UKIP on its 15th leader who says he'll resign in 12 months, why is UKIP so chaotic ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
UKIP seem loonily chaotic
RTE - Gerard Batten appointed leader of Britain's UKIP party
However, Mr Batten immediately announced his intention to resign in 12 months' time because he was was elected unopposed, after no other candidates stepped forward by Saturday's deadline.
Here's the list of leaders:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_Independence_Party_leaders

How come they can't manage to hold onto their leaders ?

Do they deliver value for money to their EP constituents ?

Cyp

Sync

It's a massive statement of optimism from him to think UKIP will be around in 12 months given their financial problems.

Analyzer

cyperian on 15th thread since this time yesterday.....

raetsel

They won't be around to take the blame when Brexit goes pear shaped. May and the other Tory clowns will have to shoulder most of that.

cricket

You have to hand it to them, they're entertaining.

former wesleyan

What's EP ?

blokesbloke

UKIP is over. It will be a surprise if they still exist in 12 months time.

I let my membership lapse some time ago. I would have rejoined to vote for Suzanne Evans, who would have been a superb leader, but they farted around with the rules of eligibility and she couldn't even run - presumably this counted out many other candidates too which is why they have an unelected leader. Farcical.

I notified them the same day Suzanne declared she couldn't run that I wanted to be deleted from their mailing list, and to be fair they did so - haven't had a peep out of them since. Before that it was increasingly desperate pleas for money.

Their main purpose for existence has been achieved so it's rudderless.

Also there were always a lot of Nigel Farage fanboys and fangirls who openly said that Nigel Farage was UKIP and never really accepted any other leader.

It was quite cult-like with them so other leaders never had a chance.

The membership is actually very diverse, something called Brexit was the only thing they always agreed on, otherwise they came from a lot of different political backgrounds.

Anne Marie Waters, a Dub, tried to become leader and when she failed she left and set up her own party, so she took some members with her too. (She's an interesting character - I'd love to know more about her. She's a Dublin lesbian, still got a strong Irish accent, but her new party is called "For Britain" and she talks about how she loves the UK, which seems odd for someone from the Republic. I don't know her background. Anyone know anything about her?)

There were always a fair few disillusioned Conservatives, so when something called Brexit happened they were happy to go back to the fold there.

I have no grá for any of the main parties. I have voted for them all in the past - indeed I campaigned for Labour in 1997 and was a Lib Dem member for a period of time after that. Lib Dems and UKIP are the only parties I've ever actually been a member of.

No idea who I'll vote for now. I may well spoil my ballot paper.

I will have to check what parties are available in the local elections coming up in May in my constituency. If it's just the usual suspects then it's a spoilt ballot paper - Labour always get in when I live anyway.

I am pretty disengaged from politics now. I feel I have to vote but a spoilt ballot paper is the best I can do at the moment.

UKIP thoroughly deserves mocking as it's made some awful feck-ups, but it achieved what it was set up to achieve with a handful of councillors and never more than one MP.

So take the piss, in many ways it deserves it and it's no skin off my arse - but I can't think of another party in UK history that achieved such a major change with virtually no Parliamentary representation and in such a short space of time.

UKIP were always treated as a joke, but they got what they wanted.

Last edited:

benroe

Prominent brexiteer vlogger Sarrgon of Akkad is coming to Ireland on the 23rd of May to give a talk on communism and meeting other "liberalists" for drinks after.

blokesbloke

Prominent brexiteer vlogger Sarrgon of Akkad is coming to Ireland on the 23rd of May to give a talk on communism and meeting other "liberalists" for drinks after.
Never heard of 'em.

Gin Soaked

UKIP seem loonily chaotic
RTE - Gerard Batten appointed leader of Britain's UKIP party

Here's the list of leaders:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_Independence_Party_leaders

How come they can't manage to hold onto their leaders ?

Do they deliver value for money to their EP constituents ?

Cyp
Most of their members are thick racist white trash who blame Brown People for their lot in life. As opposed to looking at their life decisions and lazy racism.

And as we know from the Jeremy Kyle show, these mouth breathers are not the most stable. So chaos is inevitable.

Degeneration X

blokesbloke

Most of their members are thick racist white trash who blame Brown People for their lot in life. As opposed to looking at their life decisions and lazy racism.

And as we know from the Jeremy Kyle show, these mouth breathers are not the most stable. So chaos is inevitable.
No they aren't. A party which wanted to get the UK out of the EU was never based on a dislike of brown people. There were (and are) plenty of brown people in UKIP.

That's just thick lazy stereotyping on your part. You haven't the first clue what you're talking about.

But carry on. This is classic P.ie... you have a former UKIP member on here who was always ready and willing to discuss UKIP and Brexit and give a genuine perspective on it, whilst openly saying the party had major flaws and its fair share of morons (like all political parties) but posters like you never wanted to hear it.

You're exactly the same as the "Shinners are all IRA baby-murderers", "Fine Gael are all fascist blueshirts" etc. etc. types. Pig ignorant with your comfort blankie of simplistic moronic stereotypes whilst pretend to despise people for being pig ignorant with simplistic moronic stereotypes.

Disappointing to see Eagle "liking" this post too. You see Eagle, you say you don't think I am any kind of fascist but here we are again...

This is why I took a long break and it's why I only came back provided I didn't talk about Brexit. I thought perhaps a former UKIP members insight might be useful on a thread about UKIP, and one or two posters found it useful, but most of it is just the usual circle-jerk of ignorance and prejudice about da Brits.

Heaven forbid I should interrupt, lads. Make sure you clean the drool and spunk up when you're done.

Last edited:

Gin Soaked

No they aren't. A party which wanted to get the UK out of the EU was never based on a dislike of brown people. There were (and are) plenty of brown people in UKIP.

That's just thick lazy stereotyping on your part. You haven't the first clue what you're talking about.

But carry on. This is classic P.ie... you have a former UKIP member on here who was always ready and willing to discuss UKIP and Brexit and give a genuine perspective on it, whilst openly saying the party had major flaws and its fair share of morons (like all political parties) but posters like you never wanted to hear it.

You're exactly the same as the "Shinners are all IRA baby-murderers", "Fine Gael are all fascist blueshirts" etc. etc. types. Pig ignorant with your comfort blankie of simplistic moronic stereotypes whilst pretend to despise people for being pig ignorant with simplistic moronic stereotypes.

Disappointing to see Eagle "liking" this post too. You see Eagle, you say you don't think I am any kind of fascist but here we are again...

This is why I took a long break and it's why I only came back provided I didn't talk about Brexit. I thought perhaps a former UKIP members insight might be useful on a thread about UKIP, and one or two posters found it useful, but most of it is just the usual circle-jerk of ignorance and prejudice about da Brits.

Heaven forbid I should interrupt, lads. Make sure you clean the drool and spunk up when you're done.
UKIP fathered Brexit. Which has deeply threatened our peace process and normalisation of NI after decades of active terrorism. Much of it state sponsored.

And that was after centuries of abuse of Ireland by England. Which also managed to wrap a bit of genocide too with the famine.

And Britant made a mess of a lot of the world through colonialism..

So when half your voters vote without thinking of their countries deep guilt and obligation towards their nearest and closest neighbour, well, sorry if I am a bit less than flattering about nidge's camp followers.

I like you as a poster and am very impressed with the interest you take in Ireland, but do not underestimate how much anger there is in Ireland towards the Brexit campaigners and charlatans, esp Nidge.

blokesbloke

UKIP fathered Brexit. Which has deeply threatened our peace process and normalisation of NI after decades of active terrorism. Much of it state sponsored.

And that was after centuries of abuse of Ireland by England. Which also managed to wrap a bit of genocide too with the famine.

And Britant made a mess of a lot of the world through colonialism..

So when half your voters vote without thinking of their countries deep guilt and obligation towards their nearest and closest neighbour, well, sorry if I am a bit less than flattering about nidge's camp followers.

I like you as a poster and am very impressed with the interest you take in Ireland, but do not underestimate how much anger there is in Ireland towards the Brexit campaigners and charlatans, esp Nidge.
There you go...

It's never going to be any different, is it?

Gin Soaked

There you go...

It's never going to be any different, is it?
So remaining in the EU so as not to jeapordise peace in your closest neighbour, one your country has abused repeatedly, even in recent decades, is something the UKIP saw as worthless. Better for your govt cynically exploits to stay in govt (using the reprehensible DUP) whilst damaging Ireland and Britain so you can feel some degree of deluded independence?

Pursuing Brexit is morally repugnant.

blokesbloke

I can't stay on P.ie anymore.

I can't stand being this hated.

I thought it would be okay if I came back and didn't mention it but it's never going to change, is it?

I've changed my password to a random one I didn't note down and my e-mail address to a throwaway one which is already deleted, so when I log out I will be unable to log back in.

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive, but as I've mentioned before I have depression, anxiety and OCD and a family member has been diagnosed with cancer and dementia at once.

I can't stand being hated on here any more.

Bye.

New Threads

Most Replies