UK parliament to discuss Irish situation tomorrow, Irish parliament to wait until Tue

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
The UK Parliament will tomorrow debate the financial situation in Ireland, whereas our parliament (who take every Monday off) won't utter a word about it until Tuesday.

Is there something fundamentally broken with democratic parliament when in the midst of a crisis, our lower house only sits three days a week?

He3

So is our parliamentary Opposition going to take this lying down and so drive meaningful opposition onto the streets?

Cato

An absolute bloody disgrace. Probably too busy campaigning in Donegal or filling in potholes in their home constituencies.

The whole damn political system needs to be radically reformed. Sadly, the opposition show now signs of engaging in the radical reform required. People power is the only thing that will bring reform.

borntorum

One of the most depressing elements of this is that none of the political parties are very few voices in the media are calling for fundamental political reform. This is the perfect opportunity to create the Second Republic from the ashes of the crisis, but our conservative political class, of all colours, seems unwilling to grasp the issue. These turkeys will never vote for Christmas

cjudge

UK Parliament pretty spooked by their banks' exposure on Irish loans. They were warned about this by our new leader Ajai Chopra on 9 November. You might recognise his face from the news since Thursday. I am sure he and his colleagues enjoyed their dinners at the 5 tables they took at l'Ecrivain last night. (See the news even travels overseas!)

Here he is talking to Sky about the UK recently Ajai Chopra, IMF's Mission Chief For Britain Tells Sky's Jeff Randall That Britain Is On The Mend - Sky News Video Player

DownTheSwanny

Great job Mr Blobby from Offaly, at least it happened on your watch you fat headed bástárd. Cowan the traitor, get the swastika flying over the Dail.... your a national disgrace and public hanging would be too good for you.

Last edited:

glasto

WTF? Are you serious?:mad:

I'm not from here, I didn't know they only sat three days a week! Why? That's feckin ridiculous!:mad:

I love this country (I'm originally from the north) but sometimes I wonder why we ever moved back from London in 2002. At least we didn't buy a house, and our savings are in UB NI. :cool:

We need a revolution.

Daisy Duke

We are where we are.
Lehmans.
I simply don't accept that.
Lehmans.
The begrudgers should commit suicide.
Lehmans.
If I have it, I'll spend it.
Lehmans.

A lot done, more to do.

Elmer

Oh Dear God, wait till the Daily Mail gets hold of this. The lazy, profligate Paddies take the day off while their hard-working Anglo Saxon rescuers debate throwing billions at them.

Middle England will be apoplectic.

Dillinger

One of the most depressing elements of this is that none of the political parties are very few voices in the media are calling for fundamental political reform. This is the perfect opportunity to create the Second Republic from the ashes of the crisis, but our conservative political class, of all colours, seems unwilling to grasp the issue. These turkeys will never vote for Christmas

No one within the Cabal wants to rock the boat, because life is so good on the inside. This is also why they have not really bothered challanging FF in recent years.

Dillinger

Great job Mr Blobby from Offaly, at least it happened on your watch you fat headed bástárd. Cowan the traitor, get the swastika flying over the Dail.... your a national disgrace and public hanging would be too good for you.

I was this angry twenty years ago, and people laughed at me. I suppose better late than never for the rest of the country to wake up.

devnull

WTF? Are you serious?:mad:

I'm not from here, I didn't know they only sat three days a week! Why? That's feckin ridiculous!:mad:
As the government control a majority in the Dáil they get to decide how often it meets, which is a useful way of denying the opposition a forum to criticise them.
When you've got a government this good why would you want democratic accountability?

dresden8

Makes no difference.

We will hear the truth tomorrow.

We will hear lies on Tuesday.

The worst part is the Irish people don't give a fnck.

Mostly because they are not aware, and worst of all, not interested.

We are fncked.

gweedore

fair play collins knew how to deal with these traitors

Riadach

It would want to be some rope.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies