• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

UKIP facing wipeout in Euro Elections

mccafferty cat

Some more grim news for Kathy Sinnott I'm afraid! Her fascist, anti-Irish, anti-democracy, anti-Good Friday Agreement pals in UKIP - who, like her good self, were not averse to telling a pack of bare-faced lies to the electorate on any and all European issues - are facing their Waterloo in June. Their poll ratings are at anything between 1% and 7% (probably at the lower end of this) compared with 16% in 2004, meaning that they are likely to lose all of their 9 remaining MEPs (12 elected last time - Kilroy-Silk left, and two others were expelled for corruption and expense abuse)

The Independent

The party has garnered only between 1 and 2 per cent of voters' support in recent polling, although the only poll of Euro election voting intentions did put its support at 7 per cent. Its party conference in September was overshadowed by reports of plotting, intrigue and extraordinary internal feuds. In September, The Independent revealed that the party's press officer, Annabelle Fuller, had resigned after receiving phone threats. Senior Tories breathed sighs of relief as they watched the events in Bournemouth unfold.

Yesterday, the former One Man and His Dog presenter Robin Page announced his resignation from the party, claiming his former colleagues were "in the process of imploding". He accused Mr Farage of despotic tendencies and obtaining "almost complete centralised power of Ukip".

Meanwhile, Ukip's membership has fallen from a peak of 26,000 to about 15,000. Donations last year reached £200,000, sharply down on the £377,000 raised in 2007, although the party says it has raised hundreds of thousands of pounds this year in preparation for the June ballots.

Ukip is defending nine of the 12 seats it won in 2004. Mr Kilroy-Silk quit to form his own Veritas party, Ashley Mote was expelled after being arrested for benefit fraud, while Tom Wise was suspended after being investigated by EU anti-fraud watchdogs.
This is fantastic, hilarious news, and is sure to be greeted by denial and bluster by Future Taoiseach and other Libertas apologists.

It also points to the very, very serious demise of the hardline Eurosceptic parties across Europe. The PiS in Poland are facing annihilation next June, and the various parties of the UEN have already given up the ghost, which has recently forced FF into a rather uncomfortable alliance with the Liberals.

wysiwyg

Some more grim news for Kathy Sinnott I'm afraid! Her fascist, anti-Irish, anti-democracy, anti-Good Friday Agreement pals in UKIP - who, like her good self, were not averse to telling a pack of bare-faced lies to the electorate on any and all European issues - are facing their Waterloo in June. Their poll ratings are at anything between 1% and 7% (probably at the lower end of this) compared with 16% in 2004, meaning that they are likely to lose all of their 9 remaining MEPs (12 elected last time - Kilroy-Silk left, and two others were expelled for corruption and expense abuse)

The Independent

This is fantastic, hilarious news, and is sure to be greeted by denial and bluster by Future Taoiseach and other Libertas apologists.

It also points to the very, very serious demise of the hardline Eurosceptic parties across Europe. The PiS in Poland are facing annihilation next June, and the various parties of the UEN have already given up the ghost, which has recently forced FF into a rather uncomfortable alliance with the Liberals.
You really have a problem with being told NO by the Irish people, don't you.

Can I ask a question.. if a majority vote next time, will you be agreeable to a third and final vote... a best of three let's call it

Or do you only consider a vote legitimate when you agree with the result ?

D

Duth Ealla

The Independent

problem is who replaces them? The BNP in north east England?

mccafferty cat

You really have a problem with being told NO by the Irish people, don't you.

Can I ask a question.. if a majority vote next time, will you be agreeable to a third and final vote... a best of three let's call it

Or do you only consider a vote legitimate when you agree with the result ?
Sorry, this thread is about UKIP and their allies in the European elections. Stick to the topic

ArtyQueing

Robin Page is sectarian and any party which divests of his services is better off. However they have a point though there manner of expressing it leaves alot to be desired.

As a nation we have voted and I would dearly wish to have our party respect that decision.

mccafferty cat

problem is who replaces them? The BNP in north east England?
UKIP took seats from the Conservatives last time (who in turn took seats from Labour)

With the Tories on 42%+ in the polls, all of UKIPs seats would go to them.

The BNP have nowhere near the level of support to get anyone elected to the European Parliament.

euroboy

I don't know, I think its a bit early to say the UKIP will be wiped out. I think nationalists, anti-immigration and eurosceptic parties will get strong support at the Euro elections, especially if those parties reinforce the idea that the free movement of labour and capital are the root cause of their unemployment.

Its nice to see FF have left what can only be described as above, and have joined the liberals.
Its also interesting to note, that the move recieved little media coverage or debate on this board, a further demonstration that the Euros play second fiddle to national elections.

wysiwyg

Sorry, this thread is about UKIP and their allies in the European elections. Stick to the topic
No, it's not. It's about gloating because people you don't support seem to be having a hard time politically.

Now, are you prepared to answer the question. If the re-run referendum results in a Yes outcome, will you call for a third referendum, as a run off..

Or are only results you agree with, legitimate ?

Effin Effer!!!

Lisbon aside!

This is good news - there nothing more than a bunch of British racists wishing for the return of the empire.

Good ridance to the lot of them!!!

D

Duth Ealla

UKIP took seats from the Conservatives last time (who in turn took seats from Labour)

With the Tories on 42%+ in the polls, all of UKIPs seats would go to them.

The BNP have nowhere near the level of support to get anyone elected to the European Parliament.

not so sure about that.

found this report on their prospects:

The BNP only needs a slight improvement on its 2004 vote to get there. In the North West, where party leader Nick Griffin is standing, the BNP only needs to add 2% to its 2004 vote of 6.4% to be virtually guaranteed a seat.
The BNP's main target will be the North West, where the party would need just 9% of the vote to be guaranteed a seat, though it could get one MEP elected with as little as 7.5%, depending on how the votes are distributed among other parties. Griffin has already announced that he will top the party list in this region. In 2004 the BNP polled 6.4% of the vote and did so with little campaigning outside its traditional East Lancashire and Greater Manchester heartlands. Since then the BNP has grown significantly in new areas, such as Cumbria and Merseyside, and is polling well in parts of Greater Manchester, including achieving votes in council elections of over 20% in Manchester itself.

It would seem to be a fairly reasonable read of the situation to say that at least one MEP for them is probable.

I would not ascribe all that UKIP vote to the conservatives so readily.

mccafferty cat

"Libertas apologists"? You're the one mentioning Libertas. Stick to the topic.
Libertas are strongly allied with UKIP and their pals across Europe, and would doubtless be in an alliance with them in the event that they get any seats in June. So it's perfectly on-topic to mention them

mccafferty cat

It would seem to be a fairly reasonable read of the situation to say that at least one MEP for them is probable.

I would not ascribe all that UKIP vote to the conservatives so readily.
You could be right about the BNP's chances, however it would be Labour (not UKIP) seats that they would be taking. (The reason I don't think they'll get any seats is because they have threatened to take some several times before and failed)

UKIP's core support comes from core Tory heartlands, suburban and more rurual areas, and wealthier voters.

The BNP draw their support from working class urban areas.

jimmyjames

Libertas are strongly allied with UKIP and their pals across Europe, and would doubtless be in an alliance with them in the event that they get any seats in June. So it's perfectly on-topic to mention them
I agree, and the only reason Libertas cam to prominance in this country was to promote a No vote in the Lisbon treaty referendum. So what's wrong with mentioning Lisbon?

"You really have a problem with being told NO by the Irish people, don't you.

Or do you only consider a vote legitimate when you agree with the result ?"

jimmyjames

Anyway who gives a toss about a British nationalist party. They're has beens and look like a bunch of old codgers with nothing better to to. Down with this sort of thing!

D

Duth Ealla

I agree, and the only reason Libertas cam to prominance in this country was to promote a No vote in the Lisbon treaty referendum. So what's wrong with mentioning Lisbon?

"You really have a problem with being told NO by the Irish people, don't you.

Or do you only consider a vote legitimate when you agree with the result ?"
JimmyJames, there wont be a vote if its Yes. It just dont work like that.
You know it and I know it.

Libertas are dead in the water and a busted flush. Lisbon or no Lisbon and it will be rather lamentable to see RTE continue to trot them out as the leaders of the No campaign come Lisbon 2.

The only reason they were put into poll position by RTE last time was so as to avoid having to have Sinn Fein being used as the No reps the whole time

Libertas will flunk in the Euros with desultory results. Of this I have no doubt at all.
We saw what happened in the last GE where the choice came down to choosing the best block to lead the country. Small parties got nailed. These Euros will be about the economy and not about Lisbon. Libertas has been caught out by terrible timing in my opinion.

setanta

Anyway who gives a toss about a British nationalist party. They're has beens and look like a bunch of old codgers with nothing better to to. Down with this sort of thing!
This image cleary shows that Kathy Sinnot, at least, does "give a toss about a British nationalist party."

Eye of Angkor

UKIP and BNP are coming out of totally different stables.

UKIP is finished once the Tories are within a sniff of power.

On the other hand the BNP will benefit from Labour's decline.

D

Duth Ealla

This image cleary shows that Kathy Sinnot, at least, does "give a toss about a British nationalist party."

Its the muppet with the hat that does the damage in this photo. She might have looked half a clown otherwise; but the lad playing paddy-whackery love the Irish and the guinness wot angle really makes her look like the worst type of snivelling castle creature.
Very disappointing to see it.

D

Duth Ealla

UKIP and BNP are coming out of totally different stables.

UKIP is finished once the Tories are within a sniff of power.

On the other hand the BNP will benefit from Labour's decline.
thanks, and you as well McCat.

I think you both made good points on where the bnp will gain votes and what type of vote they are looking at.

So they actually have two areas to tap, a eurosceptic ukip vote that while prepondering to the tories might see some spin off to them; and an angry labour base vote hurting from the recession.