime if Ireland were ever to have a royal family I could possibly overcome my instinctive dislike of the concept if you chose well.

King Sean Gallagher or Queen Joan Burton would give Ireland massive credibility on the world stage.

Deadlock

In the meantime if Ireland were ever to have a royal family I could possibly overcome my instinctive dislike of the concept if you chose well.

King Sean Gallagher or Queen Joan Burton would give Ireland massive credibility on the world stage.
Now that I have me reading specs in place that reads a bit better! I'd read it originally as King ... and Queen.
Jesus the kids would have been shocking ...

former wesleyan

The Scandanavians have royal families. Don't hear them bitching all the time.

D

Deleted member 48908

Queen Leo is out in Washington doing his best to damage it, unfortunately.

cricket

Media here not much better.
Between the royals, soap stars and dodgy sportsmen, one in particular whose charlie habit is studiously ignored by the media herel

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies