UK to ban people from choosing their sexuality

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
It is a matter of scientific fact whether a person can change their sexuality

Modern research in areas such as neuroplasticity, shows wholesale personality change possible

To date however things like "gay conversion therapy" have been the province of deranged/bigoted folk, who tend to be poorly scientific

However, I think it should be up to the individual to be allowed to decide on what they want, some for example, may choose to become gay

Governments should not seek to regulate sexuality

'Gay conversion therapy' to be banned as part of LGBT equality plan
Equalities minister Penny Mordaunt told BBC Radio 4's Today programme of the practice: "This is very extreme so-called therapy that is there to try and 'cure' someone from being gay - of course you can't cure someone from being gay. In its most extreme form it can involve corrective rape.
She said the government is consulting on the best way to implement a ban, adding: "It's absolutely right that that abhorrent practice has to go."
Cyp

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

I think it should be up to the individual to be allowed to decide on what they want, some for example, may choose to become gay
Equally shouldn't it be up to the individual if they want to avail of this "gay conversion" therapy?

silverharp

would that be "to" as well or just "from"?

fat finger

The Church gives very clear teaching on matters sexual, and says that homosexual acts are wrong. It goes without saying that the current media frenzy surrounding homosex transbenderism issues is largely part of a wider attack on The Church and all it stands for, there is no need for gays to seek conversion therapy when Confession has shown THROUGH HISTORY to be an effective way for sinners to vanquish the demons that seek to dominate them, talking about individuals 'deciding' about their sexuality is pure nonsense, God has created us Man or Woman, period, and ordains behaviours for us as men and women, but the modern world, intent on driving as many people to their destruction, hates the Word of God and never lets up attempting to distort it or prevent people from hearing it, reminding us again, if we need to be reminded, that the OP is a bored troll and not a very good troll despite years of trying

Trainwreck

Modern research in areas such as neuroplasticity, shows wholesale personality change possible

To date however things like "gay conversion therapy" have been the province of deranged/bigoted folk, who tend to be poorly scientific

However, I think it should be up to the individual to be allowed to decide on what they want, some for example, may choose to become gay

Cyp

Why should there be a law stopping people becoming gay if they want to?

benroe

The Church gives very clear teaching on matters sexual, and says that homosexual acts are wrong. It goes without saying that the current media frenzy surrounding homosex transbenderism issues is largely part of a wider attack on The Church and all it stands for, there is no need for gays to seek conversion therapy when Confession has shown THROUGH HISTORY to be an effective way for sinners to vanquish the demons that seek to dominate them, talking about individuals 'deciding' about their sexuality is pure nonsense, God has created us Man or Woman, period, and ordains behaviours for us as men and women, but the modern world, intent on driving as many people to their destruction, hates the Word of God and never lets up attempting to distort it or prevent people from hearing it, reminding us again, if we need to be reminded, that the OP is a bored troll and not a very good troll despite years of trying
I think you put far too much importance on your religion and its brainfarts, nobody gives a crap what its backward teachings are anymore, and thats a good thing.
The idea that people are doing this just to pee of your religion is hilarious.

cunnyfunt

"we live in a fkd up world"...

GDPR

Cyp
Dont be silly, its to prevent charlatans from advertising therapies which dont work. I saw a documentary about this - one poor guy was made to get down on his hands and knees and cough and growl to release the urges inside him.

That sounds like it might have solved the therapists sexual problems, but it didnt do much for him.

GDPR

At an Anglican (I was a communing member of the Church of England at the time) prayer group I belonged a girl came forward and confessed to same-sex attraction and asked us to pray over her to remove this from her soul. She obtained liberation from these desires. Will this legislation make such illegal I wonder?

GDPR

At an Anglican (I was a communing member of the Church of England at the time) prayer group I belonged a girl came forward and confessed to same-sex attraction and asked us to pray over her to remove this from her soul. She obtained liberation from these desires. Will this legislation make such illegal I wonder?
Were you wearing your gold bikini...

benroe

I doubt it will ever be illegal to pray away the gay, but you have to wonder at the sanity of religions and their adherents who think it could work, and feel for the poor eejits who think their sexuality is "sinful" or "abhorrent" because of their religious beliefs.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Possibly.

What do you make of this Miss?

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/is-god-male-the-episcopal-church-debates-whether-to-change-its-book-of-common-prayer/ar-AAzwOeV?li=AAmb2oK&ocid=spartanntp

GDPR

Roll_On

Already banned in Ireland. It has shown to be particularly damaging. Unlike acupuncture or the like so I think a ban is justified.

Clanrickard

Already banned in Ireland. It has shown to be particularly damaging. Unlike acupuncture or the like so I think a ban is justified.
It isn't banned.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Dont be silly, its to prevent charlatans from advertising therapies which dont work. I saw a documentary about this - one poor guy was made to get down on his hands and knees and cough and growl to release the urges inside him.

That sounds like it might have solved the therapists sexual problems, but it didnt do much for him.
Well all sorts of quacks are allowed

Also, going gay likely saves on social welfare, so a full package, including advanced buggery schooling, should be offered to all ling term unemployed

Cyp

Mercurial

Cyp
All governments regulate the provision of healthcare. As part of that regulation, they frequently prohibit "treatments" that are shown to be ineffective and dangerous. This is no different.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Nanny State shyte

GDPR

Well all sorts of quacks are allowed

Also, going gay likely saves on social welfare, so a full package, including advanced buggery schooling, should be offered to all ling term unemployed

Cyp
This why the capitalist elite push homosexuality.

I got mum shamed by a piece of bourgeois trash for allowing my daughter to play with traveller kids while she is extremely enthusiastic about "Pride" and even brought her kids to see one of these parades.

There is more to life than the pursuit of filthy lucre.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies